Chelsea vs Liverpool (Super Cup) Wed 14th Aug 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Although there is technically a trophy at stake it is not one of the more highly recognized ones. I'd say the game against Leicester at the weekend is far more important. That being said a win would to our confidence no harm, and it would no doubt annoy the scousers too. Hopefully we can put today's game behind us and give it a real go on Wednesday. Although I am worried about how our defense will deal with the likes of Firmino/Salah/Mane.

So i expect this line up:

Kepa

Reece                             AC                                      Tomori/Zouma                        Alonso

Jorginho                            Kovacic/Kante        

Pulisic                                                                                                                       Kenedy

Barkley/Mount                 

Bats                     

Maybe a bit too offensive, a bit scared with Liverpool´s attack.

Edited by Nevamind

Can’t see anything other than a heavy defeat here. The team simply isn’t good enough to compete against a side like Liverpool. They have far too much quality, intensity and all the momentum.

Play the B team and focus on the much more important Leicester game at the next weekend. Because lose that and it could be crisis time...

caballero 

Zappa  Tomori - Zouma Alonso

Bakayoko kovacic 

mount

Pulisic Batsch Kenedy

Edited by chelsea_true_blue

4 hours ago, forbzy said:

Although there is technically a trophy at stake it is not one of the more highly recognized ones. I'd say the game against Leicester at the weekend is far more important. That being said a win would to our confidence no harm, and it would no doubt annoy the scousers too. Hopefully we can put today's game behind us and give it a real go on Wednesday. Although I am worried about how our defense will deal with the likes of Firmino/Salah/Mane.

They won’t. 

Firmino/Salah/Mane/Origi will have a field day against the useless Zouma and Christensen. 

Lampard will send out a strong team for this game, 'giving away' this game will not do the team and himself any good, we will worry about Leicester after this. Sure, we are massive underdogs, but it's an one off game and if Kante makes a comeback, at least we will keep the game tight.

I think we should play like we did against ManU but be more cautious in losing possession and we need to be deadly in front of goal. We can't win any games if we don't finish our chances.

Liverpool is twice the team that Manu is. If we can't play past Van Dijk and score past Alisson we will absolutely lose the game. Both world class in its true meaning.

Tough test and a possibility to win a trophy. And we won't lose any Premier League points in that game.

I think we should enjoy this game and wish us a better luck than against ManU.

No Alisson for them. Not sure it makes much of a difference with our weak forward line. 

I would like to see us keep tight and be abit more controlled in our play and tactics. Controlling the game doesn’t mean going all out attack. Just need to pick the right moments. 

I’d put Giroud on upfront as Vandike will have the other 2 on toast. Giroud is at least physical. Put Ross in the # 10 role let the yank start as MM had 90 on Sunday. Kante is a given with Kova. Willy travelled couldn’t be worse than Pedro at passing to the opposition. Tomori needs match time as does Big Willy. Keep the full backs they need more practice at crossing into the box !

Cant see past the Vermin lifting the cup though regrettably