coco

Chelsea vs Liverpool (Super Cup) Wed 14th Aug 20:00 GMT

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

Where's my klaxon?  Dipper alert, dipper alert.

Trolling but not even well done.

Don't you have a chicken to mourn or compo to claim or something?

So I must be trolling to claim Tammy is not good enough for CFC? 🤣

But I get it, when you have no argument it’s easier to just shouting “troll!” at someone with a different opinion.

1 minute ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

So I must be trolling to claim Tammy is not good enough for CFC? 🤣

But I get it, when you have no argument it’s easier to just shouting “troll!” at someone with a different opinion.

Not shouting, just pointing out that my spidey-sense (world famous as it is) has identified clearly that you're a dipper masquerading as Chels and your IP will soon be on so many iffy websites you'll end up  on a register.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Not shouting, just pointing out that my spidey-sense (world famous as it is) has identified clearly that you're a dipper masquerading as Chels and your IP will soon be on so many iffy websites you'll end up  on a register.

I am not a Liverpool fan. I can assure you.

Edited by chelsea_true_blue

5 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Yep, they always say that.  And then they go  googling some details about Chelsea from years ago, and get too over-complicated and then we all have a jolly good laugh at how silly they are, before they get aggressive enough to get banned or stupid enough to get banned.  

My money is on stupid in your case, but aggressive is equally possible.

2 hours ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Well I don’t think we deserved anything from that game. 

Defensively awful. Abraham simply doesn’t belong at this level. 

The guy is at the start of his career. He has to learn and learn quickly and I'm confident he will.

8 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Indeed it could go either way. I enjoyed his use of "ad hominem" which made me think he might not be completely brain dead but then you're/your reared its ugly head.

Very encouraged by last night's performance. Frank's arrival has re-energised my love for the club after last year's misery fest. 

14 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Yep, they always say that.  And then they go  googling some details about Chelsea from years ago, and get too over-complicated and then we all have a jolly good laugh at how silly they are, before they get aggressive enough to get banned or stupid enough to get banned.  

You’re evidently still worked up over last nights game. 

Go and have a lay down and cool off. It’s only a game, fella, relax. 

14 minutes ago, Beancounter said:

The guy is at the start of his career. He has to learn and learn quickly and I'm confident he will.

I understand that he’s still raw I just feel he lacks the quality to lead the line four a top 4 club. I fear we’ll miss out on CL relaying on him as the main source of goals. Our defence is a shambles so getting the goals is going to be even more important this season.  

8 minutes ago, Liam said:

Indeed it could go either way. I enjoyed his use of "ad hominem" which made me think he might not be completely brain dead but then you're/your reared its ugly head.

Very encouraged by last night's performance. Frank's arrival has re-energised my love for the club after last year's misery fest. 

I was also very encouraged and excited, Liam - and it's good to see you back with your attempts at wit  - I,  for one, have missed them.

Unfortunately, you'll not be able to attend the proposed piss-up, seeing as how the Brectums are going to install watch-towers and machine guns on the border and anti-aircraft balloons all along the coastline of New Albion (currently called Carmarthenshire).  Still, demonocracy,  eh?

4 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

I understand that he’s still raw I just feel he lacks the quality to lead the line four a top 4 club. I fear we’ll miss out on CL relaying on him as the main source of goals. Our defence is a shambles so getting the goals is going to be even more important this season.  

I never judge a player so early into the season, he will come good once he believes in himself. The defence will settle down. Zouma looks strangely nervous, but that will pass and with Kante playing in the correct place they will get a bit more protection.

1 hour ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Do you really have faith we can finish top 4 and win a trophy with Frank as gaffer, 

41 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

You do a bloody good impression of one.

If you are a Chelsea fan, you must be our weakest link.

..........goodbye.

18 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I was also very encouraged and excited, Liam - and it's good to see you back with your attempts at wit  - I,  for one, have missed them.

Unfortunately, you'll not be able to attend the proposed piss-up, seeing as how the Brectums are going to install watch-towers and machine guns on the border and anti-aircraft balloons all along the coastline of New Albion (currently called Carmarthenshire).  Still, demonocracy,  eh?

We could always have the piss up here in Dublin, in what is called "Europe". At that stage your pound sterling should be worth about 50 cent. 

Change of subject: the overall standard of refereeing last night, was very good,going on excellent, better i thought, than what we've become accustomed to in the Premier League.

On a few occasions, the ref was conned by Liverpool players diving (e.g. Alexander Arnold in the penalty area, throwing himself over one of our forwards, clutching his face as if he'd been whacked with a baseball bat, "earning" a free kick and breaking up one of our more promising attacks), but I can't hold that against them. This is down to the gamesmanship/dishonesty/prevalence of cheating bastards that is all too common in the modern game.

To misquote The Monks: "Nice legs shame about the...

...decisions to disallow both Pulisic and Mason Mount's "goals"... even if both decisions were (whisper it) probably correct. Ish.

Sorry, couldn't resist it!

If the referee team weren't female, we likely wouldn't even be talking about them.  Which is the highest compliment you can pay a referee team.

I so enjoyed watching us play yesterday, I went home and watched the game again.  

37 minutes ago, Liam said:

We could always have the piss up here in Dublin, in what is called "Europe". At that stage your pound sterling should be worth about 50 cent. 

Whilst that would be very appealing, I am assured daily by our upright and totally altruistic politicians that any stout Englishman attempting to cross the border into what you might refer to as a "europe" but which all right-minded people know to be the un-democratic, fish-stealing, banana-straightening empire of Beelzebub, which robbed us of our virgins and innocents in its "Kavos" and "Ibiza", would instantly and irrevocably turn into a hissing and steaming puddle of red-faced bigotry and irrational gibbering about blue passports, which Delors will then fashion into his infamous anti-Thatcher "camembert".  And then where would we be?  Up sh*t creek without a groat or farthing, that's where.  

2 hours ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

But for Kepa pool would have been out of sight. The difference in quality between the two sides was like night and day. Not one of our team would get in their first XI. Maybe N’Golo but Fabinho suits Klopp’s philosophy more.

I understand you’re frustration at the result but they’re European champions for a reason. 

Yeah they played Spurs, the best bottle jobs of Europe lol.

Bottom line is VAR helped Liverpool and hindered us. Without VAR it is highly likely Pulisic's goal stands (it was super marginal even with VAR) and a good chance so does Mounts and we win in regular time.

Not saying the calls were for sure incorrect at all but without the presence of VAR we win the game imo.

Only heard the radio commentary and read reports but lots of people saying Chelsea played well and the interplay in our attacks was good but it wasn't a pen. Was it?

Sounds like we improved from Sunday and the inclusion of Kante seems to have shored the midfield up.

I think Franks choices at the moment are as good as they can be and the play seems to be moving in the right direction. Its difficult to make choices about our centre forward because none of them are banging the door down. At what point does Batshuayi get a run? I think we have to stick with Tammy as first choice for a few games yet and rotate with Giroud from the bench. Lets see how Tammy reacts to the penalty miss and with a couple of easier games coming  hopefully he can score.