coco

Chelsea vs Liverpool (Super Cup) Wed 14th Aug 20:00 GMT

All women officiating  team tomorrow...now here’s my take can anyone with a straight face say they will be as good as a top male referee?

Answer is no because they don’t have the same experience at top level. They haven’t picked the best team they have picked them all because they are women, to make a statement, isn’t that sexist? 

Lampard himself yesterday said this game means a lot to the club. This is a very important game. Klopp said the same thing so this will be a hard fought game between two games that will give everything to win.

Tempted to give Emerson a rest but Alonso's pace would get absolutely killed.

Tempted to give Azpi a rest but Zappa isn't exactly good.

Tempted to not play Zouma but do we really want to throw Tomori in against such a team?

Who do we play up top? Giroud for experience but we ain't scoring, keep faith in Tammy or give Batshuayi a shot to prove himself.

A lot of tough decisions for Lamps.

2 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

All women officiating  team tomorrow...now here’s my take can anyone with a straight face say they will be as good as a top male referee?

Answer is no because they don’t have the same experience at top level. They haven’t picked the best team they have picked them all because they are women, to make a statement, isn’t that sexist? 

She might do as well as any top male referee on this occasion but i would agree that she shouldn't really be the ref for this game.

On merit she doesn't deserve it having only refereed one Ligue 1 game in her entire career. A guy with that little experience wouldn't get this game i think it's safe to say.

11 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Tempted to give Emerson a rest but Alonso's pace would get absolutely killed.

Tempted to give Azpi a rest but Zappa isn't exactly good.

Tempted to not play Zouma but do we really want to throw Tomori in against such a team?

Who do we play up top? Giroud for experience but we ain't scoring, keep faith in Tammy or give Batshuayi a shot to prove himself.

A lot of tough decisions for Lamps.

For some reason Alonso always done quite well against Liverpool and Giroud's been a bit of a kryptonite for VVD (scored in like 4/5 games on the spin vs him before the 1-1 last season).

Probably the two most obvious places for rotation to keep things fresh.

39 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Have to agree, this is just a move to appease the PC brigade. Top level referees work their entire career to get a chance at reffing a game like this then this officiating team just get it handed to them because of what they have between their legs. 

1 hour ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

47 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Have to agree, this is just a move to appease the PC brigade. Top level referees work their entire career to get a chance at reffing a game like this then this officiating team just get it handed to them because of what they have between their legs. 

These are genuinely terrible arguments. 

Stéphanie Frappart has been FIFA-listed for a decade. she has been officiating in men's league football for five years. She has officiated at a World Cup, including the Final. What part of that suggests that she also has not been working her entire career for a golden opportunity? Why should a woman working throughout her career mean anything less than a man working throughout his career?

The Super Cup last year was apparently refereed by Szymon Marciniak. Can either of you tell me with a straight face that you've heard of him? Did you have a problem when he was announced as the referee for this match last season? Do either of you genuinely know whether or not she is any good as a ref? Do either of you have a problem with this announcement for any reason other than Stéphanie is a woman?

Why should any female referee be impeded from any match "because of what they have between their legs"?

How on earth are female referees ever going to get opportunities in the men's game if it is definitively declared that "they don't have the same experience at top level"?

Edited by PloKoon13
Spelling

This is a trophy and Lamps first chance of silverware. Would be a great morale boost if we win. A trophy could give the team the taste for glory and motivate them to kick on and have a great season. 

40 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Stéphanie Frappart has been FIFA-listed for a decade. she has been officiating in men's league football for five years. She has officiated at a World Cup, including the Final. What part of that suggests that she also has not been working her entire career for a golden opportunity? Why should a woman working throughout her career mean anything less than a man working throughout his career?

The Super Cup last year was apparently refereed by Szymon Marciniak. Can either of you tell me with a straight face that you've heard of him? Did you have a problem when he was announced as the referee for this match last season? Do either of you genuinely know whether or not she is any good as a ref? Do either of you have a problem with this announcement for any reason other than Stéphanie is a woman?

Why should any female referee be impeded from any match "because of what they have between their legs"?

How on earth are female referees ever going to get opportunities in the men's game if it is definitively declared that "they don't have the same experience at top level"?

Marciniak was refereeing at world cups and European qualifiers back in 2014 up until present day. 

Frappart has been refereeing in the lower leagues of France and women's tournaments until this season. 

Whatever way you look at it, they should have at least let her have a season or two at a top level male competition before just handing her and the other officials this role. 

But who is going to cut the half time oranges?

12 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Thankfully I'll be out so won't have to watch it. I can't see anything but another thrashing, with big players still out and a poor defence with no cover.

You could of said the exact same thing on the morning of 19th May 2012.

3 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Recently an NRL game, Austrlian rugby league, one of the most macho sports on the planet, was reffed by a woman, and she was universally praised in the job she did. She hadnt played top flight RL, in fact had barely played any, but she has since done several games and has continued to be praised by players, coaches and commentators on the excellent job she did.

Kepa

Zappa  Azpi  Christensen  Emerson

Kovacic  Jorginho

Pedro    Mount    Barkley

Giroud

Team i'd go for. Rest Tammy for the weekend but keep most of the attack the same, try to build a bit of chemistry between the players. No point rushing Kante, Willian or Rudiger back for a glorified friendly either.

Kepa

Zappa  Zouma  Christensen  Alonso

Kovacic  Jorginho

Pedro   Barkley  Pulisic 

Giroud

I'd go with something like that, I think following a result like the United one you've got to rotate a few positions to see if anyone can steak a claim for a place early on. 

Ideally I wouldn't be starting Zouma but doubt Rudiger is fit enough to be starting a game and I think starting Tomori would be like throwing him to the lions with Liverpool's attack. 

We'll need Tammys workrate tonight so i believe he should start. Giroud is extremely unsuitable too Lampards pressing game and i believe Frank will go for Abraham again.

I do think Tomori should be playing alongside Christensen though. Zouma won't be able to handle Liverpools press and Tomori might. So even though its a risk i think its one we need to take.

Frank also more or less confirmed Mount will start again in yesterdays press conference so he'll start.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Tomori might not be the worst choice, seem to remember Kalas getting the nod against Liverpool and having Suarez in his back pocket all game.

What was this pocket made of? That little rat should have been able to chew his way out.