coco

Chelsea vs Leicester (PL) Sun 18th Aug 16:30 GMT

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

Could have easily lost this match. So poor. A bit worrying. 

I don't think so, we were excellent in the first half, but looked a tired team in the 2nd which is understandable considering we played sunday/Wednesday, 120 minutes plus travel. Liverpool were the same yesterday. 

It’s a wonder we managed to hang on for a point, after that second half display.  Willian was embarrassing, I get he may not be match fit but he wasn’t even trying.  Pedro’s decision making in the final third is horrible.  

Started the game so promising too.  Just need to be more clinical.

awful 60 minutes. 

Far too open on the counter again.

Kovacic and willian were awful. 

Azpilicueta cant cross.

Mount, Emerson, zouma, and Christiansen all had decent games.

Disappointing, hopefully it was just fatigue, although we have a recent poor record in this fixture. Need tl start winning games though.

Negatives: Kante, hold up play, passing, control, result, Azpilicueta.
Positives: Zouma, Mount, result after seeing 90 mins, we are extremely young side.

Just now, Jezq8 said:

A part from 20mins we looked awful. We should consider ourselves lucky not to lose that ffs. 

Think we will be lucky to finish in the top 6

No chance of top 4 that’s for sure, we are light years behind those teams despite what a few on here say.

Looked Leicester’s level today and maybe worse.

Kepa - 6/10

Azpi - 3/10

Zouma - 7/10

Christensen - 6/10

Emerson -7/10

Jorginho- 6/10

Kante - 5/10

Mount - 6/10 

Pedro- 6/10 

Giroud- 6/10

Pulisic - 5/10 

Kovatic - 6/10

Abraham - 4/10

Willian- 2/10

A draw isn’t the worst result in the world, Leicester is a quality team.

Clearly the performance wasn’t good enough but Lampard is learning on the job. I hope he does something to make us more stable in defence, Leicester cut us open far too many times.

Also hopefully he won’t leave the changes too late next time. Evidently the game midweek against Liverpool didn’t help, we looked knackered!

Dont get me started on Willian.

Woeful performance again. The energy and intensity of the youngster is great for the 20-25 mins it lasts, but then they just disappear. Lucky to get away with a draw

Dave's decline continues. He has become Azpivanovic. 

What we already knew. A long hard season, possibly the toughest in the Roman era.

A really poor performance, we were lucky to get away with a draw. Apart from the first 15 minutes, it was an rubbish game to watch from our point of view. I know we had a game mid week, but it's the beginning of the season, if the players can't cope now, how will they cope with the Champions League and Christmas period? 

Willian is beyond awful. The guy who should have the most energy on the pitch does the least running after handing possession over on several occasions. Should have been Barkley on at that point... Or given how we were getting dominated down the middle, just straight up pulisic for Kovacic.

Kepa - 6/10

Azpi - 5/10

Zouma - 6.5/10

Christensen - 6.5/10

Emerson -7/10

Jorginho- 5/10

Kante - 6/10: saw a lot of people not liking his performance today, but I can't imagine how today would have went without him... plenty of interceptions, heavily pressing all the time and contributions in the game.

Mount - 7/10: got some good opportunities, and took his goal well which also showed fight to win the ball in the first place

Pedro- 6/10 

Giroud- 7/10: thought his link up play was very good

Pulisic - 5/10 

Kovacic - 5/10

Abraham - 5/10 

Willian- 4/10 (feels bad because of his limited time - and feels a bit of a scapegoat pick, obviously not responsible for it, but his individual performance was by far the worst: just filled with mistakes and saw nothing positive)

First 20mins good. The rest very poor. On a day where Zouma is pinging passes and dribbling into midfield is also the day where our midfield is tore through so easily. 

Pulisic was a bit leggy after the first 20min, Kante as well tried to be his usual self but even he's just human and should have sit deep and cut out the through balls. Pedro is all guts and poor decisionmaking. Azpi is dropping off a cliff.

Frank needs to rethink his tactics specifically corners and take a page from Jose's book in locking a game down.

Special mention to Willian though, despite coming on for little minutes managed to infuriate me the most. Losing the ball then immediately throwing his hands up in the air? What kind attitude is that from our supposed #10?

I'm a huge fan of Dave but his days are spent. He's looked avg the last few seasons and was on his heels for Leicesters equalizer. He can't cross, he struggles under pressure, and his decision making is questionable. Willian... wow, I know it's his first competitive game back but... wow - we should have sold him years ago. 

Mount was the shining light from today's game - really excited to see his development. Need to remember that we played 120mins against Liverpool and it showed in the second half plus we're still missing a few key players.

Just now, Old Shaggy said:

Think I'll give our matches a miss until we sort our sh*t out. I'm not in it to watch us get our asses handed to us every match

You're not exactly much of a fan are you? Didn't you also say you weren't going to watch the Europa League final? If you're only going to watch us when we are good and not stick by the team when we are going through a difficult patch, then maybe you should just stop following the club. We don't need so called fans like you.

Lucky to get a point there but we’re up and running folks. Definitely looked a bit leggy so maybe midweek had something to do with that. That’s 3 big matches in 8 days.

some poor performances but well done Zouma. We’ve a lot of players to come back so things will get better. Leicester are an alright team.

4 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

A draw isn’t the worst result in the world, Leicester is a quality team.

Clearly the performance wasn’t good enough but Lampard is learning on the job. I hope he does something to make us more stable in defence, Leicester cut us open far too many times.

Also hopefully he won’t leave the changes too late next time. Evidently the game midweek against Liverpool didn’t help, we looked knackered!

Dont get me started on Willian.

Sorry but they ain’t.

They are a decent top half EPL side but that’s about it. They just sold their best player too.

We were at home and have lost 2 games on the bounce, we should have been far far better than that but for 60 minutes were bullied all over the park

I was more encouraged after the 4-0 than I was by today's performance. 60 mins at home of releagation level football.

Pulisic's performance was especially disappointing.

Great opening 20 from Mount, but he faded badly,  but good signs none of the less.

Fine game by Zouma, especially after last weeks mare. Our man of the match for me.

Thought defense were good but the team didn’t defend well. Would help if Azpillacueta could cross the ball, it’s not good when you’re shouting at him to pass to Kante to cross it. Mount was good and Pedro was lively, the rest looked surprisingly tired and not at it today at all.

We looked tired in that 2nd half, which is not surprising given we played 120 mins on Wednesday night. A point against a team that can challenge top 6 is not a terrible result. We'll get our first league win next week. 

Kanté as well as he played against Liverpool looked a bit tired today, same with Jorginho. Willian did absolutely f**k all.