Chelsea vs Leicester (PL) Sun 18th Aug 16:30 GMT

Come on folks we're all Chelsea here. yes it's gonna be a difficult season because, with a few exceptions, we've got the same squad as last year. We were awful to watch last season under Sarri, and many on here were berating the same players that we saw today. (Williams corners are still p*ss poor) Somehow we managed to scrape 3rd, win the EL and make the CL, which tbh is gonna be too early for this team I think. We also had a certain Mr Hazard who more or less got us that success in his own. We need to get behind Frank and give him time or come mid season Roman will be scouting the Dutch 22nd division for another here today, gone tomorrow gaffer.KTBFFH.

8 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I think we all need to remember that this is nowhere near our complete team/squad.  We will get better as the season progresses.  It takes time to implement new ideas, especially with the young guys playing.  Add to the the injection of Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, James, and Rüdiger, and I think we will be quite pleased with our performances as we go.  Top 4 is still very much achievable.

Nah.

Top 4 is a pipe dream and it’s not about being negative it’s about being realistic. We have a young squad and a transfer ban, we can’t compete with those teams.

We are 4 points behind the pace already after 2 games with 1 being at home. It’s going to be a tough season and it was always going to be that way.

Boggles my mind how we can so quickly go from a possesion based team to a second half performance like that where we can't keep control of a football. Forty five minutes where we did the grand sum of exactly nothing.

I'm 100% fine not winning anything this season if players like Mount, RLC, Tammy, Pulisic and CHO improve as players but the way we surrendered in that second half was pretty awful.

I still think we might make 4th I said 3rd last season and we made it though not because we were great it was more because other teams imploded.

Wouldn't be surprised if Leicester reach fifth.

We need to takke into account we played a cup final mid week and going through extra time against the 'best' team in Europe.

Defensively all over the place second half. Zouma and christianson were getting pulled out of position because fullbacks not there. Still early season and think most injured players will get starts. 

Off the field, can’t believe fans booed at full time. I sit MHU it seemed all parts of the ground. Most wanted Frank, young players playing and with the ban we knew it would be difficult. Give it time!

3 minutes ago, Richard P said:

Off the field, can’t believe fans booed at full time. I sit MHU it seemed all parts of the ground. Most wanted Frank, young players playing and with the ban we knew it would be difficult. Give it time!

Not surprised at all, considering the team were booed when we were 3rd last season.

3 minutes ago, Richard P said:

Defensively all over the place second half. Zouma and christianson were getting pulled out of position because fullbacks not there. Still early season and think most injured players will get starts. 

I hope that does not continue, some on here said last season our fans were like spoilt brats at times. They didn't want Sarri and with our transfer ban and extra time in Europe this was always likely to be a tough one. 

They booed their own player and manager last season do you actually think if results don't improve Lamp or the players will be any different.

What will happen is they will choose the next scapegoat and I think it will be Willian, Zouma, Azpi or Pedro to boo.
42 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Anyway I'm going to stay positive. We were a tired team today after midweek, so that explains some of the subpar performances.

Next 2 games are Norwich and Sheff utd so things will look a lot better when we get 6 points from these games. Plus 3 of our best players still injured that will come back. 

Brave words off the back of a Teemu Pukki hattrick

14 minutes ago, Richard P said:

I was in the bog at the time so didn’t hear that but that’s shameful. 

Positives;

Mount only needs 210 more goals to catch Frank. 

Zouma looks a million miles from poor pre-season/Man Utd Zouma. 

Kepa managed not to do an Adrian. 

The waiting time in the VWR might come down!

Tough game, definitely the worst of the 3 we’ve seen so far  - I am hoping that it was the ET that killed us. If we were tired, we probably should have shut up shop and tried to kill it at 1-0. 

Far to say most of the team were poor after 30 minutes. 9 of the 11 who started in Istanbul started so it may explain it but I’m worried it might be more than that. 

Willian was awful but it was first game so might be rusty. It sums up the squad though doesn’t it - sending on a half fit William to get us a goal. 

Going to be a long season but we’re playing well in patches. Just need to be more consistent. 

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Nah.

Top 4 is a pipe dream and it’s not about being negative it’s about being realistic. We have a young squad and a transfer ban, we can’t compete with those teams.

We are 4 points behind the pace already after 2 games with 1 being at home. It’s going to be a tough season and it was always going to be that way.

Funny that you talk about being realistic but in the same breath you’re writing off our top 4 chances after 2 games.

Top 4 is still absolutely within the realm.  We were never going to rattle off a long unbeaten run to start this season, like we did last year.

7 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Funny that you talk about being realistic but in the same breath you’re writing off our top 4 chances after 2 games.

Top 4 is still absolutely within the realm.  We were never going to rattle off a long unbeaten run to start this season, like we did last year.

But if not for “bad luck” we’d already be 3 games unbeaten! That’s how I read the forum the last week anyway. Apparently good sides play well and lose consistently. At least we didn’t add to that weird logic today. 

My impression is that we got a whole bunch of chances,  mostly didn't capitalise,  sat back and concededone off a set piece. 

Not too surprised - the Super League exertions would have worn the players down and we would have been fodder for counters (just like the last fixture at SB). 

The aerial presence of Cahill/Terry could have been useful, but no point harking back to the past. 

At least we're off the mark, with players seemingly learning and improving all the time. Zouma was impressive. 

Azpi needs to be rotated, with a view for pensioning him off. 

Edited by DaRick
3 minutes ago, DaRick said:

My impression is that we got a whole bunch of chances,  mostly didn't capitalise,  sat back and concededone off a set piece. 

Where did you get that impression from? We were very good for 20 minutes, had chances and scored just one. The rest of the match was for Leicester, who did not set the world on fire but were the better team.

13 minutes ago, RMH said:

I did not hear the Bridge booing our players, but the Bridge stopped rocking after 20 minutes or so. Are we becoming the new Arsenal?

Yeah. First 20 minutes the noise was immense. Then it just went quiet.

As for the players I would single out Dave as a point of concern. He’s lost a bit of his pace and was very ordinary today.

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I find it amazing that people slaughter Azpilicueta and praise Pedro in the same breath. He runs about like a headless chicken a lot of the time and his decision making is horrendous at times. He has quick feet and is nifty going past players at times but I feel like people overlook all his short comings, he gave the ball away in a similar position to the one against United, but only this time Christensen saved him with his 

Saying that I'm slauthering Azpilicuetta when I said he defended well but cant cross the ball is just as amazing as saying I'm praising Pedro by saying he was 'lively' but was at least partly responsible for how badly we defended as a team.

2 minutes ago, DP2 said:

Saying that I'm slauthering Azpilicuetta when I said he defended well but cant cross the ball is just as amazing as saying I'm praising Pedro by saying he was 'lively' but was at least partly responsible for how badly we defended as a team.

I suggest you re-read your post. You didn’t say that he defended well at all. ‘You said the team didn’t defend well. It would help if Azpilicueta could cross a ball’ - he put the best cross of the game for us in on to Masons head, which he nodded in to Schmeichels arms?

You singled out Mason & Pedro and said the rest looked tired and not at it, which clearly shows you felt Pedro was at it - thus, praise.