coco

Chelsea vs Leicester (PL) Sun 18th Aug 16:30 GMT

I think this game will probably tell us a lot more about our team than the previous 2 games, majority of teams will most likely defend deep against us and look to hit us on the counter and Vardy is arguably the best forward in the league for leading a counter attack and finding space in between the lines. I think the key defensively would be the communication between Kova & Kante & how they manage Vardy as I dont think Jorginho has the pace to cover those runs.

I would make a slight change to the team that faced Liverpool and bring in Zappa in the place of Dave & Willian for Pedro.

I think we will win the game comfortably, keep Tammy up top and play a 4-3-3 with Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic. 

Play Mount and Pulisic either side of Tammy. Tomori at CB if possible, and for me Reece James can't come back sooner, Azpi has been pretty average for a while now.

Its hard to not get carried away with the emotion of the day but here goes.

They've lost McGuire and will be soft at the back. We will pass them off the park with our forward interplay and Tammy will score his first goal.

The atmosphere will be such that the players will feel compelled to run further and faster than they have ever done before and a few of them will even develop mind reading powers and be able anticipate forward passes into scoring positions inside the box. Frank will make 2 substitutions in the second half and both players score within ten minutes of entering the field of play. The crowd will sing "Super Frank" the entire game and demand he dons a kit and comes on for the last 10 minutes.

I hope our home support steps up to the plate this season, after the depressing clouds that hung over the bridge for last season and Contes final season, Frank has without doubt bought the feel good factor back. So sing up Chelsea tomorrow and rest of season. See you at the  bridge tomorrow. UTC

We need to pick a win. I would go with the same team that played Liverpool.

kepa 

azbi christensen zuma Emerson 

kante jorginho kova 

pedro giroud pulisic 

subs caba, rudi, willian, Abraham, Barkley, mount, Alonso 

I suspect that we will take the same sort of the game plan as what we saw at United - high press. Maybe slightly tweaked to avoid the counter which we will need to be very careful of with Vardy on the pitch. 

I don’t like Leicester, Rodgers or Vardy so I’m hoping we stuff them!

Interesting to see who starts. Giroud leads the line for me after his goal but I wouldn't be surprised to see Frank give Tammy a go to  rebuild his confidence.  

Big game this. We need to get all three points here. Emotions will be high for Frank. I am expecting a lively bunch at the Bridge. Will be really disappointing if not. We have lost two matches already and yet, I love this squad's desire thus far.

I think we can get the result here and I will go 4-2 to the Chels. Abraham, Pulisic, Mount and Kante for us.

Here is what I would like to see in a 4-3-3, and we just may:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Kepa - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - Dave - Christensen - Zouma - Emerson - -

- - - - Kante - - - Jorginho - - - Kovacic - - - -

- - - - Pulisic - - - Abraham - - - Mount - - - -

Come on you Chelsea!!

Looking forward to being back in the Bridge. Will be a great atmosphere with Sir Frank's first home game in charge. Will meet up with the guys I go to the games with for a few pints before hand an no doubt a couple afterwards as well.

KTBFFH

Play like we did against the dippers and we will win comfortably.  Give Tammy time he will be fine. Let's get right behind the lads. Best gear on , Paul Weller on my I pod on the way there on the train. Meet my Chelsea family in Starbucks take my seat in the west lower and sing my heart out. 3-0 win . Happy days.

Matthew Hardings blue and white army.

Come on the Chels.

On 11/08/2019 at 20:56, Brutos said:

Brenda will do the same as Oli and expose Lamps inexperienced as well.

On 13/08/2019 at 00:01, Brutos said:

Vardy must be licking his lips at the space between our lines

Can you imagine being this angry and negative about the team you supposedly support on the eve on the second league game of the season? 

Especially when the team is being managed by arguably our all time greatest player and we’re seeing the biggest influx of youth in the team during the Premier League era.

If you can’t bring yourself to feel positive and optimistic about the team this early in the season then I’d suggest not watching Chelsea at all because who needs that level of negativity in their life? 

Kepa

Dave - Christensen - Zouma - Emerson

Jorginho - Kante

Pedro - Barkley - Pulisic

Abraham

3-0 Chelsea, hopefully Tammy gets on the score sheet today because no doubt a goal from him will get a great reception from the home crowd and will be the confidence boost he no doubt could do with following midweek.

Reception for Lampard is going to be great, the Shed End has a couple of special banners lined up to welcome Frank home.

KTBFFH.

Part of me wants to see the same team that played the super cup, but that midfield struggled in games like this last season, where we generally struggled to create opportunities. 

Maybe its worth giving them another chance to see if they function better under lampards tactics, but i would be tempted to go with Barkley or Mount in for Kovacic. 

1st real selection headache for Lamps, hopefully the players keep performing and making it difficult for him. 

Really confident of the win today. 2 nil. Barkley, and Abraham.

15 minutes ago, big blue said:

Part of me wants to see the same team that played the super cup, but that midfield struggled in games like this last season, where we generally struggled to create opportunities. 

Maybe its worth giving them another chance to see if they function better under lampards tactics, but i would be tempted to go with Barkley or Mount in for Kovacic. 

1st real selection headache for Lamps, hopefully the players keep performing and making it difficult for him. 

Really confident of the win today. 2 nil. Barkley, and Abraham.

I was a little surprised he went for Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho in midfield with Mount out wide, yet it certainly grew on me.