Welcome to Chelsea Ben Chilwell

Jezz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Agree! And I hope we are not holding back on signing a LB because he rates him.

I reckon we will see him getting more exposed now Ndidi is out injured.

Ndidi has been a big loss for Leicester. Choudhury is a decent player but currently not in the same class. Their form has really dipped since Ndidi got injured.

I think Chilwell has a ton of potential, but I've said from the start we should go after Grimaldo or Gaya instead, or Telles. Telles is the best of the 4 right now but obviously he's much older than the rest - but he's probably available this month. I think we could roll with Telles starting and Emerson as back up for the next few years. Chilwell may well end up being a great player, but he comes with a huge opportunity cost. I can't see us signing Chilwell and also forking out a huge amount for Sancho or another pricey winger/attacker.

Just now, jack_super_class said:

Because he's sh*te, As sh*t at defending as Alonso, quicker than Alonso, but scores and provides less than Alonso. Watch us spend 60m on him.. Makes sense.!

To be honest, I'd much rather Frank just put Alonso back in the team. Our results tend to be pretty good when he plays ... despite his weaknesses ...

I'd sell Emerson. keep Alonso, and buy Telles as the Emerson replacement ...

9 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

To be honest, I'd much rather Frank just put Alonso back in the team. Our results tend to be pretty good when he plays ... despite his weaknesses ...

I'd sell Emerson. keep Alonso, and buy Telles as the Emerson replacement ...

Id just keep what we have until we find a proper leftback. But it wont be easy as City, Utd are looking for left backs too.

30 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Id just keep what we have until we find a proper leftback. But it wont be easy as City, Utd are looking for left backs too.

That is why we need to get the jump on them in the Jan market, there are options in the market. Grimaldo, Telles, Jamal Lewis, Robin Gosens, Max Clark, Tagliafico are all available 

On 13/01/2020 at 15:09, mwblue10 said:

I think Chilwell has a ton of potential, but I've said from the start we should go after Grimaldo or Gaya instead, or Telles. Telles is the best of the 4 right now but obviously he's much older than the rest - but he's probably available this month. I think we could roll with Telles starting and Emerson as back up for the next few years. Chilwell may well end up being a great player, but he comes with a huge opportunity cost. I can't see us signing Chilwell and also forking out a huge amount for Sancho or another pricey winger/attacker.

I'm very wary of Telles but it's getting to the point I'll take him so I can have peace of mind about Chilwell, I don't think I've not wanted a signing to happen so much since we were linked with a well finished Rooney.

Don't want Emerson staying either, even as back up, would genuinely prefer Alonso for that role.

3 hours ago, ducavis said:

That is why we need to get the jump on them in the Jan market, there are options in the market. Grimaldo, Telles, Jamal Lewis, Robin Gosens, Max Clark, Tagliafico are all available 

Grimaldo will be the dream, genuinely believe he will be the best left back in the world in the not too distant future if he isn't already.

Unfortunately he has Barca written all over him.

10 minutes ago, Argo said:

Grimaldo will be the dream, genuinely believe he will be the best left back in the world in the not too distant future if he isn't already.

That is why we have to pull our fingers out now. Not sure Barca will be getting rid of Alba just yet especially with a new manager, and they have Firpo has backup.

City on the other hand will definitely be buying a new LB.

54 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Of course this could be because something is happening. 

Or he could be injured or just rested.

Either way even if we signed a prime Ashley Cole our issues run far deeper than our left back problems.

Plonk VVD in to our side and our problems still exist. Our rebuilding will take a few windows imo and RLC getting fit and staying fit.

15 hours ago, Argo said:

This is what worries me though, if the club had its finger on the pulses, we wouldve activated grimaldo's buy out clauses of €60m on january 1st. Even if telles was the option we wanted then he also has a buy clause of €40m. 

Either couldve been here for 2 weeks and be in the process of adapting. 

Maybe we are waiting to sell one of alonso or emerson 1st, but i think a club of our side should be getting the players we need, then moving on the deadwood. If Alonso and Emerson saw a big money left back come in, maybe they would be more inclined to look for a new club? 

I dont think either are seen as options though, and we are happy to wait for chilwell in the summer. I like chilwell, but he isnt even worth half of what leicester will want. 

16 hours ago, Argo said:

Waaaay too short. We're struggling with crosses and set pieces enough without hiring a sub 170cm left back.

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Waaaay too short. We're struggling with crosses and set pieces enough without hiring a sub 170cm left back.

Meh if that's all we care about we may aswell just keep Alonso.

I want us to become an excellent technical team and if thats a price we have to pay so be it, we can try the prevention over cure of limiting the amount we concede in the first place.