Jezz

Ben Chilwell

7 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I know they’ve both slotted in there in the past, but I don’t want Zouma or Rüdiger anywhere near our RB spot.

Even if it means seeing Zouma’s famous stepovers?

Would love to sign him, can do anything Emerson can do and can defend as well.

Edited by 2211

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Overrated domestic player. We need a world class left back, or just a decent replacement for Alonso.

We already have Emerson who is world class imo. And if he's injured, can move Azpi there like last night and have RJ at RB which i think works well

On 06/11/2019 at 16:13, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

We already have Emerson who is world class imo. And if he's injured, can move Azpi there like last night and have RJ at RB which i think works well

3 guys for 2 spots is not what we want to do, one injury and we’d be in terrible trouble.

On 06/11/2019 at 23:13, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

Best imo would be to buy a backup left back but Chilwell's pricetag isn't for a backup...And I think Emerson is better anyway so for the big money we should look to get a player that is obviously better than Emerson at least.

10 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Best imo would be to buy a backup left back but Chilwell's pricetag isn't for a backup...And I think Emerson is better anyway so for the big money we should look to get a player that is obviously better than Emerson at least.

Yeah thats a good shout. We could even bring up a good academy prospect as a LB if we do have one thats of a similar standard to RJ at RB at least, but im not sure if we do atm.

11 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

3 guys for 2 spots is not what we want to do, one injury and we’d be in terrible trouble.

We could always promote an academy player, or guy someone versatile like Ake who can play in many positions.

But buying another player for that position almost seems pointless as for the majority of the season they are barely going to even play a game, and a lot of them won't be happy benchwarming

2 hours ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

We could always promote an academy player, or guy someone versatile like Ake who can play in many positions.

But buying another player for that position almost seems pointless as for the majority of the season they are barely going to even play a game, and a lot of them won't be happy benchwarming

I think we all agree that Frank would promote an academy player, but I think some have gone overboard with that model.  We will still need to utilize the transfer market to add to the team, and I think this is one of those times.

3 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I think we all agree that Frank would promote an academy player, but I think some have gone overboard with that model.  We will still need to utilize the transfer market to add to the team, and I think this is one of those times.

I can understand your point, but we have Emerson and Azpi (who's shown he actually plays better as LB than RB after that Ajax game)

and thats if we even end up selling Alonso, so whats the need to go and buy a another LB when it'll probably be more beneficial to us to promote a youth player who can get some minutes here and there?

2 hours ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

I can understand your point, but we have Emerson and Azpi (who's shown he actually plays better as LB than RB after that Ajax game)

and thats if we even end up selling Alonso, so whats the need to go and buy a another LB when it'll probably be more beneficial to us to promote a youth player who can get some minutes here and there?

The need is due to the fact that Emerson is often injured and Azpilicueta has been on a steady decline over the past year+, even if he looks better on the left, he’s over 30 years old and his legs have already started to go.

33 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

The need is due to the fact that Emerson is often injured and Azpilicueta has been on a steady decline over the past year+, even if he looks better on the left, he’s over 30 years old and his legs have already started to go.

Yeah fair point in that regard then, but not sure Chilwell is the man for the job. Im happy to have Emerson as the 1st choice as he's proving to be great, and signing Chilwell for that sort of fee will only end up benching him, and he'll most likely end up leaving for Juventus

4 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Surely if our transfer banned gets overturned we will utilise the Ake buy back clause. Another good option at CB who also provides cover at LB.

But is it worth paying that much for someone who im fairly sure won't start most games?

20 minutes ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

But is it worth paying that much for someone who im fairly sure won't start most games?

I don’t think it’s worth it.  Ake is no better than Zouma, Rüdiger, or Christensen, and Tomori has a lot of promise so I wouldn’t want Ake playing over him.

55 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I don’t think it’s worth it.  Ake is no better than Zouma, Rüdiger, or Christensen, and Tomori has a lot of promise so I wouldn’t want Ake playing over him.

My point exactly. If it was a CB that automatically would be our 1st choice, then thats fair enough. But buying a defender who is no better than what we currently have is pointless.

Though I think the best thing that Ake brings is his versatility in being able to play in several different positions, which I think can definitely prove useful. But even if we do sign Ake, we will need to offload a CB to accommodate him

56 minutes ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

My point exactly. If it was a CB that automatically would be our 1st choice, then thats fair enough. But buying a defender who is no better than what we currently have is pointless.

Though I think the best thing that Ake brings is his versatility in being able to play in several different positions, which I think can definitely prove useful. But even if we do sign Ake, we will need to offload a CB to accommodate him

Speaking of PL CBs and the Leicester City defense, if we are going to target someone that falls in those categories, Soyuncu has been outstanding this season.

Not sure about ake, 

Obviously its appealing because of his price, and history, but is he a centre back that is going to really come in a make the difference? 

I’d happily have Ake replace Christensen, sadly Christensen hasn’t grown as we thought he would. Showed so much promise under Sarri, and then he went back to his old self.

I think it says a lot when Zouma and Tomori is preferred to Christensen at beginning of the season.

Rudiger is becoming injury prone, so I think Ake would make an adequate back up to our CB pairing.

17 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Speaking of PL CBs and the Leicester City defense, if we are going to target someone that falls in those categories, Soyuncu has been outstanding this season.

Definitely has, but so has Jonny Evans.... Im not sure whether they just suit that Leicester system or if they genuinely are just really good.

Can even make the argument for Maguire who was brilliant at Leicester, and well not that impressive for Utd