Jezz

Ben Chilwell

5 hours ago, big blue said:

He is playing fantastically well, it has to be said. 

Just not sure on the price. £70m+ is outrageous. 

For me, the price tag for Chilwell isn’t the bothersome part.  What gets me about our linkage with him, is there are a handful of LBs out there that are just as good who could be had for a cheaper price.  Grimaldo, Gaya, Telles to name a few.

8 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

For me, the price tag for Chilwell isn’t the bothersome part.  What gets me about our linkage with him, is there are a handful of LBs out there that are just as good who could be had for a cheaper price.  Grimaldo, Gaya, Telles to name a few.

Hmm, two of those haven't played in a top league and the other I can't see any evidence on them being a top player. 

Could be as good, maybe. Definitely as good, no chancs. Chilwell has played in the premier league and been consistently excellent and is young. Why on Earth are some Chelsea fans so determined to scrimp about £20m to pick up a riskier signing. Madness. Get the best.

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

I hope we avoid this one personally, he's not just overpriced I actually think Emerson is the better LB, it's just that Emerson is made of glass. 

I agree. People are buying the English hype atm because the next crop of golden generation is starting to emerge. 

I wasn't a big fan and still need more sample size before converting but he's been highly impressive ever since that 9-0 match, he's got a lot more aggressive in his forward play.

Alonso and Emerson are both quality LBs but are both prone to inconsistency whereas Chilwell seems to be giving solid performances week in week out.

Is Chilwell approaching "world class" status?

Edited by the special one

1 hour ago, the special one said:

Alonso and Emerson are both quality LBs but are both prone to inconsistency whereas Chilwell seems to be giving solid performances week in week out.

Is Chilwell approaching "world class" status?

No. He hasn't even perform in a final or against a big team on form yet.