Norwich vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Aug 12:30 GMT

That was great to watch. Again I was very impressed by Mount, he has been our best player so far this season, and Abraham will have shut a few of his critics up with those two fine finishes. Obviously the defence is suspect but we’re doing a lot of things right, and when Rüdiger and Kante are back fit the defence will surely be a lot stronger.

I’m enjoying the football Frank has us playing and the youngsters are coming along well. That’s all I need to see at this stage.

Much better second half from the defence, I though they were much more aggressive in going to win the ball. Zouma & Christensen stepping up to win the ball and not let Pukki take it in without pressure. They need to keep that up and not drop. 

We looked good going forward, we still need to be a bit more clinical. Pulisic in particular had a few great chances and needs to be doing better with them.

Less said about Barkley the better for me, I imagine he’ll be moved on when the ban is lifted and RLC is fit, he’s behind him and now even Mount in the pecking order for me.

Good game from Azpilicueta today despite all the stick he gets (unjustly) lately.

3 points is the most important thing today and it’s brilliant that we’ve managed to get off the mark! 

Very much deserved win, middle finger up to those reckon we'd lost the game. It should not have been a close game, but at this early stage, just so happy to get the first one out of the way. The kids were great, can't believe it's only Mount's first game, he's like a seasoned pro out there, on top of goal he's the good corner taker we have been crying out for. Abraham did the striker job, probably could have stayed on to get that hat trick. Pullisc did a decent job, not expecting a Hazard comparison this year. Defence was a mess, reckon today it's more Christensen that Zouma, he made the awful decision to push up for the second goal, and let Zouma and keeper with no chance. At this level, can't afford simple goals like that, has to block the attacker's path to goal. I reckon after the break when Rudiger, Kante, RLC etc come back, we will be in good shape. Lampard didn't have much luck so far, today was a day for Pedro with that much open space, he'd get behind them , get 4-5 shots in and score a goal or 2.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysRight said:

Look at that smile from Tammy in his interview where he got MOTM, that's the sort of player who makes you proud - wants to play for us because he's a Chelsea fan as well as a player, he was over the moon with what he's achieved getting his first Chelsea goals. 

You could hear the emotion in his voice too. That’s what this club needs. 

Just now, Liam said:

I'm a happy bunny. Obviously there are issues but the positives far outweigh the negatives. 

Frank will need to be given time, but if he is, I'd say he could build a team of which we could all be really, properly proud. 

It's not unfeasible that we could soon have a great team almost entirely as products of the academy ... and predominantly English as well ... (and with Ampadu and Gilmour in there for Wales and Scotland)

Maybe it’s just me but I thought Pulisic was terrible, seemed to break down attack’s more often than making stuff happen. Still early days though, he probably need a year or two before establishing himself as a top player.

Apart from that I thought the whole team was decent, did well to keep on fire Pukki out for so long, and limited them to half chances. Our defence is still rubbish though, but Rudi and Kante coming back so it’ll be ok.

First win for Lampard!!! Happy days, it was crucial we get the win today otherwise Lampard would start feeling abit stressed.

Heres to many more wins!

4 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Maybe it’s just me but I thought Pulisic was terrible, seemed to break down attack’s more often than making stuff happen. Still early days though, he probably need a year or two before establishing himself as a top player.

Apart from that I thought the whole team was decent, did well to keep on fire Pukki out for so long, and limited them to half chances. Our defence is still rubbish though, but Rudi and Kante coming back so it’ll be ok.

First win for Lampard!!! Happy days, it was crucial we get the win today otherwise Lampard would start feeling abit stressed.

Heres to many more wins!

Nothing much came off for him today, but he got into some great positions, and had an assist for the Mount goal. He can build off that ...

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Peter Walton getting absolutely rinsed on BT Sport about VAR because he’s talking absolute mince. You love to see it.

It’s hilarious watching him struggle to explain it all away. 

‘So you can kick players in the box now?’

’No you can’t’

So it’s a f**king penalty!

Deserved to win that.

Created more chances and were on the wrong end of some dodgy refereeing. 

Mount, as ever, remains a threat with his runs into the box, while I was pleased with our counter-attacking for the third goal. Very cool finish from Tammy there. Also anticipated the cross (from Azpi?) for the first goal brilliantly. 

Kovacic played a nice longer pass for the third goal, as well - hope to see more of that from him. 

Glad that we got this win to get some of the media pressure off Frank's back. 

Good night for me so far. 😁

Edited by DaRick