coco

Norwich vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 24th Aug 12:30 GMT

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Maybe it’s just me but I thought Pulisic was terrible, seemed to break down attack’s more often than making stuff happen. Still early days though, he probably need a year or two before establishing himself as a top player.

I  thought he was poor last week and just as poor today. As you say, it's early days for him, so i'm not concerned about his play at the mo.

Edited by Dixons

"There is a campaign against Chelsea. I don't know why there is this campaign and I do not care.” -Jose Mourinho December 2014

Nearly 5 years later and it’s still going strong :laugh2:

27 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

He means the 1st goal ... it's the pass that gets the ball to Pulisic in the first place ...

my bad - I was thinking of this goal

jlc.gif

26 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

"There is a campaign against Chelsea. I don't know why there is this campaign and I do not care.” -Jose Mourinho December 2014

Nearly 5 years later and it’s still going strong :laugh2:

True

btw why wasn't this player given a yellow on this play?

ECvtkHfX4AYVAjC?format=jpg&name=small

Kovacic was about to run into space & Marco Stiepermann pulled Kovacic back. Even the commentator (Efan Ekoku) was tripping on this play because the ref didn't even give Stiepermann a talking to.

Great to see Frank get his 1st 3 points in the prem 

tough match, early KO, worst ref in division  Atsh*tson plus baffling VAR reviews. well it’s here to stay unfortunately and has just replaced the debate about the poor refereeing on the pitch to the poor refereeing off the pitch as well.

Tammy has proven he can do it at this level MnM looking the business. Didn’t fold in the 2nd but boy do we need Rudy back  sooner than later  

Carefree then !

Edited by General

3 hours ago, mojo said:

nmm.gif

jlc.gif

nm38587f6666a9e7ba.gif

bro do you happen to have that dribbling sequence by Ross da Boss in the 2nd half? He dribbled through Norwich's defense at the top of the box, but he didn't pull the trigger. Still it was a lovely bit of skill.

36 minutes ago, robdog said:

bro do you happen to have that dribbling sequence by Ross da Boss in the 2nd half? He dribbled through Norwich's defense at the top of the box, but he didn't pull the trigger. Still it was a lovely bit of skill.

ross.gif

6 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

The FA should see this is a clear issue and encourage some of the retired players to take on officiating, I cringe everytime I see some of these old overweight men trying to keep up with such elite level athletes. 

What old, overweight men are you talking about. Do you think you could keep up with Martin Atkinson? Atleticism isn't the issue, it's decision making. How the clowns on the VAR machines have completely bottled out of decision making beggars belief and just proves that after the initial outcry due to the rash of decisions being made by VAR it has now settled down to a completely pointless instrument as clearly they are now scared to overide the referee. and therefore make no decisions at all.

Only just seen the Norwich coach's interview, complaining about Chelsea wasting time when mount went off injured and making out his team were hard done by to lose...weird. On another day, they would have been stuffed and VAR robbed Chelsea of a penalty, a goal and a blatant red card for one of their players.

18 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Only just seen the Norwich coach's interview, complaining about Chelsea wasting time when mount went off injured and making out his team were hard done by to lose...weird. On another day, they would have been stuffed and VAR robbed Chelsea of a penalty, a goal and a blatant red card for one of their players.

just curious, did he say anything about this play?

I seen red cards given for those types of challenges

5 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Enjoyed watching that one today, though some poor defending late in first half. The second half was much more in control. Happy for Tammy, who would not be? I believe he is a decent guy, plays hard and cares about the club and his teammates. Here’s to you, mate! Great match!

One thing you are beginning to see is how gassed our players are in the final 15-20 minutes. Frank’s style has them running early. Fortunately, today Norwich was perhaps even more tired at the end. Felt Barkley was lead footed late, struggled to move, but there was really no one to substitute. We are going to need more depth as we get into CL and domestic weekday matches.

Considering no Kante or Rudiger today, played fairly well and great to get all three points. 

Love Mount. Hope his knock is not too bad and is back at it next weekend. We need him. Hopefully Pedro is not out for an extended time as well. We need the depth. Just me or does Willian look sloooooooooooooow?

I thought Kovacic had a nice game. There are times he really comes to play.

We need to keep building each week and then the return of CHO and RLC should be tremendous. 

This team is very likable and fun. They just need to continue to grow.

Lastly, these are the kinds of games the past 10 years, especially last 5, we would have 75% possession, 2 shots, 55,000 passes around the box and either 1-0 win or 0-0 draw in a bore fest. We may be giving up some poor goals, at least for now, but it’s fun and you never know quite what’s going to happen 😉

It’s a new era Chelsea mates, let’s enjoy the development into something special.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Great post

Finally a positive result. Attacking play was good! With better training in the finishing department, our attack can rival City and Pool.

Our defence is still developing. Kepa need to be stronger, you can't be leaking goals like the 2nd one. Rudiger needs to come back strong or else we need to prepare to dip in the Jan transfer window for a good CB!

Tammy finally broke his duck and I thought Mount was really good! almost Lampard-esque with his timed runs. Kova played well in this new role, Sarri should've played him like this instead of trying to turn him into Jorginho-lite. 

Pulisic has been average but that's normal for a young lad still adjusting to the Prem. That being said, I think in terms of vision and decisionmaking-wise he's actually better than Pedro and Willian. The quick layoff to Azpi and the assist to Mount wouldn't have happened if Pedro/Willian was there instead of him.

More needs to be said about the officiating. Disgusting when clear fouls like the pull on Kova, kick to Azpi's knees and the stamp on Mount to be dismissed so easily especially when it could lead to goals like with Cantwell's goal and the United game. 

Nice to finally get that first win some impressive performances going forward Tammy & Mount.. also thought Kovacic was superb.. the defence is still very concerning though and needs serious sorting out, hopefully Rudiger can be the man to come in and steady the back line.

Feel Frank could make subs earlier. Norwich ran out of gas before us but I’d have liked to have see Willian and alonso a bit earlier. Still not a fan of playing both mount and Barkley at once. At times we really lacked width. 

All that said a fun game with many obvious positives  felt Kovacic shaded Jorginho today and Dave showed good pace down the right  

the level of opposition and their style suited us  really hope Tammy can go on with it, I’ve been happy with his performances  as others have said Pulisic is not yet hazard  

What a day to be a Chelsea fan. 3 goals, all scored by Academy grads. One of own on the bench getting his first win. 

It's not going to be perfect this season, and we saw that with some rubbish defending at times, but it's going to be fun.

Just to cap it off David Luiz makes an arse of himself and makes two classic Luiz f**kups as they get a smashing. Thanks for the 8 million Arsenal. Good riddance to snakes in the grass.

7 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

And to cap a great day, dear old Crystal Palace, who can't score for sh*t apparently, have just scored at Old Trafford ... 🙂

To make it even better they won it injury time after United equalised in the 88th minute, AND it was van Aanholt, one of ours, who did them in. What a top day.

Good game. Our defense needs work, we knew that before. It will get there.

Mason mount star in the making, what a finish and all round display from the young man.

Tammy Abraham not good enough right? Psh that first finish was a blinder on the volley. 

He was not doing enough though we hear in that first half. Gives the defender twisted blood and wins us the game.

But yeah, not good enough right?

VAR thinks it is ok to kick a player and not give a pen, lol other end that is given to Norwich imo.

Well done lads. Well done Frank. Well done tammy.