The clothing we wore to the football back then.

This picture was only taken 53 years ago, but it feels in a way that it could have been centuries - a view of the crowd during the 1960 FA Cup final between Wolves and Blackburn

A section of the crowd at Wembley for the 1960 FA Cup final between Wolves and Blackburn. Many of the gentlemen look as if they are dressed for cricket at Lord's with their jackets, shirts and ties. This picture was in the Daily Mail.

So the coloured picture I posted,with the men wearing shirts and ties. This might well have been taken at a Cup Final as mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...

Who had a dear stalker ?  Recall Grimsby town away and got on the rattler from donny to cleethorpes with a couple of local lads > Adidas smabas ,louis jumbo cords , black roll neck , grey plain v neck Pringle sweater ,dear stalker with a black press button pop up cheap umbrella .

British Transport Police Get on the train at scunny and walked throu the carriages and stopped at our seats asking this snd that > fat overweight bobby then picks my brolly up off the table and asked ´ why you carrying this since its a boiling hot day with not a rain cloud in slight ´ the CNUTSTABLE then proceeded to twat me with the brolly untill it broke and he tossed it back to us saying ´ you will not be taking this to the game now will you `

its as if the  bobby was more clued up than i gave him credit for .

Up here in the midlands, and us from coventry, definitely followed the West ham/ Chelsea style thing especially between 83-85, Lacoste polos from the costa Brava, well saught after, Lois jeans, Early Nike. or Diadora borg Elites (Gold) a Trendy Cardigan, face scarves, with a tiny club crest attached, though that might of been 87ish
 West ham and their Kappa ski coats, and Chelsea in the Aquascutum or Burberry, always smart, probably had to travel to B'ham to get such rare gear.

4 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Up here in the midlands, and us from coventry, definitely followed the West ham/ Chelsea style thing especially between 83-85, Lacoste polos from the costa Brava, well saught after, Lois jeans, Early Nike. or Diadora borg Elites (Gold) a Trendy Cardigan, face scarves, with a tiny club crest attached, though that might of been 87ish
 West ham and their Kappa ski coats, and Chelsea in the Aquascutum or Burberry, always smart, probably had to travel to B'ham to get such rare gear.

Coventry v chelsea 3-2 think it was new stadium ? Vialli was manager > pre match drink in the rocket pub a d it was rammed with chelsea ,it got quite serious after the game with  Odd stabbings here and there on way back to the rocket pub . 

1 minute ago, ddrblue said:

Coventry v chelsea 3-2 think it was new stadium ? Vialli was manager > pre match drink in the rocket pub a d it was rammed with chelsea ,it got quite serious after the game with  Odd stabbings here and there on way back to the rocket pub . 

Always the Rocket, straight off the train, there used to be an 'Indian Restaurant right by the station, we always caught the stragglers going back on the late train, not always violence normally a chat and some cheery banter, i remember some london fan, cant remember team, cool as f**k, thumbed his lapel, and said, Take you a fackin manth to earn the cost of this coat, lol.....correct

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/09/2020 at 20:27, Ballack & Blu said:

Always the Rocket, straight off the train, there used to be an 'Indian Restaurant right by the station, we always caught the stragglers going back on the late train, not always violence normally a chat and some cheery banter, i remember some london fan, cant remember team, cool as f**k, thumbed his lapel, and said, Take you a fackin manth to earn the cost of this coat, lol.....correct

That coventry v CFC game were on about 3-2 ,i went with a mate who used to play in villa youth in the late 1970s and was from coventry and a coventry fan . He sorted out two complimentry tickets via connections at CCFC and we had a sit down meal thrown in ,in a corporate lounge at highfield Road or was it at the new ground ? Some former coventry city player was the after meal speaker but i cant recall who that was .

after the speaking had finished there was still plenty of time to the kick off so my mate took us for a gander around the corporate area as we opened doors just sticking our heads into various rooms . We open one door and there was the kit/ uniform for the coventry match day mascot back then > a sky blue elephant with massive ears and trunk as its head with the rest of the suit next to it . 

my cov mate suited up and went for a walk about within the corporate area getting and giving  High Fives to all and sundry i was in tears . He tossed the suit back into the room and we sat in our match day seats . My cov mate made it clear that should chelsea score dont jump up and cheer since we mostly likely Get thrown out since chelsea fans should not be in this part of the ground .

the away end was rammed with chelsea and coventry went 2-0 up if my memory is correct ,then chelsea scored and at least 200 cfc fans were up and out of the seats all over our stand > my mate was gob smacked .

after the game we was walking by the directors room and ken Bates walked by as he was walking into said room > i asked Mr. Bates any chance of a photo > he asked if i was chelsea i said for sure as you spoke to me  and other chelsea fans in that pub after the Bolton game and told us there will be many new palyers for the start of the next division 2 winning season > Ken said wait here i be back out in a few mins .

we was stood outside the room when coventry city sercurity tried to move us along and Ken Bates came out in the process and said ‘’ they are with me ‘’ we had a slight chat with Mr. Bates and had photos took and shook hands and went our way . This is one of reasons why i think Ken Bates was top $$$$$ at CFC and his longley farm yoghurts was bang on . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...