Sign in to follow this  
erskblue

The clothing we wore to the football back then.

On 14/09/2019 at 08:09, Ewell CFC said:

At secondary school September 79 there were a good few wearing black Farahs, College or Kingsway shoes with the metal bar across the instep, black Slazenger jumpers- one kid had a Pringle.

Summer 82 went to Greg Edwards at the Lyceum for the first time- the word casual hadn’t been invented, but it was a sea of diamond Pringles- black and white lads.

That was fashion central with loads of football lads. I never saw it kick off there but it was very tribal. Didn’t help when Greg Edwards used to go “let’s hear you North London, East London, West London, South London” so you worked out who was who- The biggest cheer was always South London.

Good points about the mid 80s transition. Camper shoes, Pods, Chevignon- had a wicked white, green and black Chipie jumper in 87 which was a ton back then.

Ps Any old Soul Boys out there next Saturday it’s Soul Affair at the Burlington Arms Mayfair- 3PM- 10PM- pay at the door. All the old crowd ( you’ve seen younger Cliff Richard audiences)

All that’s missing is an XR3 parked outside with Wayne and Tracey written across the windscreen and a JFM sticker.

That's a good day/night out Soul Affair at the Burlington, went two or three times with some of my Chelsea mates a few years back. If you're a regular you would probably recognise them.

On 14/09/2019 at 08:36, Ewell CFC said:

B124EC1C-B4B4-4E97-AA03-40F019DD9FF5.thumb.jpeg.b4c472f4de4e9657e92909f70def225c.jpeg

I had exactly that uniform, Stan Smiths bought on our school french trip at the cost of no ice creams or sweets for the time i was there, the adidas jacket had a sort of padded red lining, there were some with light and navy blue about but most had this colourway. And Farahs were a must for school and getting into clubs/soul dos

I had to laugh and thought that some of these other clubs supporters are so wrong when it comes to dressing for Football. One of my son's sent me an article from a Norwich fan after we went up there the other week, he described our away support was the most boring to come to Carrow road in years, he said there were no replica shirts, scarfes or flags, all there seemed to be was Fred Perry and Burberry everywhere in our support. I thought YES, Chelsea's support still dresses properly for a game. Now me and my son's have debated what to wear for Brighton at home tomorrow for the last hour. My wife thinks we are bonkers, but I can assure you there will be no replica shirts or scarfes here. Football and fashion go hand in hand

25 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Cheers mate.

That Christmas !:laugh2:

I know, I know...

Flying pickets Christmas number 1, and I got a 5ft x 3ft Snooker table for Christmas, thought I was Hurricane Higgins!!!!

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Image result for cardiff city v chelsea 1984 Looks mid 1980s at The Bridge.

The benches must be giving it large, as Pompey are looking apprehensively towards them. 5 months later 11k Chelsea would invade Fratton Park. By their own admission Pompey have never seen an away support like that night in May 84.

10 hours ago, chi blue said:

Flying pickets Christmas number 1, and I got a 5ft x 3ft Snooker table for Christmas, thought I was Hurricane Higgins!!!!

Goodness me I'd completely forgotten about them.

Image result for patrick cagoule retro Okay, okay, so I admit I had a Patrick cagoule.:mocking: My old dear bought me one in 1983,  I was 16 remember, When I complained, I got the full lecture about  "not knowing the value of money !":sign0195:

My old man came to my rescue  (cheers dad !:tHumBsBeeR:) by advising me to 'wear it as a running wet weather jacket.'

Which I did and my old dear saw me wearing it and was 'off my case'.

In addition, I got a 'decent one' in my then humble 16 year old opinion, (adidas actually) ' from my grannie at Christmas.

Edited by erskblue

On 27/09/2019 at 22:44, chi blue said:

all there seemed to be was Fred Perry and Burberry everywhere in our support.

If I had the choice between wearing fruit of the loom or Burberry to football I'd choose the former. I can't believe anyone still wears Burberry I did in 83-84 but it got so tainted by it's chav image.

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Image result for patrick cagoule retro Okay, okay, so I admit I had a Patrick cagoule.:mocking: My old dear bought me one in 1983,  I was 16 remember, When I complained, I got the full lecture about  "not knowing the value of money !":sign0195:

My old man came to my rescue  (cheers dad !:tHumBsBeeR:) by advising me to 'wear it as a running wet weather jacket.'

Which I did and my old dear saw me wearing it and was 'off my case'.

In addition, I got a 'decent one' in my then humble 16 year old opinion, (adidas actually) ' from my grannie at Christmas.

Looks like a Scousers wardrobe Erks a bit like Mr Bean who has about 10 of the same jackets.😀