Chelsea vs Sheff Utd (PL) SATURDAY 31st Aug 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Feels like a loss. Gutted with the result.

Started well, but the second half was as poor as I've seen all season thus far. The defence is a shambles and is going to be a consistent problem all season.

Have to wait a little while longer for Frank's first home win as coach.

Dave has also been sh*te!!!

loving mount/Tammy/pulisic though

not all bad, but we really need Rudy/RLC/CHO back. 

Barkley is too inconsistent still. 

Dunno what to say really, should be an interesting year ahead...

1 minute ago, cuppaT said:

Imagine thinking we had any chance of top 4. 

We do though. We need to stop playing underperforming players such as Azpi, Zouma, Willian. This will come with our players coming back from injury. 

Too many any individual mistakes. As a whole, it’s working. 

In truth a point is about what we deserved from that match. Even in the first half, although going in two goals up we weren't at our best. Second half we looked very disjointed, a team were our more experienced players didn't stand up to be counted and help the younger players see the match out. 

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Azpi is so God damn frustrating. Can't beat a man and can't defend so what the hell is the point?

He's costing us every single game.

His cross helped create the first, should have had an assist to Tammy as well, folk used to slate him for not contributing going forward, now he does, just cause he doesn’t dribble past players it still counts.

should he do better defending the cross? 100% but we are so fickle in the centre of the park. When these cut backs came in and it was Terry/Cahill/Carvalho etc these things were cleared. Twice it came in and twice Zouma was beat to the ball. Not good enough from either of them.

When is Reece James back? 2 weeks? 

I can't wait for him and Rudi to come back, Azpilicueta has gone severely downhill, almost every goal is coming from his side. Zouma is a ticking timebomb at the back, he's not good enough. I still think selling Luiz was a mistake despite his recent performances at Arsenal, we've banked too much on this defence something you can't take risks with. 

Some really poor performances.Both goals from Azpilicueta's side, theres no way that player wouldve got a cross in for the 2nd a couple of years ago. 

Zouma all over place. 

Pulisic offered nothing all game. 

Hopefully see some improvement after the break. 

Just now, Raven8er said:

I love Dave's character but something has to give... both goals came from his side, he gets caught way too square nowadays and his lack of pace means he is beaten by his man almost every time, we need Reece back fit ASAP.

I like Reece but he is young and will make mistakes too. One of the issues right now is lack of experience and leadership.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

His cross helped create the first, should have had an assist to Tammy as well, folk used to slate him for not contributing going forward, now he does, just cause he doesn’t dribble past players it still counts.

should he do better defending the cross? 100% but we are so fickle in the centre of the park. When these cut backs came in and it was Terry/Cahill/Carvalho etc these things were cleared. Twice it came in and twice Zouma was beat to the ball. Not good enough from either of them.

That's just his overlap run into space, any full back can do that, Azpi's primary role is defending and honestly right now I'd rather put Alonso on the left and Emerson on the right

2 minutes ago, Mummy said:

Dave has also been sh*te!!!

loving mount/Tammy/pulisic though

not all bad, but we really need Rudy/RLC/CHO back. 

Barkley is too inconsistent still. 

Dunno what to say really, should be an interesting year ahead...

Pulisic will come good but he has been a passenger of late, he’s not had a good performance since Liverpool, it’s early days of course but not worthy of being put in with Tammy & Mount for me.

Disappointed not to take 3 points here, it had to be our game. I think Frank has got it wrong with the substitutions. 

I think our best defender was Tomori. Azpilicueta starting to be a target for the opponents, it starting to remind me the Ivanovic time. Zouma got it wrong in the goal, I think he did his best in the game. 

Michy, Willian and Gilmour haven't added anything to the game, we looked worse with them. 

We have to improve our defensive game overall, stronger teams will punish us more and more.

Anyways, there is a long way to go and I believe in what we got! COME ON CHELS!!!

Azpi and Zouma are just horrific defenders against counterattacking teams. 

Meanwhile, Chelsea had 711 total passes, but only 123 in the attacking third. That is a pathetic use of possession and you cannot play that way in the Premier League. If this is how Lampard wants to attack then it will fail. The club needs to find a way to get into the attacking third. They are actually good when they get there, but the midfield continuously just passes backwards and lets Zouma screw up the attack.

Really poor performance, we never got going all game really. Even when we were 2-0 up, we didn't look very good. We created one chance of our own that didn't come from a Sheff United mistake, that just isn't good enough.

In all honesty, I think this has been a very poor start to the season. We have already dropped 4 points from two games at home, suffered a heavy 4-0 defeat to United and only just beat Norwich. I don't expect top 4 this season, but I also didn't think we would be this bad so early. The way we are going, we will be lucky to get a top 10 finish, because we are defending like a relegation team. We won't win many games at all defending like this. 

Gutted but there is an awful long way to go and we will improve drastically once we have Kante, Rudi, RLC, Reece and CHO back which should see us end the year fairly strong but if we get the ban reduced to one window i'd be saying we go all out for a top class CB! Rudi and Chistensen is our best partnership but Christensen is still a season or two off the finished article.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Pulisic will come good but he has been a passenger of late, he’s not had a good performance since Liverpool, it’s early days of course but not worthy of being put in with Tammy & Mount for me.

That is definitely fair! He hasn’t been good as of late. 

Jorginho I find is a passenger, I find him too small and weak for the league.

lets hope after our injuries are healed we can get a good run in with a regular XI. 

Conceding late against crap at home is always demoralizing.

I feel for lampard today, his captain let him down.

Just now, sonic90 said:

That's just his overlap run into space, any full back can do that, Azpi's primary role is defending and honestly right now I'd rather put Alonso on the left and Emerson on the right

Which is ironic because last season it was that he wasn’t good enough going forward and we needed better, people will choose what they want to suit the agenda. I’m looking forward to James being back fit and us finally being able to rotate our full backs but anyone thinking a young RB with one years championship experience is going to play every week and not make mistakes is kidding themselves on. Azpilicueta and James will rotate for most of the season which is the right thing to do and I would hazard a guess will improve azpi’s performances as a result. Playing every game consistently since displacing Cole must be knackering, having a capable alternative will do him the world of good but we’re already lacking experience in the side so it’s a tough balancing act for frank.