Wolves vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14th Sep 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 hours ago, DP2 said:

Kepa

Tomori, Rudiger, Christensen

Pulisic/Pedro, Kante, Jorginho, Emerson/Alonso

Mount, Abraham, Cho

Obviously haven't taken Wolves system, players or form into consideration.

Edit - Azpilacuetta, Rudiger, Christensen

Unlikely FL changes formation but if he did then 343 could be a solution to our defensive problems and might play to our strengths until we can bring in a couple of players.

Would like to see if Azpilacuetta could get his form back in a 3.

Went to this one last season and after a good first half going 1.0 up through RLC we lacked spirit in the second half and ended up losing 2.1

We could well lose again but there is more determination in this team, contrary to what people are saying after the Sheffield game, and I think we will win or draw. Wolves are good but only to a certain extent. We still have some quality players who can win games. The biggest question is how long it will be before we keep a clean sheet? Hopefully the management team have put in place an attractive incentive scheme that will reward Kepa and his defenders every time they get a clean sheet.

Wolves 1 Chelsea 2.

Wolves achilles heel is their defence. Coady and Bennett are ordinary and Boly, their best central defender in a back three, is banned for this game. Their midfield and attack is physical and pacy so, although we should score, we definitely need to defend better. That means pace and energy in midfield in front of our central defenders. We badly need Kante's pace and presence around the pitch, something we lacked against Sheff. Utd. where we seemed slow and lethargic on and off the ball. 

Edited by old git

looking forward to this one, went last year to the night game and we was doing well till it all changed second half.

As people have already mentioned, keeping it tight at the back is very important but we must take our chances when we get them.

be a huge bonus to have Kante involved again.

2-1 to chels with the usual nervous moments

On 05/09/2019 at 15:35, old git said:

Wolves achilles heel is their defence. Coady and Bennett are ordinary and Boly, their best central defender in a back three, is banned for this game. Their midfield and attack is physical and pacy so, although we should score, we definitely need to defend better. That means pace and energy in midfield in front of our central defenders.

You could be describing us there. 

On 06/09/2019 at 15:49, chiefBlueCFC said:

Even when the international break will serve us well, I still hate it with all of my being

They should just scrap internationals nobody cares anymore!

They have quality all over the pitch. Very tough place to visit no less with our awful defending. They are able to play like City at times and have very intelligent players like Moutinho and Neves.

We need to make our probable early chances count.

23 hours ago, evissy said:

They have quality all over the pitch. Very tough place to visit no less with our awful defending. They are able to play like City at times and have very intelligent players like Moutinho and Neves.

We need to make our probable early chances count.

Really? There's many things i can say to describe this Wolves side but playing like City isn't one of them.

Our style of play under Lampard seems to be tailor made for a team like Wolves, having said that I hope the return of Kante and Rudiger will offer us some steel in defense. So far all our games have been tale of 2 halves, energetic and mobile in the first half and average in the 2nd, I dont think its a strategic or technical issue but just lack of experience in game management & hopefully as the season progresses will naturally improve through experience.

My prediction would be a 1-3 win for us

Lots of injury issues from Palmeri to  Kante. V Everton wolves were coming off a midweek Europa league game so likely a bit flat. 

I am not a fan of playin mount on the wing and I still think it’s either him or Barkley. 

At the vback I can’t see rudigier starting. Might get 20 minutes and probably better at home. 

Tomori did well but the goals came down his side as much as Dave 

So I’d go back to Christensen and Zouma. Did tomori play on the left of central defence at derby? At the moment it seems like Zouma is our only left sided central defender. 

Really? There's many things i can say to describe this Wolves side but playing like City isn't one of them.
Yes. At times they can control a game with holding the ball and make great passing combinations close to opponent box. Nowhere near City's level naturally but they are a very good side. What we can do is blow them off the pitch early with our pace.