coco

Wolves vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14th Sep 15:00 GMT

Should we be using the 3-4-2-1 going forward, or at least more often? It's probably the best we have looked all season.

At full strength, we could look like this. It would probably suit everyone well.

Rudiger - Christensen - Azpilicueta/Tomori

James - Kante - Jorginho - Palmieri

Hudson-Odoi/Mount - Loftus-Cheek/Pulisic

Abraham

1 hour ago, Nevamind said:

But funny everbody said "Hazard gone = NO GOALS" and look at us now.

Hopefully someone asks Graeme Sourness if he still wonders where the goals are going to come from.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Surely we can come up with something original instead of using the same old tripe sh*te like Spurs sing?

I'm no Lloyd Webber.

I am so happy for Tomori.. His loan move to derby was a huge success mainly for the amount of games he played against grown ass men.  i think he played 50 plus games. Those games definitely helped in the development of the boy/man.... Knowing this fact it is mind boggling that after wasting 2 years of Ethan Ampadus development on our bench we loan him to lepzig ( A top 4  bundesliga club in the UCL)and he is doing the same thing on their bench. It would have been wiser to send him to a mid table championship side so he could gain experience... I just hope his loan is cancelled in january and he is loaned to the championship

4 hours ago, Nevamind said:

I didn't, I said other players would step up and we would be faster though I never saw Abraham being so clinical at the top level. Kudos to Tammy.

Edited by Strider6003

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I didn't, I said other players would step up and we would be faster though I never saw Abraham being so clinical at the top level. Kudos to Tammy.

i was more thinking of the media and likes...

Nice to get a win. Wolves away is not easy these days. So happy for Tammy and Mason too. 

Only negative, some very poor keeping from Kepa, which is becoming a worrying trend. 

Not going to go in to any negatives this time. Wolves are a very good side imo so to go to their place and score 5 was really enjoyable.

All 3 of the tammy hat-trick we have seen Drogba score like that. Was beautiful.

Mason deserved his goal. Worked his socks off.

Worldie from Tomori, no blame on their keeper for me that was just a sweet hit.

Well done lads!

Didn't see that coming, after a quiet start we just blasted them away in that 10 minutes cameo. I admit I was a bit worried in the second half after Rudiger went off, every corner was like shot gun fire on us. Fortunately we didn't repeat those mistakes like the last game, and attacking wise we always had a goal whenever we needed. The kids were more than ok, although only 5 games in, Tammy looked like the best striker we had since Costa. Mount is getting better with each game, not just goals but movement and energy. Willian looked pretty good too, just when his spot in his team is in danger. I reckon 3 in the back will be the way to go, we just need more assurance at the back. Even when Kante is back, I reckon it's worth while drop a Kovacic or Barkley  for a central defender, it's a worthwhile trade off. Anyway, couldn't asked for much more this game, Wolves is a tough team, I can't remember last time anyone beat them up on their own turf.

12 hours ago, dkw said:

So you missed him setting up Abraham for his hat trick? 

Just like most players, you remember the bad more than the good. Watched the entire game live. Did not remember who set that one up, so I missed that one.

Overall, thought he was fairly average and had a lot of giveaways.

He was not wretched, just not fantastic. 

I am not anti-Jorginho, just trying to give my fair assessment of the day.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Superb performance today contrary to my pre match draw prediction 

the change in formation worked a treat it’s good to know that’s an option moving fwd 

RA must be beaming seeing the academy graduates excelling in the Premier League.  I know I am. Stats making headlines all over the place today. Btw Tammy looking like the real deal along w M n M 

all in all a good bit of away business !!!

Carefree then 

1 hour ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Just like most players, you remember the bad more than the good. Watched the entire game live. Did not remember who set that one up, so I missed that one.

Overall, thought he was fairly average and had a lot of giveaways.

He was not wretched, just not fantastic. 

I am not anti-Jorginho, just trying to give my fair assessment of the day.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Also put mount through when he went around the keeper and probably shouldve scored. 

Jorginho was decent, bar a couple of sloppy passes. 

15 hours ago, Nevamind said:

Not everybody mate. I didn’t and I know plenty of people who thought that we would score goals. Tammy was obviously better than Bamford for example.

Fantastic! Such a quality hat-trick too with a broad range of goal type (if you know what I mean :)). Having voiced doubts myself about this team and where our goals would come from this season, I’m delighted to be proven wrong and hope these youngsters continue to do so every match.