coco

Wolves vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14th Sep 15:00 GMT

49 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

Not everybody mate. I didn’t and I know plenty of people who thought that we would score goals. Tammy was obviously better than Bamford for example.

Why you feel i addressed it to you (or people in the forum in general)? 

I was more talking about rival fans and the media. Gosh can't write anything and not offend anyone. 

Our youth being the stars of the season so far, and to think we have arguably our 2 best youth players in Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek still to make an appearance this season.

Not to mention the hype around Reece James as well, we may easily end up fielding 6 players in our starting XI who are all from the academy.. What exciting times lie ahead!

Honestly think the appointment of Super Frank and the transfer ban was a huge blessing in disguise! KTBFFH!!!!

Yesterday my phone app said that Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham had scored. But as the scoreline hadn't updated, it took me a few heartstopping moments to process that it was our Tammy! My focus had been on the Kevin not the Abraham!

Edited by Beerqueen

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Yesterday my phone app said that Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham had scored in the . But as the scoreline hadn't updated, it took me a few heartstopping moments to process that it was our Tammy! My focus had been on the Kevin not the Abraham!

At least your phone app worked! Mine told me the match had kicked off only when the score was 4-1 IRT. I'm still waiting for the full time score, so a bit nervous here...

How much more solid did we look with a back three and Rudiger on the pitch? Superb. Just a bit of Conteball was all we needed. Put Kante in and we might even keep a clean sheet.
Kante in midfield, Reece James at wingback and Azpi at rcb. Id like to see that.

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

At least your phone app worked! Mine told me the match had kicked off only when the score was 4-1 IRT. I'm still waiting for the full time score, so a bit nervous here...

Spoiler alert. It's OK. In fact better than OK. 

2 minutes ago, AlexTommo said:
15 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:
How much more solid did we look with a back three and Rudiger on the pitch? Superb. Just a bit of Conteball was all we needed. Put Kante in and we might even keep a clean sheet.

Kante in midfield, Reece James at wingback and Azpi at rcb. Id like to see that.

Dave looked super solid and had some good moments going forward too. Andreas was so solid as well. 

Also liked Kovacic's game. Great movement. He and Kante will boss that formation.

4 hours ago, dkw said:

What a very strange attitude that is. 

It’s not an attitude, it’s called human nature.

As in a fan or supporter tends to remember the lows more than the highs.

I apologize if you took my comments as overly critical of the player, didn’t mean them to be.

The team played well yesterday, so let’s focus on that most certainly.

Come on you Chelsea!!

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I wonder about Giroud just now.

Bats is being used instead now as the sub, when we are winning not so much of a problem yet does it signify that Giroud will be moving on in January?

Will he remain a European competition focused player as in prior years or will Tammy start mid week? Or perhaps Giroud plays later in the competition?

Come on you Chelsea!!

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

How could you forget Ossie?

I know. It's shameful 😔

Always forget one or two in the heat of a moment.

26 minutes ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

It’s not an attitude, it’s called human nature.

As in a fan or supporter tends to remember the lows more than the highs.

I'll be honest your pretty much the only fan I know that thinks like that, and I find it a very strange thing to say. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I'll be honest your pretty much the only fan I know that thinks like that, and I find it a very strange thing to say. 

Well, I don’t “think” that way. I am not sure if you are from the UK or the States or some other country, but growing up in the States and passionately following American college football the same way as Chelsea and the PL, it is a VERY common saying here, “the highs are never as high as the lows are low”, in other words, being a super passionate fan, one tends to remember the bad play from players or the bad losses that could have been a lot more often and are often much more hyper critical of bad play. A good overall example here would be Fernando Torres. Did the guy cost a ton of cash, sure. Were expectations high, you bet. Did he live up to those expectations? No. Was he just a dog? No. Was he a punch line to a lot of posts? Yes. People remember his low lights much more than his highlights. He did score some big goals for Chelsea, especially in European competition. But again, people tend to remember his bad moments. Hopefully that helps to explain.

This is so common on this board. A player makes one bad pass or misses a sitter and it’s, “Willian is such sh*t” or “Pedro is garbage” or whoever you like. It’s the same thing there. People tend to focus on the negative because they want perfection, never mind all the other good the player does. This is all I am trying to say when I say - like most people - I tend to remember the bad plays (giveaways, poor passes, etc) and sometimes forget the good because of my passion. I believe it to be quite normal and again, it is in action on here in EVERY match thread.

As for Jorginho, I just did not realize he was the one with those passes yesterday. I usually catch those, but missed it yesterday. I will do better next game 😀

I hope this helps explain my thoughts better.

Enjoy the day, mate, we can all agree “keep the blue flag flying high”

3 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Well, I don’t “think” that way. I am not sure if you are from the UK or the States or some other country, but growing up in the States and passionately following American college football the same way as Chelsea and the PL, it is a VERY common saying here, “the highs are never as high as the lows are low”, in other words, being a super passionate fan, one tends to remember the bad play from players or the bad losses that could have been a lot more often and are often much more hyper critical of bad play. A good overall example here would be Fernando Torres. Did the guy cost a ton of cash, sure. Were expectations high, you bet. Did he live up to those expectations? No. Was he just a dog? No. Was he a punch line to a lot of posts? Yes. People remember his low lights much more than his highlights. He did score some big goals for Chelsea, especially in European competition. But again, people tend to remember his bad moments. Hopefully that helps to explain.

This is so common on this board. A player makes one bad pass or misses a sitter and it’s, “Willian is such sh*t” or “Pedro is garbage” or whoever you like. It’s the same thing there. People tend to focus on the negative because they want perfection, never mind all the other good the player does. This is all I am trying to say when I say - like most people - I tend to remember the bad plays (giveaways, poor passes, etc) and sometimes forget the good because of my passion. I believe it to be quite normal and again, it is in action on here in EVERY match thread.

As for Jorginho, I just did not realize he was the one with those passes yesterday. I usually catch those, but missed it yesterday. I will do better next game 😀

Whilst i fully get what you're saying, using Torres as the example actually disproved the point for me personally. Whilst i don't doubt that Torres was extremely frustrating and never delivered on the funds invested in him, my everlasting memory of him will always be that Barcelona goal and Gary Neville's orgasm. :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Whilst i fully get what you're saying, using Torres as the example actually disproved the point for me personally. Whilst i don't doubt that Torres was extremely frustrating and never delivered on the funds invested in him, my everlasting memory of him will always be that Barcelona goal and Gary Neville's orgasm. :biggrin:

I agree on Torres. I personally was never as down on him as most, though he certainly had some frustrating moments we all remember well.

We all remember the great moments too, probably the better word choice is “dwell” not remember. We dwell on the bad moments. 😉

Interestingly had we held on vs Sheffield United, we would be tied for second, in third on GD.

Very pleased with the youth and our effort. Give me a healthy Kante, CHO and L-C back and we may be a very difficult match up for everyone. Need to keep improving at the back as well, but Rudiger really helps.

9 minutes ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

I agree on Torres. I personally was never as down on him as most, though he certainly had some frustrating moments we all remember well.

We all remember the great moments too, probably the better word choice is “dwell” not remember. We dwell on the bad moments. 😉

Interestingly had we held on vs Sheffield United, we would be tied for second, in third on GD.

Very pleased with the youth and our effort. Give me a healthy Kante, CHO and L-C back and we may be a very difficult match up for everyone. Need to keep improving at the back as well, but Rudiger really helps.

Don't want to be negative at all this weekend but the keeper also needs to step up. Stronger wrists and pushing the ball to angles not popping it back out between the posts.

4 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Don't want to be negative at all this weekend but the keeper also needs to step up. Stronger wrists and pushing the ball to angles not popping it back out between the posts.

Yes, I agree. 

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:22, The Don Antonio said:

I am so happy for Tomori.. His loan move to derby was a huge success mainly for the amount of games he played against grown ass men.  i think he played 50 plus games. Those games definitely helped in the development of the boy/man.... Knowing this fact it is mind boggling that after wasting 2 years of Ethan Ampadus development on our bench we loan him to lepzig ( A top 4  bundesliga club in the UCL)and he is doing the same thing on their bench. It would have been wiser to send him to a mid table championship side so he could gain experience... I just hope his loan is cancelled in january and he is loaned to the championship

If Ampadu's loan can be cut short we should bring back to the Bridge.

Lending Ampadu to Leipzig has proven to be a real mistake. The back 3 did well against Wolves but we could have had this option earlier with Ampadu in the squad. We still need another centre back option and for me he is one of, if not the, best young players we have. Admittedly his loan happened before David Luiz's sale and the club didn't know Luiz was going to leave, so blaming the powers that be is a bit harsh. Luiz probably caused this cock up by leaving his decision to depart until a couple of days before the closure of the transfer window.

If there is an option to bring Ampadu back in January we should do it. As you say he is warming the bench at Leipzig and this probably won't change anytime soon as they are top of the league and unlikely to change a wining formula.

17 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Life is better if you focus on the happy times mate. This is sport and its there to be enjoyed. The only sport I actually play now is golf and I know if I focus on and remember my better shots I play better next time. If I keep remembering my bad shots I duff it more. Bob Rotella the great sports psychologist will tell you the same.

Let your good be good.

Cracking result and, at least for me, pretty unexpected.

I really like us in a 3-4-3 / 3-4-2-1 formation. I think it makes the most of the players we have at our disposal and limits the exposure to our weaknesses.

I appreciate I'll be one of the minority, but I prefer Alonso>Emerson, especially in this formation. Offers more going forward and not that much worse of a defender in my opinion (will get shot down for that!). Not sure we'll stick with it though as Lamps talked specifically about adapting to Wolves, but we'll see.

Nice balance of fixtures in next few games to (CL, League Cup, Liv) to see how this plays out but its given me room for even more optimism.

2 minutes ago, Tony Tone said:

Cracking result and, at least for me, pretty unexpected.

I really like us in a 3-4-3 / 3-4-2-1 formation. I think it makes the most of the players we have at our disposal and limits the exposure to our weaknesses.

I appreciate I'll be one of the minority, but I prefer Alonso>Emerson, especially in this formation. Offers more going forward and not that much worse of a defender in my opinion (will get shot down for that!). Not sure we'll stick with it though as Lamps talked specifically about adapting to Wolves, but we'll see.

Nice balance of fixtures in next few games to (CL, League Cup, Liv) to see how this plays out but its given me room for even more optimism.

I agree about it plays to our strength and having both Azpi and Alonso playing and competing was a positive change that would not work in the other system of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Playing effectively 3 upfront worked well too.