coco

Chelsea v Valencia (CL) Tue 17th Sep 20:00 GMT

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Can't wait to hear the anthem. Probably need to rotate. Liverpool is on following sunday.

I prefer the Europa anthem to be honest, it’s a banger!

Wouldn't change much for this. Without underestimating them this is a good game to work on the formation. Our teams average age is about 12 so no point thinking 5 days ahead. 

Maybe move Azpi back into the 3 and Pedro or Pulisic in for Rudiger.

22 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I prefer the Europa anthem to be honest, it’s a banger!

Noooo! Everybody can have their opinion but there is a certain point and you crossed it!!! 

47 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

Noooo! Everybody can have their opinion but there is a certain point and you crossed it!!! 

I cross the line many many years ago and never went back!

With our current injury situations and Liverpool coming to the bridge on Sunday Rotation will be key

Team for valencia                                                                                                        Team for scousers

Kepa                                                                                                                 Kepa

Zouma     Christensen         Tomori                                                      Rudiger             Christensen       Tomori

Azpi      Kovacic     Jorginho            Alonso                                   Azpi             Kovacic         Jorginho             Alonso

Pedro      Giroud         Pulisic                                                              Willian         TAMINATOR        Mount

Rotation will be important, Liverpuddle will face the same issue. 

we are still carrying a lot of injuries.

However I'll admit to being confused about the best team and formation now.

We didn't play with a back 3 this season until Saturday and then we made it look great despite the two goals.

If Kante is fit who makes way? 

Mason Mount is still out of position playing wide left.

There is probably more money for CFC in getting to the knockout stages of the CL than there is in getting a result against Liverpool. To be honest its hard to think CFC can do any better than a draw against Liverpool right now. Id rather be playing Citeh and we are virtually certain to concede against them.

Kovacic doesn't seem to have the legs for 90 minutes so clearly he will only play one of the games. Jorginho hasn't missed a minute and also played for Italy. 

Barkely looked very good in the few minutes he had against Wolves

I might go with:

dave christensen tomori alonso (christensen to be told to do better marking striker for corners and crosses into box)

jorginho kante

Barkely

Pulisic/Pedro  giroud 

for the valencia game

And then pretty much the wolves team for Liverpool

But really its difficult to pick the teams for these two games. Must be tough for the opposition manager.

With our current injury situations and Liverpool coming to the bridge on Sunday Rotation will be key
Team for valencia                                                                                                        Team for scousers
                         Kepa                                                                                                                 Kepa
      Zouma     Christensen         Tomori                                                      Rudiger             Christensen       Tomori
Azpi      Kovacic     Jorginho            Alonso                                   Azpi             Kovacic         Jorginho             Alonso
       Pedro      Giroud         Pulisic                                                              Willian         TAMINATOR        Mount

So you are thinking of congesting the field with players. Old, but good trick.

8 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

If we could play our full squad that would be my selection. I would maybe shift 3 or 4 of the players playing in what seems to be the football equivalent of brunch from the right side and spread them more liberally across the pitch 😉

Edit - It just looks like somebody threw the squad onto a table like confetti. Might look different between android/apple. Suggest not trying to show the actual formation but say what formation and list the players. On the other hand you can do what you want obviously.

Edited by DP2

We have to go full strength tomorrow night and start off with a win in the CL.

Win your 3 home games and you're well set up to top the group and get potentially an easier draw in the K/O stages.

I'd go with

Kepa

Azp Tomori Christensen Alonso

Barkley Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Tammy Mount

Bring in Kante, Rudiger and Emerson for the Pool game if theyre fit.

Pulisic could be rotated with Willian but Pulisic himself had a good game against Pool in the super cup and was inches away from scoring an exceptional goal against them.

Edited by Delnino

8 hours ago, DP2 said:

If we could play our full squad that would be my selection. I would maybe shift 3 or 4 of the players playing in what seems to be the football equivalent of brunch from the right side and spread them more liberally across the pitch 😉

Edit - It just looks like somebody threw the squad onto a table like confetti. Might look different between android/apple. Suggest not trying to show the actual formation but say what formation and list the players. On the other hand you can do what you want obviously.

Lampard has said he wants to maintain momentum and balance that with rotation. Think what you have proposed does that - some extra experience for Champions League is a must for me. Pulisic could be any one of a number of players in my team, potentially Barkley.

Given that we have 5 fit defenders, I think we might start with 4 at the back, so we can have one on the bench.

If we continue to play 3 at the back and 2 wing backs, with Zouma replacing Rudiger in the 3, then who's the cover on the bench ... Guehi perhaps ?

Edited by Sexyfootball