coco

Chelsea v Valencia (CL) Tue 17th Sep 20:00 GMT

Great to be back in the Champions League. Keep the momentum going.

Azpi, Christensen, Tomori

Pedro, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso

Pulisic, Abraham, Mount

Come on Chelsea.

I think we can only win in this seasons CL. Everybody expects us to go through but we have to realize CL is totally different to the league. The football itself is different. I think we should just enjoy every moment and have fun. We go through, excellent. We finish 3rd, okay we have a young squad.

I think in particular Ajax-games could become epic. They like to play football as do we.

Valencia-game at home we should go all out and try to win but we are facing a team in a difficult moment. They can see this as a turningpoint to their season. Unlike our squad they have the experience.

I'd keep a 3-4-2-1 until Emerson is back. Alonso isn't fit for a back 4 and Dave has struggled.

Kepa

Dave  Christensen  Tomori

Pedro    Barkley    Jorginho    Alonso

Willian            Pulisic

Batshuayi

Zouma's struggled but could easily see him playing RCB and Dave at RWB, however i don't want Zouma near a starting 11 again. Pedro played RWB a few times before, so see no reason he couldnt do it again with Dave behind as cover.

Give Kovacic a rest before the important game this weekend. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd keep a 3-4-2-1 until Emerson is back. Alonso isn't fit for a back 4 and Dave has struggled.

Would you switch back to a 4 when Emerson is fit? I'm not convinced we have the players in the squad to play a 4 no matter who's available. Our best is probably Azpi/James, Azpi/Christensen, Rudiger and Emerson. That doesn't scream clean sheets even if we had an out and out defensive midfielder.

Would like to see Batswayai get 30 mins tonight. Thought he looked good pre-season if lacking sharpness and needs game time. Maybe he'll line up with Giroud v Grimsby.

30 minutes ago, DP2 said:

Would you switch back to a 4 when Emerson is fit? I'm not convinced we have the players in the squad to play a 4 no matter who's available. Our best is probably Azpi/James, Azpi/Christensen, Rudiger and Emerson. That doesn't scream clean sheets even if we had an out and out defensive midfielder.

Would like to see Batswayai get 30 mins tonight. Thought he looked good pre-season if lacking sharpness and needs game time. Maybe he'll line up with Giroud v Grimsby.

When everyone is fit a back 4 is best for me.

Kepa

James  Rudiger  Andreas  Emerson

Joginho

Kante       Mount

Willian     Tammy     CHO

A lot depends on how Reece adapts to the premier league but i have confidence he'll still dominate like he did last year.

33 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Joginho

Kante       Mount

A lot depends on how Reece adapts to the premier league but i have confidence he'll still dominate like he did last year.

No Ruben in your lineup? And the inclusion of Willian? Who are you and what've you done with RIP Mourinho?

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Joginho

Kante       Mount

When everyone is healthy I like the idea of a back three of Rudi, Christensen, and Zouma/Tomori and Alonso and Reece as the wingbacks - not always but I like the idea of it think the versatility that we are starting to show is going to prove to be incredibly useful in the champions league, fa cup and premier league.

Also, can't wait for Kante to be fit along with CHO, Reece and Ruben... 

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Joginho

Kante       Mount

I like it and would go similar. Maybe something like this..

Kepa

Joginho

Kante            Loftus-Cheek

Mount     Tammy     CHO

4 hours ago, Sindre said:

Tammy needs to play. Can't bench him when he is on a goalscoring run.

There is plenty of time to rest before Liverpool on sunday.

Yep. Play the best and most inform players we have. It's the Champions League and we are playing against a team from one of the top leagues in the world, you can't field a weaker team in these circumstances. Winning the home games could be crucial when it comes to qualification too.

3 hours ago, Amputechture said:

No Ruben in your lineup? And the inclusion of Willian? Who are you and what've you done with RIP Mourinho?

ha ha, i was only including mere mortals. Once God (RLC) is fit, we'll have him at LCM, Mount pushed up onto the wing and turn Willian into kit boy.

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Joginho

Kante       Mount

I think we'll continue to have the same problems when we lose the ball with no defensive midfielder or until we have 2 'world class' defenders in the centre and at full back.

Anyway, back to tonight. Fancy us to win by 2 all going well, nice to get a clean sheet.

don't think we have any other fit CBs so no point in getting upset at young Kurt, who incidentally put in  a good shift as a sub at Molineux, like the back 3 with the wing backs, again there was little other choice apart from Dave & Alonso at fullbacks in a flat 4 but we all know how that would end

fancy us tonight, going 2-0 hope Tammy gets hi s1st CL goal to boot

COME ON CHELSEA !

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Hard game incoming so I hope the ref is kind to our team!

His name is Cuneyt Caki...he's going to have to work incredibly hard in order to prevent us from playing anagrams with his name later if things don't go our way...