coco

Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 22nd Sep 16:30 GMT

Liverpool play 4-3-3, create plenty of chances and Chelsea lose.

Look forward to following fixtures in Sept. and October with hopefully no more injuries.

BTW, do we have a 5th fullback who can play backup LB?

Edited by TrunchingCackle

This is the line-up we used in the SuperCup for comparison:

Wednesday, 14th August 2019 at 20:00 Report 20190814-A.jpg
Competition: UEFA Super Cup       Match 5095      Other match 50
Venue: Vodafone Park, Istanbul
Attendance: 38,434
Referee: Stephanie Frappart (France)
Liverpool Adrian, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson (Alexander-Arnold 91), Milner (Wijnaldum 64), Fabinho, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain (Firmino 46), Salah, Mane (Origi 103)
   Scorers Mane 48, Mane 95
   Booked Henderson 85, Alexander-Arnold 107
   Subs Not Used Lonergan, Kelleher, Hoever, Elliott, Shaqiri, Lallana, Brewster
   Manager Jurgen Klopp
Chelsea 1 Kepa, 4 Andreas Christensen (29 Fikayo Tomori 85), 5 Jorginho, 7 N'Golo Kante, 11 Pedro, 15 Kurt Zouma, 17 Mateo Kovacic ( 8 Ross Barkley 101), 18 Olivier Giroud ( 9 Tammy Abraham 74), 22 Christian Pulisic (19 Mason Mount 74), 28 Cesar Azpilicueta, 33 Emerson
   Scorers Giroud 36, Jorginho 100 (Pen)
   Booked Azpilicueta 79
   Subs Not Used 13 Willy Caballero, 3 Marcos Alonso, 16 Kenedy, 2 Antonio Rudiger, 21 Davide Zappacosta, 47 Billy Gilmour, 10 Willian, 23 Michy Batshuayi
   Manager Frank Lampard
  Lost on penalties 4-5
Penalty Shoot-Out Firminho-scored 0-1, Jorginho-scored 1-1, Fabinho-scored 1-2, Barkley-scored 2-2, Origi-scored 2-3, Mount-scored 3-3, Alexander-Arnold-scored 3-4, Emerson-scored 4-4, Salah scored 4-5, Abraham saved 4-5

On 20/09/2019 at 17:07, goose said:

Like Klopps football but dislike the man immensely. He likes to give the impression of mr nice guy but underneath he’s a horrible bastard. Look at his reaction towards Bruce last week. He ok when he’s winning but a utter c**t when losing. 

Please please please SLF do this f**ker over.

(Have to admit if Klopp had been our manager I’d probably be ok with him.)

People hated Conte for the same reason "over celebrating". Depends on with side you are, if he is your coach everything is good i guess. 

Thou i have to say Conte never directed his celebrations towards another Manager. Klopp takes it way too personal 🙌🏼

Game Day!!Already on the train up, the chap in our station ticket office looked at me as knows we are Chelsea and said going bloody early?, I said it's the Frank effect, long day ahead, first stop fry up in Clapham. UTC

34 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Game Day!!Already on the train up, the chap in our station ticket office looked at me as knows we are Chelsea and said going bloody early?, I said it's the Frank effect, long day ahead, first stop fry up in Clapham. UTC

Love to be there, have to do with Brighton next week. I'm changing my mind on Mount the closer it gets to k/o...might be worth the risk. Anything to beat them.

Van Dijk is overrated, Klopp spent tons of money right after he said he doesn't agree with spending and now 1 player got all the praise which happens to be Van Dijk...Klopps tactics worked already without him, now watch as Tammy destroys Van Dijk!

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

Have a good one :tHumBsBeeR: Couldn't get a ticket, so just about to watch the rugby (come on England) have my first beer, Watch the piky's v manc scum moor beer, put the bbq on more beer, flit between football and f1 more beer, Watch the Chels hopefully beat the dippers, more beer. Fall over.

Edited by Kev56
Too much beer

20 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

Have a good one :tHumBsBeeR: Couldn't get a ticket, so just about to watch the rugby (come on England) have my first beer, Watch the piky's v manc scum moor beer, put the bbq on more beer, flit between football and f1 more beer, Watch the Chels hopefully beat the dippers, more beer. Fall over.

Punishing schedule, Kev. Hang in there!

Unless the scum have an off day I think its fair to say they will continue unbeaten; they are strong all over the park and been playing well as their record suggests.  Don't look at the result in the Super Cup, a friendly affair which we should have won, today will be different mindset.....if we manage to take a point I'd be happy, beating them will make Pep very happy and Frank having a bigger grin, without the Colgate whitening, than that prick managing the team in red....I just hope the defence doesn't crumble and we take a beating, I can't take too much more of this media w**k fest for Liverpool to win the league. 

What a game...just mentioned it in the predictions thread

We always turn up for Pool so us putting a few pass them won't be surprising had we been playing Bournemouth my prediction would be different LOL

55 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Punishing schedule, Kev. Hang in there!

Had a lot of practice over the decades following Chelsea, as said the ‘Frank effect’ helps me (hang being the operative word)in there. Come on the Chels.

ps. Change in plans, just started pissing down so going down the pub. Missus can cook Sunday dinner in the oven.

Edited by Kev56

I think the saving grace is that we’re at the Bridge, we could have a slim chance! We’d be bent over if it was there.

No we wouldn't Chelsea always turn up for Liverpool there is something that happens to our players against Liverpool that makes us show up..I expect high tempo high press game from us, you couldn't ask for a better manager to convey to the players what this match means....we are going to win...