Chelsea v Grimsby (LC) Wed 25th Sep 19:45 GMT

Hope to see:

Caballero

James - Zouma - Guehi - Alonso

Gilmour - Christensen

Pulisic   -    Barkley    -    CHO

Bats

Should be enough for Grimsby, and I'd be intrigued to see how Christensen does in midfield

Only problem is that Giroud and Pedro needs a start as well...

14 hours ago, TheBlueLamp said:
14 hours ago, robdog said:
A different angle for the build-up on Dave's goal - from this image it appears that Mount is onsides

To be honest, it isn't a great angle. Mount was offside IMO. The broader question is how many passes before are you looking at to judge? If it took 30 passes for a goal, is VAR looking at all of them?

Well after the comments from I think the Man United game, if the ball is played backwards it starts a new phase of play so technically when Mount cut it back it should have been a new phase. That logic would have favoured Chelsea and not the darlings so you can see why it didn’t apply. 

24 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Well after the comments from I think the Man United game, if the ball is played backwards it starts a new phase of play so technically when Mount cut it back it should have been a new phase. That logic would have favoured Chelsea and not the darlings so you can see why it didn’t apply. 

somehow you got your wires crossed - this post should be on the match vs the dirty red thread

Im really enjoying watching chelsea so far this season. Doubt if this game will be on  TV here in Sydney though. We don't have that many choices at the back with all the injuries.

We should never take an opponent lightly. Grimsby will be up for this game will run for the entire 90 minutes. Nevertheless have to rest Dave, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mason Mount and Tammy at a minimum . Probably also Willian even though he has only had two starts.

Chelsea likely could put an excellent cup team on the pitch but not in this game. Two primary objectives this season which I take to be a top 4 finish and qualifying for the knockout states of the champions league are still well within our grasp. Everything else is less important, at least that's how I see it. That said its nice to have options and you get them the longer you stay in the cups.

Edited by ozboy

This is something like what I expect to see:

Caballero

James  Rudiger Tomorri  Alonso

Gilmour Kovacic Barkley

Willian Bats Pulisic

Subs: Azpi, Jorginho, CHO, Arrizabalaga + others(?)

I think Frank will remember previous nights where we have been too experimental and then needed a replay at an 'unfriendly' ground causing lack of adequate planning for CL and EPL opponents.

18 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Way, WAY too strong line ups for this one guys, come on:

Cumming

James

Lamptey

Guehi

Maatsen

Gilmour

Uwakwe

Anjorin

Pulisic

Batman

CHO

Not sure this will be the exact starting line up but won't be far off....

i reckon it will be Caballero, James, Guehi, Zouma, Maadsen/Alonso,  Gilmour, Barkley, McEcharan/Van Ginkel (If fit why not play him?), Pulisic, CHO, Bats

Bench: Cumming, Lamptey, Tomori, Anjorin, Pedro, Giroud, Uwakwe/Brown.

If Van Ginkel is fit, i'd play him... there isn't much too lose... he's a creative midfielder with International Experience and takes the pressure off us needing to play Jorginho/Mount/Kovacic.. Contract is up at the end of the season and realistically should be too good for Grimsby.

Realistically,  he would allow us to play both Gilmour/G McEcharan or switch out Barkley early on. BUT... no one seems to know if he's fit or even returned from injury.

Tomori to cover incase of injury but to be honest with us playing at home on a good pitch it should give us a chance to play a weakened team and give players experience.