coco

Chelsea v Brighton (PL) Sat 28th Sep 15:00 GMT

11 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Love Tomori. I'm unconvinced by Christensen. Thought Callum did well when he came on, far better than Pedro. Dave had a good game I thought. We need to sort out set pieces.

Very exciting times with all these kids and with our management team. It's a totally different vibe.

I thought Christensen was just as solid as Tomori in defence, didn't put a foot wrong, but his passing is another story, he gave away about 3 passes on the ground which is not good enough for a CB. That needs to improve, and that's been a problem in his game since he has started games here. 

But other than that what did he do wrong? Also don't forget, Christensen is part of the kids, he's still very young. 

As for the vibe couldn't agree more Davey, I'm more excited about this team than I was under Sarri, and that's meaning no disrespect. I never thought it would be the case, I completely written this season off. 

Edited by Slojo

53 minutes ago, Liam said:

I have to say it's been really moany in here for the past 2 hours.

We've just totally dominated a game with a batch of home-grown exciting talent while being managed by a genuine legend.

It doesn't really get much better than this as a football fan. 

Against a better team we would have been in trouble but it’s a good win and good times ahead.

No surprise again today where we’re struggling and without Kante we lose so much. Let’s hope he’s back for Lille.

2 home games we should win after that so could build a bit of momentum.

Up the Chels.

Just now, DP2 said:

Against a better team we would have been in trouble but it’s a good win and good times ahead.

No surprise again today where we’re struggling and without Kante we lose so much. Let’s hope he’s back for Lille.

2 home games we should win after that so could build a bit of momentum.

Up the Chels.

Without Kante I was surprised we did not play Kovacic, guess Frank was trying to rest players for the match against Lille.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

I have to say it's been really moany in here for the past 2 hours.

We've just totally dominated a game with a batch of home-grown exciting talent while being managed by a genuine legend.

It doesn't really get much better than this as a football fan. 

If you put it into perspective with the way we throw away 1 goal leads it makes sense. 

We just want to kill the game off, because we create chance after chance after chance and miss sitters, it would drive any person mad. When you look back on it you say it was a great performance but at the moment we are still really leaky at the back, once Willian killed the game off though I saw the change in atmosphere on here straight away. 

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

Without Kante I was surprised we did not play Kovacic, guess Frank was trying to rest players for the match against Lille.

Thought that was a really strange selection and didn’t help that Barkley was very poor today.

I’d be surprised if Frank is resting players, particularly when he put Mount in last week. Just hope Kante isn’t in more trouble then we’re to believe.

21 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I thought Christensen was just as solid as Tomori in defence, didn't put a foot wrong, but his passing is another story, he gave away about 3 passes on the ground which is not good enough for a CB. That needs to improve, and that's been a problem in his game since he has started games here. 

But other than that what did he do wrong? Also don't forget, Christensen is part of the kids, he's still very young. 

As for the vibe couldn't agree more Davey, I'm more excited about this team than I was under Sarri, and that's meaning no disrespect. I never thought it would be the case, I completely written this season off. 

It's just his vibe. It's too weak. He lacks personality and he's brittle physically. He doesn't want to impose himself on the game. Often he has space to bring the ball forward but he hesitates and plays it sideways. Occasionally he'll bring it forward and then he'll panic and play an aimless ball when he has loads of time. He's just not confident enough on the ball. Tomori just plays his natural game and isn't afraid. It's worth remembering he's younger and less experienced. I'm just not convinced by Christensen. A decent squad player but nothing more in my opinion. This is his chance to stake a claim. Tomori has grabbed it with both hands. No-one's taking that spot off him. Can you say the same about Christensen?

I thought that was a pretty good performance today, especially when we had so many first 11 players out of the team. They had about 5 decent minutes where they forced Kepa to make a save, other than that, we completely dominated. The only thing that let us down was the finishing, it was a bit like watching our finishing of the past two seasons. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I actually woulda went for Christensen, had some key blocks in the second half when we had our back to the wall but both the CB’s were solid. I thought we defended much better as a team as a whole today, although I do appreciate it was Brighton who struggle for goals.

Yeah he also had a great game, maybe a little bit hesitant with carrying the ball forward - that might be the reason why I think Fikayo edged him out today.

Very exciting football today, maybe too exciting. Can't wait for the young squad to gel as a unit then I think we'll really start to shine. On the whole Chelsea are on the up and I for one am ready for the ride. UTC!

I'll just have to think about the problem to get a ticket to the CL match to stop  myself from making a fool of myself at the bar here.

D'you know I'm educating the bar staff about Bobby Tambling?!

Edited by Valerie

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Did you watch any of the game or could you not keep your eyes off me? :laugh2:

Oh Munkie, if only I could could have gotten you to have that drink with me... The orange shirt...

Edited by Valerie