coco

Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Sat 19th Oct 15:00 GMT

1 minute ago, erskblue said:

Did he talk positively about us ?!

That is a first !

He was god awful for the full 90 minutes. 

Said the goal was due to a keeper error, passive aggressive towards Chelsea when having to give them credit, always has to be due to Newcastle making a mistake. 

And how on earth he thought that was a foul on their player around the 20th minute mark was ridiculous, the bloke hates Chelsea. 

11 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He was god awful for the full 90 minutes. 

Said the goal was due to a keeper error, passive aggressive towards Chelsea when having to give them credit, always has to be due to Newcastle making a mistake. 

And how on earth he thought that was a foul on their player around the 20th minute mark was ridiculous, the bloke hates Chelsea. 

Ah, that's more like him then.

Great second half, much more chances, much more crosses, headers, danger.

Franky as a manger showing an improvement also. Great substition with Pulisic on Mount, it changed the game for us. 

CHO's is the MOTM for me, he was incredible. Abraham missed two headers and one big chance, but his work rate is just fantastic. 

Clean sheet, 3 points, let's just keep going !

COME ON CHELS!!!!

21 minutes ago, coco said:

Picking up three points with a clean sheet, whilst still breaking in the youngest team we ever had, do me all day long. Cant wait to add a few top world class players into this team next season.

We'll probably need a CB and a new LB, and that's about it I think, I'm very happy with the current squad so far. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We'll probably need a CB and a new LB, and that's about it I think, I'm very happy with the current squad so far. 

I actually like our CB options, even Zouma's growing on me a bit, and we still have Ampadu to come in the fold at some point. If there's a chance at a VVD level signing (for example Jose Giminez) then by all means go for it but other than that i think we're ok.

LB and a winger should be our priority's as far as marquee signing's go, the former especially.

23 minutes ago, Argo said:

I actually like our CB options, even Zouma's growing on me a bit, and we still have Ampadu to come in the fold at some point. If there's a chance at a VVD level signing (for example Jose Giminez) then by all means go for it but other than that i think we're ok.

LB and a winger should be our priority's as far as marquee signing's go, the former especially.

Zouma was the best in defence today, Tomori is starting to scare me with these passes, two blunders he had today and Zouma got him out of one before the goal. 

I'm still not sold on Kurt Zouma though, he's just not Chelsea material in my book. I know he's still actually young and has a lot of experience but since that serious injury he had under Mourinho he's never been the same player, not even on his loans. I still rate Christensen and I think Tomori looks promising, but I'm not banking on it just yet, Rudigers set of injuries have also concerned me. 

44 minutes ago, Slojo said:

CB and RB!

1 hour ago, coco said:

Picking up three points with a clean sheet, whilst still breaking in the youngest team we ever had, do me all day long. Cant wait to add a few top world class players into this team next season.

This team can be the best in Europe in 3 years time.

25 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We aren't going to sell Azpi and Reece James looks very promising. 

Azpi can't play at the high level next season though. We should sell him.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Azpi can't play at the high level next season though. We should sell him.

I disagree, I think he's picked up the last few games, but yeah he's certainly not at the highest level at right back anymore. 

19 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I disagree, I think he's picked up the last few games, but yeah he's certainly not at the highest level at right back anymore. 

He will be 31 next season, probably his last with the club then...But even if we get a new CB, our defense will still have big holes unless Azp is a backup to James.

First half didn’t get going vs toons 9 gadges behind the ball or Brucey ball whatever one prefers 

2nd half was a different kettle of fish haven’t seen Chelsea play that fluidly in a long while all without some pretty important players out injured. Toon put up a brave fight but if not for Dubrovka it would been at least 3-0. CHO stood out as motm to me which is very pleasing. Got another assist and put in an overall good performance coming back so soon from a major injury. 

Cant find any negativity with a 5 run streak in all comps, back to back clean sheets, in top 4, big CL game midweek to look forward to. 

COME 💀N CHELSEA !!

11 hours ago, Dixons said:

It's a good sign when not be at our best but could easily have won by 3 or 4. Can't recall Kepa making a save.

CHO my man of the match and easily his best performance in the league.

Jorginho played well, as did Kova when he came on.

Tammy and Mount below par. Timori very sloppy and again our worst player. No question now his confidence has gone since the mistakes against Lille. 

I agree with most of this although I didn’t think Tammy was below par just lacked service. Kovacic made a huge difference and pulisic was good on balance. 

Newcastle parked the bus and offered nothing going forward.

Yes a 1-0 game makes it look like the defended well. They did first half, not really the second.

Mount has to score that chance in the first half. All that space, low and hard, bread and butter chance.

On another day Pulisic adds to that, Tammy's header hits the bar and in, and the defenders block sends Tammy's shot just under the bar rather than over it.

At 4 or 5 it would not look such a good defensive display. They got lucky to get away with just a 1-0 loss.

Not that it matters. 3 points needed 3 points got. Jorginho MOTM for me closely followed by Willian.