Jump to content

coco

Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Sat 19th Oct 15:00 GMT


Recommended Posts

On 11/10/2019 at 10:08, Deino said:

I can see them trying to hoof it to Andy Carroll and possibly even score.

Trick is to play as high up as possible if that's Newcastle's plan. Gary Neville touched up on that when he mentioned how Fergie use to deal with Wimbledon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dixons said:

Carroll could be a real danger from set pieces, so i'd play Christensen and Zouma. Need one of them to mark him.

The last I checked Christensen was injured during the international break

 

Edited by robdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been terribly unlucky with injuries this season, we've generally had very few injuries in recent years.

What is actually wrong with Rudiger by the way no real sign of a return any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think this will be easy I can see Newcastle trying to frustrate us. They will most definitely try to make use of our defensive fragility by trying to score from set pieces.

 

the team I would go with based on the injuries is 

kepa 

azbi zouma tomori alonso 

kovacic jorginho mount 

willian Abraham CHO 

subs , caba, James,  Barkley, pedro, pulisic, Batman, giroud 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jezq8 said:

I don’t think this will be easy I can see Newcastle trying to frustrate us. They will most definitely try to make use of our defensive fragility by trying to score from set pieces.

 

the team I would go with based on the injuries is 

kepa 

azbi zouma tomori alonso 

kovacic jorginho mount 

willian Abraham CHO 

subs , caba, James,  Barkley, pedro, pulisic, Batman, giroud 

 

I reckon they will go 4-5-1 and bring on Carroll with 20 mins to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should sit Kante out for a couple of weeks, that's like his 3rd or 4th knock this season and it's only October. 

We haven't got any massive games besides the European ones in the next few weeks, I think we can risk it, we've done well without him so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dan_cfc said:

We've been terribly unlucky with injuries this season, we've generally had very few injuries in recent years.

What is actually wrong with Rudiger by the way no real sign of a return any time soon.

We've got 3 midfielders out, very unfortuante. Looks like we're going to have to go with Barkley in the middle again. 

Rudiger is certainly worrying me, since his last injury I've seen nothing, I keep checking online, I hope this doesn't drag out all season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think we should sit Kante out for a couple of weeks, that's like his 3rd or 4th knock this season and it's only October. 

We haven't got any massive games besides the European ones in the next few weeks, I think we can risk it, we've done well without him so far. 

I can see we rest him just for the next int break mid November to get injured again

Edited by mojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, robdog said:

update on Christensen's status

 

Need to keep Kante and Kova fresh. We have a long season ahead of us. I believe we can afford to rest both. I don't like to see Barkley at CM but we need the height in midfield as I can see a lot of hoofballs going around. 

I'd go with a Barkley, Jorginho, Mount midfield and have Willian and CHO attacking them with Pulisic coming on in 2nd half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slojo said:

We've got 3 midfielders out, very unfortuante. Looks like we're going to have to go with Barkley in the middle again. 

Rudiger is certainly worrying me, since his last injury I've seen nothing, I keep checking online, I hope this doesn't drag out all season. 

Rudiger is back in training, has been since before the international break. The only problem is his match fitness. This game has probably come a bit to soon for him, but could feature against Ajax or maybe Burnley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2019 at 22:33, Strider6003 said:

I reckon they will go 4-5-1 and bring on Carroll with 20 mins to go.

We'll be 4-0 up by then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-1-4-1/4-3-3                    

                      Kepa
Azpi - Zouma - Tomori - Alonso
                   Jorginho
             Mount - Barkley
   Willian - Giroud - Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Pedro, Rudiger, Batshuayi, Tammy, Gilmour, Pulisic, Caballero

Tammy may be rusty after the international break so I'd go with Giroud. Newcastle will park the bus, 5-4-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamps has just said injuries as follows:

 

Kante out for tomorrows game

Kovacic is training and available

Barkley is fit 

Christensen out for two weeks with his hamstring

Rudiger is training outside with physios, no mention when he'll be back though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kepa

Azpi  Zouma  Tomori  Alonso

Jorginho   Kovacic

CHO   Mount   Willian

Tammy

Think the team pretty much picks itself this week. Pedro could possibly start but Willian is a favourite and CHO is coming off the back of a good international break. 

Argument for Barkley to get a look in after good internationals but looks so poor compared to everyone mentioned above in a Chelsea shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lampard says there could have been better communication between Chelsea and the France national team over Kante's injury. The player could have been back here for treatment earlier. #CHENEW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...