coco

Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Sat 19th Oct 15:00 GMT

Just now, Jezq8 said:

Poor first half in terms of chances created.

newcastle are here to frustrate 

This was never going to be an easy game, Newcastle having had all week to prepare and still on the high from the Utd victory....pack the defence and midfield, frustrate the better opponent and hope for something on the break or a dead ball chance.  One goal either way win this...one the plus side Spurs are still in a downward spiral..:laugh2:

CHO has been the best player by far. 

I think Barkley coming off will help, he was a passenger in that game and sloppy, I wish it wasn't an injury though but oh well. 

But I think this game is crying out for wingbacks, Alonso and Azpilcueta both aren't a threat to spread to Newcastle out. 

4 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

Pathetic no excuse to play like this at home against Newcastle 

I think your expectations are too high....coming off an international break, with only a couple of days to prepare whereas the barcodes have had nearly two weeks of drilling the defence to frustrate....Newcastle and Bruce are no mugs...ask Utd and Spurs

Dreadful first half, 0 creation in the attack to be honest.

Newcastle are simply defending with their whole team, 9 defenders while we attacking. 

We must move the ball faster from side to side and move Newcastle players from their positions, find the space for Abraham. CHO is amazing in doing it, I think he has been the best player on the pitch.

Our possession is big but isn't correct, we have to run all the things much faster and do it from side to side, let Newcastle run from left to right until we will find the hole.

Until now the game is going for a draw, which isn't good for us.

COME ON CHELS!!!!

Frustrating, chelsea a not a great team yet, agree with Slojo that if fit Kovacic will contribute more than an injured Barkley. Tammy hardly involved

Decent 20 mins at the start, but we have struggled through midfield. 

Barkley shouldve come off sooner, clearly didnt shake off that earlier injury.

CHO has been good, but we need to step it up, if we want 3 points today. 

4 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

I think your expectations are too high....coming off an international break, with only a couple of days to prepare whereas the barcodes have had nearly two weeks of drilling the defence to frustrate....Newcastle and Bruce are no mugs...ask Utd and Spurs

Too high? Leicester put five past them the game before utd and I’m pretty sure that utd and spurs are their only victories. So no not expecting too much for us to come out at HOME and beat a lower opponent if we have any dreams of finishing top 4. 

They’re in 17th right now Newcastle 

Edited by IndianaBlue85

11 minutes ago, Slojo said:

CHO has been the best player by far. 

I think Barkley coming off will help, he was a passenger in that game and sloppy, I wish it wasn't an injury though but oh well. 

But I think this game is crying out for wingbacks, Alonso and Azpilcueta both aren't a threat to spread to Newcastle out. 

was going to say the same thing. we should go 352...  bring on giroud to partner tammy

13 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

Too high? Leicester put five past them the game before utd and I’m pretty sure that utd and spurs are their only victories. So no not expecting too much for us to come out at HOME and beat a lower opponent if we have any dreams of finishing top 4. 

They’re in 17th right now Newcastle 

league position means nothing in this league