coco

Watford vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 2nd Nov 17:30 GMT

Just now, Gol15 said:

Honestly Jorghy hit his leg it was a contact. For example, in La liga that's 100% a penalty.

I don't like it but under current VAR rules it is a pen, they are much more strict and remove a lot of interpretation from it, if it was a challenge and he didn't get the ball but did get the man then it's a pen. They don't look at amount of force used or how unnatural the fall looks any more. Taylor knew it wasn't a pen but had to give it

As bad as that VAR decision was we had 3 chances to clear it.

When Kovacic done that unnecessary flick that was a bad sign that we thought the game was already won at 2-0.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Honestly Jorghy hit his leg it was a contact. For example, in La liga that's 100% a penalty.

So why wasn't CHO's a penalty last week? There was contact, Tarkowski still touched CHO but he pulled out, that was the reason why it wasn't given. There was still contact, Jorginho was pulling out there was minimal contact, the ball was going out and he wasn't tripped over, there was a 2 second delay, go watch the replay. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

That minute before the penalty when we were pissing about annoyed the f**k out of me, it was way too much, overdoing it and I'm a big fan of the way we play it out from the back, it tires the opposition. 

But that penalty call was appaling, how people are defending that call online I have no idea, is this what the sport has come to? If that's a penalty anything is. Delefeu went down about 2 seconds later holding his knee because the ball was going out, Jorginho was pulling out of the challenge. By this logic how the f**k did CHO not get a penalty when there was contact? So it's just contact and it's a penalty now then? f**king ridiculous, Mike Dean needs to retire asap, the senile old fool keeps making disgusting mistakes like this. 

Yeah it got a bit too cute for me there. Kova pass to jorginho practically on the goal line! It’ll be costly one day, one thinks. Still, outrageous decision. And otherwise brilliant performance from those two and the team in general.0-4 would have reflected realities on the pitches better.

Just now, Slojo said:

So why wasn't CHO's a penalty last week? There was contact, Tarkowski still touched CHO but he pulled out, that was the reason why it wasn't given. There was still contact, Jorginho was pulling out there was minimal contact, the ball was going out and he wasn't tripped over, there was a 2 second delay, go watch the replay. 

I know what you're saying. It's all bs.

Coming out of vicarage rd nd all I can think is what the f**k VAR is for. Never a penalty. Other than that we should have won it 3 or 4 nil.

3 minutes ago, Crem said:

Have to admit I think VAR is a good thing. It’ll come good in the end - it’s just a pity lessons are being cruelty learnt. They need to get the club managers back together to help them iron out these issues.

I was in a similar mind at the start of the season, I thought it would make things fairer and the officials would have less of an effect on the game. But now I would say the opposite has happened, it's given them more opportunity to manipulate the games. When you have a decision like the 'penalty' today compared to CHO against Burnley it just beggars believe.

After last weekend we were the club most 'penalised' by VAR this season (something like minus 4 decisions against us, no decisions at all in our favour), and I have a feeling we still will be at the end of of this weekend. 

Remember that one Dave should have got against Norwich as well.

15 minutes ago, Sindre said:

That's just plain wrong.

And Kovacic have been absolutely fantastic.

Biggest dive i've ever seen.

... and if that was the other way round on one of our players you would say the complete opposite.

Kovacic gave a ball back inside our own box towards are own goal. Jorginho wasn't expecting it and was static. Not his fault given the circumstances. Delafaueo had the forward momentum and won the ball. Jorginho did the only he could and clearly tripped him. That is a cast iron penalty.

We really need to learn when to hoof the ball when we are under pressure in our own box  and no clear outlets are available.

So many positives from this game. Kova and Zouma can take a bow. Pulisic has better movement than Hazard which led to the 2nd goal. 

Foster was almost superhuman, channeling prime *insert goalkeeping legend here*. 

Jorginho was decent until the pen. Should not overplay in our own box, should have just whack it out.

It hurts my heart seeing Kova play like a combination of Modric and Hazard yet can't score. Frank needs to have him spend 1-2 hours after training to work on his long range shooting. 

Just now, RMH said:

Coming out of vicarage rd nd all I can think is what the f**k VAR is for. Never a penalty. Other than that we should have won it 3 or 4 nil.

We would have if forster didn't have a stormer. 

VAR? Var didn't draw lines, nor calculate angles, it was Mike Dean's decision. The thing about Var is that in order to change the referee decision it should be 100% incorrect. Was it? No. They twist it like it's good for them. There is no VAR, it's still up to these corrupted twats in FA. 

On 01/11/2019 at 19:27, seveN said:

I can see us winning like 1-2. Definitely not feeling that is going to be an easy game for us. Hope Alonso sits

Easier said than done. It's so easy to call penaltys against Chelsea. 3 important points in the long run.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Just because it's in La Liga, it doesn't mean it's a penalty. That league is the softest league in Europe. They sent off Modric at the start of season because he slipped and caught a player. 

Also, contact doesn't mean penalty either. Jorginho didn't impede the player, Deulofeu had already over ran the ball and took a step forward after being touched and then threw himself to the floor. How any ref can think that is a penalty I will never know.

The whole squad needs to just be killers, it doesn't matter that you're dominating the game what matters more is to be competitive, score 10 goals if you can and shake hands at the final whistle. We could have scored like 6 goals, 3 in first half and 3 in second. 

1 minute ago, just said:

... and if that was the other way round on one of our players you would say the complete opposite.

Kovacic gave a ball back inside our own box towards are own goal. Jorginho wasn't expecting it and was static. Not his fault given the circumstances. Delafaueo had the forward momentum and won the ball. Jorginho did the only he could and clearly tripped him. That is a cast iron penalty.

We really need to learn when to hoof the ball when we are under pressure in our own box  and no clear outlets are available.

True re that back pass. Way too risky. Still think it was a soft pen though.

Great win, come on Chelsea!!, f**k VAR & Mike Dean. This will destroy the game,, it can be used to influence results, it's worse than match fixing!! So happy for the boys, we should have won that by 3-4 goals

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Just because it's in La Liga, it doesn't mean it's a penalty. That league is the softest league in Europe. They sent off Modric at the start of season because he slipped and caught a player. 

Also, contact doesn't mean penalty either. Jorginho didn't impede the player, Deulofeu had already over ran the ball and took a step forward after being touched and then threw himself to the floor. How any ref can think that is a penalty I will never know.

I know what you mean but consider that from a particular angle it can be interpreted as if Jorghy just got dribbled and hit the leg of the opposition player which is a foul otherwise anywhere on the pitch so the excuse for this ref is just monkey logic...there is contact = there is penalty.