coco

Watford vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 2nd Nov 17:30 GMT

4 minutes ago, loz said:
11 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

All I'll say is, what we saw today from him, there are very few midfielders in the world that can play like that. He was f**king unbelievable, in my eyes.

Really? I thought he had a great game today but Watford were poor. You honestly think there are very few midfielders in the world who wouldn't have thrived against a poor Watford team? That's not a dig at him, he can only perform against what is put in front of him but the idea that many quality midfielders wouldn't have shone against Watford today seems odd to me.

It's the way he played loz. I'm sure there are many midfielders that would have shone, yes, but it's just the way he did it. It's personal taste I suppose. I just loving watching him play. He's become my favourite player in this team. I wouldn't drop him for anyone.

It's the way he played loz. I'm sure there are many midfielders that would have shone, yes, but it's just the way he did it. It's personal taste I suppose. I just loving watching him play. He's become my favourite player in this team. I wouldn't drop him for anyone.
Fair enough. So when Kante is fit is it Jorginho or Mount you'd drop?

1 minute ago, loz said:

There was clear contact. The sort of contact that players from every team go down from week in week out. I guess it depends if you think a foul needs a player to go down before it's a foul. Jorginho catches him and is nowhere near the ball. It's a foul so has to be a penalty.

I think if a player takes a full step after a "foul" and has to throw his leg weirdly forward because he realised he wasn't getting the ball then its not a penalty. It was stupid by jorginho to even give the ref an opportunity, but f**k me that's a dive. But even then, the fact Dean took 5 minutes to see if it was a clear and obvious mistake shows how wrong a var decision it was. How can it be clear and obvious but need 5 minutes of checking half a dozen angles over and over. 

Just now, loz said:
2 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Fair enough. So when Kante is fit is it Jorginho or Mount you'd drop?

I'd have Kante on the bench, and Rudiger. This team is clicking. Why change it? I thought Mount was fantastic today too. He's the real deal IMO. 

As for the pen, I agree with you on that, it's contact. Hazard would have gone down and we'd all have been shouting pen. If I had my way however, contact wouldn't necessarily mean foul, but in the modern game it does, so that's a pen. Callum should have had a pen last weekend on the same basis. I loathe VAR with a passion.

I think if a player takes a full step after a "foul" and has to throw his leg weirdly forward because he realised he wasn't getting the ball then its not a penalty. It was stupid by jorginho to even give the ref an opportunity, but f**k me that's a dive. But even then, the fact Dean took 5 minutes to see if it was a clear and obvious mistake shows how wrong a var decision it was. How can it be clear and obvious but need 5 minutes of checking half a dozen angles over and over. 
I agree it shouldn't take that long and I agree he went down way after the foul. But it was still a foul. Jorginho catches him. That's just a fact and that makes it a foul. I don't particularly like it but that's where the game is now. It's similar to NFL. If it's a foul it's a foul, it doesn't matter if there was or wasn't an advantage denied.

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

The trouble is, if he doesn't dive, he knows the ref won't look at it, so he decides to go down, albeit belatedly, knowing he's been touched.

I'd have Kante on the bench, and Rudiger. This team is clicking. Why change it? I thought Mount was fantastic today too. He's the real deal IMO. 

As for the pen, I agree with you on that, it's contact. Hazard would have gone down and we'd all have been shouting pen. If I had my way however, contact wouldn't necessarily mean foul, but in the modern game it does, so that's a pen. Callum should have had a pen last weekend on the same basis. I loathe VAR with a passion.
Wow. Kante is, in your words 'f**king unbelievable'. He genuinely is one of the best players in the world. He is in my team every week when fit.

Just now, loz said:
4 minutes ago, dkw said:

I agree it shouldn't take that long and I agree he went down way after the foul. But it was still a foul. Jorginho catches him. That's just a fact and that makes it a foul. I don't particularly like it but that's where the game is now. It's similar to NFL. If it's a foul it's a foul, it doesn't matter if there was or wasn't an advantage denied.

Don't start with nfl, so many bloody yellow flags..... 

I hate this thinking that contact means foul now, and that's pretty much where the game is now as you say unfortunately. Surely you agree that there wasnt enough in that touch to make him hit the deck, or for it to impede him in any way. 

I hate this thinking that contact means foul now, and that's pretty much where the game is now as you say unfortunately. Surely you agree that there wasnt enough in that touch to make him hit the deck, or for it to impede him in any way. 
Yes I do. But players have gone down for less than that for years. VAR just makes it more visible. VAR isn't why the game is where its at. It's been going on for for decades.

5 minutes ago, loz said:
8 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Wow. Kante is, in your words 'f**king unbelievable'. He genuinely is one of the best players in the world. He is in my team every week when fit.

Well yes, but all Kova can do is grab his chance when Kante is out. I firmly believe that if you're performing you deserve to stay in the team. Luckily it's not my problem.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Coming from a yank....I absolutely hate the NFL. Too many commercials, too many flags, too many fouls, too many interruptions, too many rests, too many timeouts, etc. etc.. I've stopped watching the NFL for many years now.

3 hours of TV for 1 hour of game time. Insane.

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

I'd have Kante on the bench, and Rudiger. This team is clicking. Why change it? 

When fit, I'd bring Rudi back in place of Tomori, who I think is struggling a bit.

Kanté is world class. he needs to play. remember the game vs utd midweek ? he'll do marvellously well in this team. I reckon I'd drop either mount or willian (harsh indeed since both have been pretty good so far) now that kovavic is starting to settle in.

Outstanding win as it was the response I was looking for after a disappointing loss midweek against United. Watford threw everything at us towards the end, but to be able to hold firm is a testament to the character of the team.

I'm adamant that Watford's penalty was not a penalty. I acknowledge Jorginho made small contact but the way the Watford player took an extra step forward before going down suggested it wasn't a penalty in my mind.

Great save by Kepa. Had to take his best effort to keep Foster's header out of the goal.

Jorginho was my Man of the Match but Abraham's goal and assist deserves to be acknowledged.

Apparently, we  equalled our best away winning streak (7 games) in all competitions which is the first time this happened since February-April 1989.

59 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Coming from a yank....I absolutely hate the NFL. Too many commercials, too many flags, too many fouls, too many interruptions, too many rests, too many timeouts, etc. etc.. I've stopped watching the NFL for many years now.

3 hours of TV for 1 hour of game time. Insane.

Coming form a Brit, I think Baseball is a much better sport! Second only to football in team sports.

31 minutes ago, Dixons said:

They said Frank said it all so didn't bother. In other words, they all thought it was a joke decision so no further comment needed.

That's progress from them. They aren't totally deluded after all

5 hours ago, Dixons said:

They said Frank said it all so didn't bother. In other words, they all thought it was a joke decision so no further comment needed.

thanks, I was watching a dodgy stream

7 hours ago, dkw said:

Completely agree with you re both.

Contact with a player, seems to mean foul nowadays !

8 hours ago, Dixons said:

Oh that's OK then, it's not like they are paid to analyse and discuss things that happen in games or anything... 

2 hours ago, abramovich said:

I thought Azpilicueta was poor. Quite a few terrible passes and looked gassed defensively. Against a better side he'd be in real trouble.

Agree he had a poor game and he looks vulnerable and slow. Deep down inside i am still hoping he can regain his form and be again the mighty defender he once was... But as it stands it looks like he is taking the Ivanovic/Cahill path and we might need to have a solid replacement for next seaaon. 

Agree he had a poor game and he looks vulnerable and slow. Deep down inside i am still hoping he can regain his form and be again the mighty defender he once was... But as it stands it looks like he is taking the Ivanovic/Cahill path and we might need to have a solid replacement for next seaaon. 
That's what James is being lined up for.