coco

Chelsea v Ajax (CL) Tue 5th Nov 20:00 GMT

4 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Uefa have confirmed it was for handball. Ridiculous booking in my opinion. Criminal in fact. There's nothing he could do. He was literally trying to pull his hand away, but there was no time. If the rules say it was a booking, why wasn't Abraham booked as well, when our goal was disallowed?

It was a clear handball. The shot was 100% on target, he stopped it with his hand. I don't know what else can be said there...Tammy didn't see the ball, Veltman was fully aware of what he was doing.

Just now, loz said:
5 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Uefa have confirmed it was for handball. Ridiculous booking in my opinion. Criminal in fact. There's nothing he could do. He was literally trying to pull his hand away, but there was no time. If the rules say it was a booking, why wasn't Abraham booked as well, when our goal was disallowed?

Exactly. It was a farcical decision. We got off the hook big time tonight. Even against 9 men we looked capable of losing it. The youngsters, possibly understandably, had no idea how to take advantage of the tow man advantage and the more experienced players didn't seem able to influence them in the way you might expect.

I think that's where Lampard showed his inexperience. Having said that, we had more than enough chances to win it, although they had one or two of their own.

Great game. Ajaz are an excellent young team, as are we. The pace in the first 20 minutes was incredible. Thought James, Kova and Jorginho, Pulisic excellent on the night. Great morale booster to get back to 4 all and although disappointed not to win it the draw will definitely build the team's self belief. Dave was much better as left back than right back, thought he looked pretty average in H1. CHO hasn't yet quite got his head in the right place at this level either over doing it or too cautious but I think he will settle down by xmas. Great to watch this year the Chelsea

1 minute ago, loz said:
6 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Exactly. It was a farcical decision. We got off the hook big time tonight. Even against 9 men we looked capable of losing it. The youngsters, possibly understandably, had no idea how to take advantage of the tow man advantage and the more experienced players didn't seem able to influence them in the way you might expect.

Bit harsh that we were 4-2 down, got it back to 4-4 and woulda been 5-4 if not for handball decision. I think they done well, probably should have put Ajax under a bit more pressure but ‘no idea’ is a little harsh all things considered.

Coming away from that feeling a little disappointed we couldn't get the win is actually weirdly positive. We were 3-1 down at HT and 4-1 down part way through the second half, so pulling it back to 4-4, technically scoring a 5th and creating several more chances is huge. I know they had 2 men sent off, but the fact our young squad were able to capitalise on that rather than being a bit overwhelmed shows a great mentality.

All in all a great evenings entertainment, with it all still to play for in the CL! 

Just now, Davey Baby said:

No offence mate but you need to go to Specsavers.

I do wear glasses already and I saw that he was right in front of Tammy, stopped his shot with his hand blatantly. What else do you need?

2 minutes ago, coco said:

Auto yellow, he couldnt not book him.

I know it went in our favour but it drives me mad. We got a pen, to get a second booking on top is way too harsh. It's beyond a farce. He literally could do nothing about it.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It was a clear handball. The shot was 100% on target, he stopped it with his hand. I don't know what else can be said there...Tammy didn't see the ball, Veltman was fully aware of what he was doing.

Plus Veltman's first yellow was for a cynical nasty shove on Willian so I'm glad the bloke walked. 

Just now, Gol15 said:

I do wear glasses already and I saw that he was right in front of Tammy, stopped his shot with his hand blatantly. What else do you need?

I need you to change your glasses.

It's great that the team regrets not winning. Shows how determined those blokes are ! Now they ABSOLUTELY NEED to play better against valencia to not concede 4 ridiculous goals this time ...

3 minutes ago, loz said:
8 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

You're making it sound like we were sh*t allnight and they were great.

2 of their goals were deflections. We had a goal disallowed. Tammy missed a great chance and we had way more attempts at goal. Fair result.

Some Match.

Think we are lucky to get the draw but I’ll take it. Lots of good and bad in the whole match.

Good.

Zouma , Jorginho pens, James, Lampard replacing Alonso at half time. Ajax are a ballsey lot still attacking when down to 9.

Poor.

Alonso, Kepa, Alonso, Willian, Alonso, Tammy and Alonso. Defending from set pieces.

Highlight from the whole match was Zouma’s run and Lampard’s reaction to it was gold.

Bit harsh that we were 4-2 down, got it back to 4-4 and woulda been 5-4 if not for handball decision. I think they done well, probably should have put Ajax under a bit more pressure but ‘no idea’ is a little harsh all things considered.
I don't think it's harsh. We only really scored 1 goal against 9 as the penalty to take it to 4 3 was all part of the same incident. For about 20 minutes we were at home against 9 men and they looked as likely as us to score for large parts of it. We never looked like a team playing intelligently. Against 9 men there is space everywhere. You keep playing short quick passes. There is no need to dribble round two players or go for extravagant pin point accuracy balls over the top. Keep it simple. We never did that.

1 minute ago, Davey Baby said:

I know it went in our favour but it drives me mad. We got a pen, to get a second booking on top is way too harsh. It's beyond a farce. He literally could do nothing about it.

Its all a farce, bringing in a plethora of new rules alongside VAR, all at the same time, what could go wrong ??

1 minute ago, Davey Baby said:

I need you to change your glasses.

No I don't. But maybe you should check the replay instead, the handball was such an easy call, no Var needed. I don't know how obvious does it need to be for you to approve it.

1 minute ago, Dixons said:

You're making it sound like we were sh*t allnight and they were great.

2 of their goals were deflections. We had a goal disallowed. Tammy missed a great chance and we had way more attempts at goal. Fair result.

We brought Bats on. he had two shots less than six yards from goal and shanked them both

2 minutes ago, loz said:
8 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I don't think it's harsh. We only really scored 1 goal against 9 as the penalty to take it to 4 3 was all part of the same incident. For about 20 minutes we were at home against 9 men and they looked as likely as us to score for large parts of it. We never looked like a team playing intelligently. Against 9 men there is space everywhere. You keep playing short quick passes. There is no need to dribble round two players or go for extravagant pin point accuracy balls over the top. Keep it simple. We never did that.

That's because of the immaturity in the squad, mind you Willian was making stupid decisions also, kept slowing the play down. 

But CHO in the 90th minute trying to flick it past their player in the box summed it up, inexperience.

Just now, Gol15 said:

No I don't. But maybe you should check the replay instead, the handball was such an easy call, no Var needed. I don't know how obvious does it need to be for you to approve it.

It was handball, according to the new rules. I'm just saying it wasn't deliberate, as you state. Not that it makes a difference either way.

Oh lord :laugh2: Just got Joe Cole through the barriers to the Millennium hotel at the Bridge. Just when I was asking a security guard how to negotiate the barriers, a guy - obviously Joey Cole - asked the same question. I could show my hotel key card, but the guard asked Joe Do you have a ticket or a card? And I exclaimed He's a former player, yeah! So we could both go through, and Joe, clearly in a rush, panted Thank you at me. In the hotel lobby there was an opportunity to try and talk to him, but as he was clearly in a hurry, I let him off the hook.

I keep bumping into our old boys :brunette:

Edited by Valerie

From looking at the highlights again Veltman saw the shot and with the new rules saying his arm impeding the shot makes it a pen so it should be, but it wasn't intentional so a 2nd yellow was harsh.

Tammy's handball was freaking insane as it deflected onto his hand and he had no idea where the ball was, overall we got the better 'deal' and the 2nd yellow was the thing that even gave us a chance to draw, 9 man Ajax was still capable of making a chance against us let alone 10

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Its all a farce, bringing in a plethora of new rules alongside VAR, all at the same time, what could go wrong ??

It's almost getting to the point where if your defender gets booked, you'll have to sub him straight away, because you can't risk it.

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Oh lord :laugh2: Just got Joe Cole through the barriers to the Millennium hotel at the Bridge. Just when I was asking a security guard how to negotiate the barriers, a guy - obviously Joey Cole - asked the same question. I could show my hotel key card, but the guard asked Joe Do you have a ticket or a card? And I exclaimed He's a former player, yeah! So we could both go through, and Joe, clearly in a rush, panted Thank you at me. In the hotel lobby there was an opportunity to try and talk to him, but as he was clearly in a hurry, I let him off the hook.

I keep bumping into our old boys :brunette:

Stalking them more like.