coco

Chelsea v Ajax (CL) Tue 5th Nov 20:00 GMT

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

First day back at the office after the match. Much complaining by colleagues about the referee, much smiling and saying Ajax f**ked it up themselves from me :laugh2:

If any opposition fan ever moans about a ref in a Chelsea match you just reply ‘Tom Henning Ovrebo’ and walk away. There’s not enough karma in the world to ever make up for that sh*t show. 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

If any opposition fan ever moans about a ref in a Chelsea match you just reply ‘Tom Henning Ovrebo’ and walk away. There’s not enough karma in the world to ever make up for that sh*t show. 

Very true.

Or the ref Lubos Michel who allowed that Liverpool goal that never was in 2005 Champions League Semi Final away leg in May 2005.

The only 'goal' of the entire tie...

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

They wouldn't have a clue what that was all about, so I've used Tagliafigo's hands ball in the first match instead as karma example.

Some are seriously suggesting bribery now. It's beyond grasping at straws, f**king idiots :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

They wouldn't have a clue what that was all about, so I've used Tagliafigo's hands ball in the first match instead as karma example.

Some are seriously suggesting bribery now. It's beyond grasping at straws, f**king idiots :laugh2:

Just as well Jose isn't in charge of us then !

Jose loved a conspiracy theory, just imagine his reaction on hearing this...:biggrin:

Edited by erskblue

You wouldn't see that sort of irrational 'infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me' thinking on here would you...

21 minutes ago, loz said:
31 minutes ago, Valerie said:

You wouldn't see that sort of irrational 'infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me' thinking on here would you...

Nope...

Well, actually...

Edited by erskblue

I cannot pardon Lampard for starting Alonso in this match, why was he resting Emerson, with all the rest the guy had when he was injured, he came back and played against Watford, our defence looked so good in the game, then suddenly three days after against Ajax, Lampard didn't even put him in the entire squad. These things are showing me that Lampard is not a good coach. It is in big games that you know a top coach. During Mourinho's days, he will adjust his formation and team selection so that he can present a very good team to beat a top team. He will not use the same team he had been using to beat small teams against big team. you can use an average team to beat average teams in the premier league, but you must create and craft a very top team from your squad to beat the top teams in the champions league and in the premier league. I've not seen that from Lampard anytime we are playing the top teams this season, Liverpool, Man Utd (twice) and Leicester, have been poor matches for us because Lampard has had very poor big match management skills. And the problem is our midfield, and that is where Mourinho adjusts to win some of these matches.  At best, Jorginho is a physically weak player, and that is the reason he shouldn't be playing in that position against top teams. That position is expected to protect the back four, but can Jorginho protect the back four when we are playing against very good attackers and midfielders who move the ball very fast,  the answer is no. Reece James is bigger and stronger, he has played as a defensive midfielder before at Wigan, I was expecting that Lampard would develop that guy to play instead of Jorginho when we are playing against top teams. Against Ajax, we couldn't even get the ball at all in the midfield because nobody was strong enough to tackle Ajax players in the midfield and collect the ball. That was why Mourinho developed Mctominay at Man Utd, played Makalele at Chelsea, developed Mikel to replace Makalele at chelsea when Makalele left. He knows the importance of protecting the back four. 

31 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

I cannot pardon Lampard for starting Alonso in this match, why was he resting Emerson, with all the rest the guy had when he was injured, he came back and played against Watford, our defence looked so good in the game, then suddenly three days after against Ajax, Lampard didn't even put him in the entire squad. These things are showing me that Lampard is not a good coach. It is in big games that you know a top coach. During Mourinho's days, he will adjust his formation and team selection so that he can present a very good team to beat a top team. He will not use the same team he had been using to beat small teams against big team. you can use an average team to beat average teams in the premier league, but you must create and craft a very top team from your squad to beat the top teams in the champions league and in the premier league. I've not seen that from Lampard anytime we are playing the top teams this season, Liverpool, Man Utd (twice) and Leicester, have been poor matches for us because Lampard has had very poor big match management skills. And the problem is our midfield, and that is where Mourinho adjusts to win some of these matches.  At best, Jorginho is a physically weak player, and that is the reason he shouldn't be playing in that position against top teams. That position is expected to protect the back four, but can Jorginho protect the back four when we are playing against very good attackers and midfielders who move the ball very fast,  the answer is no. Reece James is bigger and stronger, he has played as a defensive midfielder before at Wigan, I was expecting that Lampard would develop that guy to play instead of Jorginho when we are playing against top teams. Against Ajax, we couldn't even get the ball at all in the midfield because nobody was strong enough to tackle Ajax players in the midfield and collect the ball. That was why Mourinho developed Mctominay at Man Utd, played Makalele at Chelsea, developed Mikel to replace Makalele at chelsea when Makalele left. He knows the importance of protecting the back four. 

Are you this guy?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/625890/frank-lampard-jose-mourinho-chelsea-stunning-talksport-call/amp/

18 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

No, look at the tone of my post, Im not saying Lampard should go or be Mourinho's assistant. One of the best traits to have as a person is to allow people to criticise you. If you hate criticisms, its a sign that you are still immature. Im only criticising Lampard, and it is meant to improve him as a manager.

1 hour ago, hephzibah said:

No, look at the tone of my post, Im not saying Lampard should go or be Mourinho's assistant. One of the best traits to have as a person is to allow people to criticise you. If you hate criticisms, its a sign that you are still immature. Im only criticising Lampard, and it is meant to improve him as a manager.

I'm sure Frank looks forward to your next critique and will take on board those insightful comments. Your point about Jorginho again is something that Frank needs to pick up on. He really can't play in that position and needs to be shifted somewhere else. Perhaps the bench?

Not only would Mourinho have shuffled the midfield pack to deal with Ajax's attack he would surely give invaluable advice on how to integrate the young players into the team. Frank and the fans would welcome such assistance at this difficult time.