Kev56

Next window

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Erm.. A world class tough-tackling midfielder, a world class back 5, and keep the £500mn odd balance for other investments?

I don't agree with selling Kante either but for me there's only one who comes close to his level... Aranguiz. He's actually a year older but out of contract next summer.

(I'd like to think Anjorin will be Kante's long term replacement btw)

Edited by the special one

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I'm the mad bastard who thinks if we swapped kante for a 6 foot central midfielder who can pass and retain possession, our team would improve. I suggested at times that selling hazard would mean our attack improves, which it has. 

Kante is world class at being a midfield player, but offers nothing from set pieces (like kovacic,jorginho and Mount) and offers nothing going forward (like kovacic and jorginho). Kova jorg and Kante in any midfield is a bad midfield, kante, kova + mount is just bad defensively. 

Kante will make the most money out of kovacic and jorginho, by far, and means we can invest in a midfielder that is truly box to box. Or at least able to contribute to set pieces at both ends of the park. 

I see a lot of things wrong with this post but wanted to comment on the bold part specifically: Do you really think our attack wouldn't be better right now with Hazard in the team? Do you not think that our perceived improvement going forward this season might actually be down to the change of manager and finally having a decent striker up front?

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Who What do we buy with that £1bn to replace him? Theres literally no point selling a player that good if you cant even replace him.

A shiny new stadium

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

I see a lot of things wrong with this post but wanted to comment on the bold part specifically: Do you really think our attack wouldn't be better right now with Hazard in the team? Do you not think that our perceived improvement going forward this season might actually be down to the change of manager and finally having a decent striker up front?

I don't think it would be better at all. I thought hazard dragged all play towards him and he slowed the game down. When hazard wasn't performing well, no one scored. Now we are more balanced. 

This wasnt an opinion only I had last year and it's been shown to be correct. We create and score goals from more parts of the pitch playing a style of football that is closer to what sarri intended. A style that's easier to play when all players are balanced and playing together. 

Some people think when a player is involved in over 50% of all goals he is irreplaceable. I actually think that when it's a wide player its a massive warning sign 

Edited by bisright1

55 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

WtF, sell Kante, not a chance, he gives us an unfair advantage,..........why......because he does the work of 3 people, effectively we are playing with 14 players😉

I love Kante, and he was excellent again tonight, but fussball can deceive - Leicester are 2nd without Kante. I think he suits the open style we're playing with this season, I only question if he'll lead us to titles.

Just now, the special one said:

I love Kante, and he was excellent again tonight, but fussball can deceive - Leicester are 2nd without Kante. I think he suits the open style we're playing with this season, I only question if he'll lead us to titles.

He already did lead us to titles. Same with Leicester he was a key player there as well.

14 minutes ago, the special one said:

You’re the one who wanted us to sign Jack Grealish and now you’re talking about getting rid of Kante.

Great username btw.

44 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

You’re the one who wanted us to sign Jack Grealish and now you’re talking about getting rid of Kante.

Great username btw.

And yet I've never actually said I want to us to sell Kante? If anyone needs to be sold it's Jorginho, imho.

1 minute ago, the special one said:

And yet I've never actually said I want to us to sell Kante? If anyone needs to be sold it's Jorginho, imho.

Jorginho as a key player is essential. He's also the vice-captain now in his second season. 

6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Jorginho as a key player is essential. He's also the vice-captain now in his second season. 

Is he a key player? Would we benefit more with a tough tackling midfielder who can also play a bit too? There's a common theme among the top 3, they all play with a solid DM

Edited by the special one

Just now, the special one said:

Is he a key player? Would we benefit more with a tough tackling midfielder who can also play a bit too? There's a common denominator among the top 3, they all play with a solid DM

He has been for 1.5 seasons, meaning ever since he came here. Only recently he had problems with his role but given that he played the whole game tonight against Lille where he was organizing the whole team it looks like everything is back to normal, Lampard probably knows he's far too important to leave out. He is the deep lying playmaker, Kante doesn't really play that. I stated before that when RLC comes back there shouldn't be a need to buy a central midfielder.

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Great username btw.

Don’t forget Gerard Moreno, Lewis Cook, and something called a Button.

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He has been for 1.5 seasons, meaning ever since he came here. Only recently he had problems with his role but given that he played the whole game tonight against Lille where he was organizing the whole team it looks like everything is back to normal, Lampard probably knows he's far too important to leave out. He is the deep lying playmaker, Kante doesn't really play that. I stated before that when RLC comes back there shouldn't be a need to buy a central midfielder.

Until he gets injured 4 weeks later

If our scouting is good enough, we shouldn't have to pay out loads of money. I hav heard Alex Telles being mentioned as a LB option as a back up I'd we can't get Chillwell. 

I feel like Hudson-Odoi needs to start doing something. He has been mediocre since he returned from injury - misplaced passing, poor shooting, losing possession easily, just doesn't look good right now. If this continues then Sancho or Zaha will be seriously considered. 

We need another CB, but not sure Ake is that guy. Right now we already have Tomori who can be a top class CB. Zouma is settling into the side again, but has shown signs of weakness I'm areas, especially playing out from the back. Christensen needs to get back to good form sooner rather than later. 

I like our current midfield, but feel like we could use a dangerous long range shooting mid, someone like Bruno Fernandes of Sporting. It gives the opposition something to worry about, because right now we don't necessarily have this. 

I don't know. A LB, CB and a attacker would be ideal. The back up striker is another area where we need to look at, but just not sure who would fit that role. Maybe buy Zaha and use him as a striker and wide attacker. Either that or buy Werner. 

14 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I don't think it would be better at all. I thought hazard dragged all play towards him and he slowed the game down. When hazard wasn't performing well, no one scored. Now we are more balanced. 

This wasnt an opinion only I had last year and it's been shown to be correct. We create and score goals from more parts of the pitch playing a style of football that is closer to what sarri intended. A style that's easier to play when all players are balanced and playing together. 

Some people think when a player is involved in over 50% of all goals he is irreplaceable. I actually think that when it's a wide player its a massive warning sign 

I agree with this completely, and was thinking it for the last couple of seasons. I loved Eden playing for us, and I think he's easily the most talented player ever to pull on the blue, but in recent years we weren't as much a team as just a vessel for Hazard. If we tried to play fast attacking football it was great right up until it reached Eden who 4 times in 5 would slow down to walking pace and draw in the defender, while their team would have plenty of time to get back. It also felt like most of the time our attacks followed a fair narrow range of options, mostly tied around Eden and Willian short passing or trying to run their man.

Looking at the difference this year when we have some lightning fast attacks and real variation in attack, and its like night and day. We've lost our best player but my god we're so much more versatile and fun to watch now.

1 hour ago, Kentonio said:

I agree with this completely, and was thinking it for the last couple of seasons. I loved Eden playing for us, and I think he's easily the most talented player ever to pull on the blue, but in recent years we weren't as much a team as just a vessel for Hazard. If we tried to play fast attacking football it was great right up until it reached Eden who 4 times in 5 would slow down to walking pace and draw in the defender, while their team would have plenty of time to get back. It also felt like most of the time our attacks followed a fair narrow range of options, mostly tied around Eden and Willian short passing or trying to run their man.

Looking at the difference this year when we have some lightning fast attacks and real variation in attack, and its like night and day. We've lost our best player but my god we're so much more versatile and fun to watch now.

That is spot on, thats why we should go all out for Aubameyang, Tammy is learning still, P.E.A is complete, the chances we are creating, well i think we need a wide player thats scores plenty, Remember Henry at Barca, wide left,

Pulisic is like Hazard but more direct, and he adds a lot to our game, sadly CHO looks like he's off the pace since his return.

On 11/12/2019 at 17:44, Strider6003 said:

Trying to be realistic I don't see Aubameyang coming to us, he is getting old and wants to win trophies.

Unlikely to happen with us this season.

Does he want to win trophies though? He was getting old when Arsenal signed him, it was his chance to make a final big move to a club that were winning trophies, but instead he took the money Arsenal were offering and dropped down a level. It seems to me that he cares more about the money than the trophies. If he wanted to win trophies, he would have had a better chance at doing that with Dortmund.

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Does he want to win trophies though? He was getting old when Arsenal signed him, it was his chance to make a final big move to a club that were winning trophies, but instead he took the money Arsenal were offering and dropped down a level. It seems to me that he cares more about the money than the trophies. If he wanted to win trophies, he would have had a better chance at doing that with Dortmund.

Well in recent photo shots he doesn't seem happy there.