Kev56

Next window

5 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I don’t see what all the fuss about Ake is about. He’s ok

He's getting better every season though. Been brilliant for Bournemouth this year and we have an option to buy him for £40 million.
I'd be surprised if we don't take that option in the summer.

16 hours ago, Wearyourblue said:

"But otherwise, yes. We need to wait until the end of the season. Personally I think if we start next season with Chilwell, Rudiger, Tomori, R.James, we would have a very effective back 4. But let's see how the year goes. "

I like the pieces, I just don't know if there is a leader of the center backs... which seems to be the problem this season in my mind. David Luiz for his flaws helped keep us organized... and obviously JT took charge back there. We are missing that.

"Also, I don't think we can blame Tomori and Zouma for the 4 goals we conceded last night. We need a left back. We need a left back. We need a left back."

I put these somewhat on Zouma, he's done really well at a lot of things, but he really seems to struggle on balls played between him and Kepa. As a general rule on the second goal, I don't think a ball served in from just outside the box should go over our central defenders heads and hit the ground 8 from the goal in the center of the frame uncleared. We consistently see other teams running to this space and has to be corrected.

I think azpi has to take most of the blame for that second goal, he got caught ball watching, had no idea where Promes was, and he was 3 yards deeper than the rest of the back line, playing promes onside. 

Edited by big blue

4 minutes ago, big blue said:

I think azpi has to take most of the blame for that second goal, he got caught ball watching, had no idea where Promes was, and he was 3 yards deeper than the rest of the back line, playing promes onside. 

I disagree, I blame pretty much everyone there, including whoever left he other man coming into shot on Azpi`s side as he was overloaded with 2 attackers and decided the only thing he could do was try and catch him offside. Not sure who that is in the middle but its him that should have shifted out to cover, he even looks at him. There`s 5 Chelsea players around 3 attackers at the bottom of the screen which has left us struggling in the middle and right defence, its a clusterf**k and very harsh to blame one individual..

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Cheaper wingers?

Sancho is a statement. Chelsea at the top table again. Chelsea with the most exciting squad in Europe. Planning to dominate the 20s. Don't give me cheaper wingers, go out and buy the best and spend the money. 

I agree on ake, I don't think he'd improve our back 4 and would just replace a Christensen. His appeal is his ability to play across the back 4. 

Listen, don’t mistake cheaper for cheap.  There are some really exciting, promising wingers out there that could end up being as good or better than Sancho, and won’t cost upwards of 9 figures.  But like I said, I wouldn’t mind signing Sancho, he’s very good.

Some other options:

Steven Bergwijn

Dani Olmo

Milot Rashica

David Neres

Samuel Chukwueze

Mikel Oyarzabal 

Leon Bailey

All have the potential to be just as good as Sancho and are young.  I’m just saying, Sancho may not be the best purchase based on what else is out there, but he’s really good, he’s English, he’s young, and like you said, it would be a statement signing.

Regarding Ake, I’m glad somebody agrees!  We should be targeting a CB a level above if we are going to sign one at all.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

I disagree, I blame pretty much everyone there, including whoever left he other man coming into shot on Azpi`s side as he was overloaded with 2 attackers and decided the only thing he could do was try and catch him offside. Not sure who that is in the middle but its him that should have shifted out to cover, he even looks at him. There`s 5 Chelsea players around 3 attackers at the bottom of the screen which has left us struggling in the middle and right defence, its a clusterf**k and very harsh to blame one individual..

If Azpilicueta is in line with the back four, which he should be, then that ball isnt even on. I cant agree he was trying to play him offside, because he didnt even look to see where promes was. He wasnt overloaded either, willian was close enough to track Tagliafico. 

We couldve gotten tighter to Ziyech to stop cross, especially since we got away with a similar one in the 1st leg, but not for the 1st time this season, azpi has played onside an attacker, and it cost us a goal. 

He made up for it the second half no doubt, but i think to put the blame towards zouma for that goal, when Azpilicueta does quite a few things wrong, is unfair. 

We're almost over stacked with talent on the left with Kova, Mount, RLC, CHO, Barkley, Pulisic, but a good bit short on the right. We have Kante, but an aging Willian, Pedro looking finished and CHO much better on the left, that side is in  need of a signifcant upgrading.

3 minutes ago, Dixons said:

We're almost over stacked with talent on the left with Kova, Mount, RLC, CHO, Barkley, Pulisic, but a good bit short on the right. We have Kante, but an aging Willian, Pedro looking finished and CHO much better on the left, that side is in  need of a signifcant upgrading.

I am fairly sure we'll go all in for Sancho in the summer. He'd be a terrific addition.

Close friends with Hudson Odoi, loves London and is a fantastic player. Will cost a lot but i hope we get it done.

32 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I am fairly sure we'll go all in for Sancho in the summer. He'd be a terrific addition.

Close friends with Hudson Odoi, loves London and is a fantastic player. Will cost a lot but i hope we get it done.

Are we talking hundred million+ for Sancho?

6 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

We can afford it.

Absolutely. It's a statement signing as much as a good one. We haven't signed anyone at that level of buzz since hazard. Puts us on the map again 

17 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Absolutely. It's a statement signing as much as a good one. We haven't signed anyone at that level of buzz since hazard. Puts us on the map again 

Bust our transfer record by some 50 million, so it's a hell of a lot of money for us. 

Even City and Utd don't go near those kind of fees.

Edited by Dixons

11 minutes ago, Dixons said:

Bust our transfer record by some 50 million, so it's a hell of a lot of money for us. 

Hope we don't go anywhere near Sancho personally, we could buy Gerard Moreno and Jack Grealish for that sort of money.

10 minutes ago, the special one said:

Hope we don't go anywhere near Sancho personally, we could buy Gerard Moreno and Jack Grealish for that sort of money.

I’d be pissed off if we spent 120m on Moreno and Grealish.

Grealish is on the same boat as Barkley at Everton, there’s no guarantee he’s going to become top player

And Moreno, is he really any better than Abraham?

Edited by dansubrosa

8 minutes ago, the special one said:

Why the f**k would we do that. A 27 year old downgrade on our three strikers currently and another Ross Barkley. Those are the signings which have caused us to be outside the top 2. 

21 minutes ago, Dixons said:

United spent 100m on Pogba and 80m on Maguire. City spent over the odds on full backs. 

Liverpool and united would both spunk 120m on sancho. 

Anyway, we aren't accountants. We should want our club to spend the cash. We've got it in the bank!

2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Listen, don’t mistake cheaper for cheap.  There are some really exciting, promising wingers out there that could end up being as good or better than Sancho, and won’t cost upwards of 9 figures.  But like I said, I wouldn’t mind signing Sancho, he’s very good.

Some other options:

Steven Bergwijn

Dani Olmo

Milot Rashica

David Neres

Samuel Chukwueze

Mikel Oyarzabal 

Leon Bailey

All have the potential to be just as good as Sancho and are young.  I’m just saying, Sancho may not be the best purchase based on what else is out there, but he’s really good, he’s English, he’s young, and like you said, it would be a statement signing.

Regarding Ake, I’m glad somebody agrees!  We should be targeting a CB a level above if we are going to sign one at all.

That Victor Osimhen(?) looked a good young striker if Giroud is on the move. 

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

United spent 100m on Pogba and 80m on Maguire. City spent over the odds on full backs. 

Liverpool and united would both spunk 120m on sancho. 

120 million is twice  City's record signing. Talented prospect he might be, but it seems fat too much to me.

38 minutes ago, the special one said:

1l-image-100.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Sancho or new stadium?

You'd rather buy second rate footballers for the same cash. 

Also a stadium is not 120m. 

6 minutes ago, Dixons said:

120 million is twice  City's record signing. Talented prospect he might be, but it seems fat too much to me.

So? Why do you care what city spend? 

United spent 105m on Pogba, Atletico Madrid just exceeded 100 on a 19 year old.

If we didn't sign him and citeh did for 120m, would you regret it?

We all know what the market has come to. 100+ is now a normal price for the high rated young players nowadays. In my opinion Sancho is much more worth the 120 than Felix is and i bet someone will spend that amount of cash to get him. If it's Chelsea it would be a good move, and  like someone said above it would be a statement, so we can show that we are rebuilding but still one of the most relevant english and european teams. And we come from 1 maybe 2 windows without spending money. Good players are for Everton and Wolves etc. We need great players, and great players cost money.

14 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

So? Why do you care what city spend? 

United spent 105m on Pogba, Atletico Madrid just exceeded 100 on a 19 year old.

If we didn't sign him and citeh did for 120m, would you regret it?

City are showing you don't need to splash out such massive money on one player. 

Imho, It's just too much of a big jump in our transfer dealings to go that big on a young player. 

We’d probably get him for less than 120m.

I imagine he’s thinking it’s time he moved back to England, and if he loves London, surely we are the only club? Tottenham are in a mess, and Arsenal, well they’re Arsenal.

5 hours ago, the special one said:

You're either trolling or out of your mind. Sancho is an exceptional player already, never mind his potential.

Jack Grealish!?!? Incredible