coco

Chelsea v Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 9th Nov 12:30 GMT

12 minutes ago, STATS said:

Another win. And got to get a clean sheet too. James was fantastic wow. A little too confident sometimes, but wow he is special. Kovacic, bearing in mind Jorginho was absent and he is not usually in the pivot with Kante, was once again fantastic. Willian top class. Pulisic top class too. Three league games in a row he has scored in and he looks electrifying when he is on the ball, with a purpose. You can see how much improvement he has made. Him being thrown out the limelight for a bit has done him wonders. Did not thought Abraham was at his best today, but another goal and a top finish too. Tomori was solid and Zouma was excellent. Wow, hopefully Leciester beat Arsenal or at worst get a draw and top 4 is looking really good. Nice way to go into the international break.

Agreed with all of this although I feel a draw between Leicester and Arsenal is probably the best result for us.

1 minute ago, Amputechture said:

Agreed with all of this although I feel a draw between Leicester and Arsenal is probably the best result for us.

yes, I am hoping for a draw too. And Man City to beat Liverpool. That will make it interesting :)

3 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

That would be ideal, but if we can't get what we want we'll just have to enjoy another Arsenal defeat 

Vital we won this game with the other 4 teams in the top 5 playing each other.

We’ll make progress on at least 2 of the teams.

6 in a row. We’ve not seen this form since AC run that lead to the prem. There’s no overhauling the dippers but top 4 looks like it could be on, especially if Leicester do the Arse tomorrow.

Can’t see how Alonso gets back in now, Dave can play LB so he’s safer but James imo has taken the RB position after today he had Zaha on toast today.

Clean sheet again at home to boot ! however Kepa had 2 silly moments out the back again. 

All in all a very professional & pleasing performance & if the Vermin take points of City at crapfield they could be 4th tomorrow before we meet them after the break.

Carefree !!!

Was always going to be a tough game against a dour, defensive palace side so that makes the result all the more satisfying...Pulisic and Willian stood out attacking wise and James made zaha look like the overrated player he is...real test next up at city, but things couldn't be going any better

50 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

United fans on Redcafe talking about how they are finding it hard to dislike this side. 

It seems everyone is warming to us, particularly the media. 

I agree. This is becoming more and more a common theme. Even my Arsenal friends, yeah I know everyone has a few I guess, have just raved about our young squad and style and how well Frank has coached them.

59 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Could say the same thing about the 4 points dropped against Sheff Utd and Leicester 

Yes to the Sheff Utd result but not the Leicester, who were the better team after 20 mins. I see that as a decent point against a good team

1 hour ago, Dr Gonzo said:

United fans on Redcafe talking about how they are finding it hard to dislike this side. 

It seems everyone is warming to us, particularly the media. 

On the general football forum, it's praise from lots of fans from other clubs, including Liverpool, Arsenal.

Continue to be impressed (and pleased) how Frank has this squad ready to play against smaller clubs, which have given us a good bit of trouble in recent years. 

Best of all, our players seem to actually enjoy the sport and game. There have been times in the past few years, we have had some players on the pitch that look miserable like they were working in a coal mine. All these guys appear so into the game and care about their teammates. No one appears bigger than the club.

Great effort today, again. Everyone was focused and do not think anyone has just a dog of a game. Thought Kovacic and Kante paired well. AND, my gosh, James is a physical one. He is hard to handle. 

And what about Loftus-Cheek when he returns? We seem so deep all of a sudden. 

This is a lovable team. We are starting to see less and less of the older players. Love Dave, but his time may diminish more and more unfortunately. I think Willian has been the perfect veteran to blend with the younger players.

Pulisic continues to show more and more each week. He is pretty quick with the ball and his moves in the box are outstanding not to mention his passing prowess.

I think we all loved Eden Hazard, but with this group and style, it is incredible how little he is missed. We are no longer one dimensional and endure death by a thousand passes.

I was at the Bridge in April 2017 for the 1-2 loss to Palace. So incredibly frustrating that day. Of course, we beat City 5 days later and won the title, but the recent struggles with the likes of Palace have been maddening. Today was so refreshing!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Can’t believe we’re 2nd.

A bit slow today, but the difference between this and Sheff Utd is a good sign.

Thought James was excellent. Pulisic before we scored looked the most likely to cause some damage. Kovacic was very good.

Palace were surprisingly quiet on and off the pitch.

Well done Frank Lampard. Up the Chels.

2 minutes ago, coco said:

12 league games. 204 shots (2nd). 88 on target (1st). 27 goals (2nd).

Remember when everyone was worried about our attack when Hazard left ?

I think that it would be pretty safe to say that all those that said that we were too much dependent on Hazard, were right.

5 minutes ago, coco said:

12 league games. 204 shots (2nd). 88 on target (1st). 27 goals (2nd).

Remember when everyone was worried about our attack when Hazard left ?

• Chelsea have won six consecutive Premier League games for the first time since May 2017 under Antonio Conte, in their last title-winning season.
  • With an average age of 24 years and 88 days, Chelsea named their youngest ever starting XI in the Premier League, and the youngest of any team in the competition this season.
  • Tammy Abraham is the second youngest player to reach double figures for Premier League goals for Chelsea, after Arjen Robben (21y 342d).
  • Chelsea's Christian Pulisic is the fourth American to score in three consecutive Premier League games, after Clint Dempsey (three times), Joe-Max Moore and Roy Wegerle.

38 minutes ago, coco said:
  • Chelsea's Christian Pulisic is the fourth American to score in three consecutive Premier League games, after Clint Dempsey (three times), Joe-Max Moore and Roy Wegerle.

I thought Pulisic's days of setting records were behind him at Dormtund and the Bundesliga. Glad to see him doing very well and helping the team win games, while still setting records in the EPL for an American. Great times for Chelsea fans, and I am really looking forward to the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, loz said:

Hudson Odoi is going to be kicking his heels a lot this season if Pulisic and William keep up this level of performance.

Other than those two major positive was James who really staked a claim to be a regular.

Only really two negatives

1. Christ we need to practice our set pieces
2. We didn't get any VAR decisions go against us which places our position at the top of the 'we got f**ked over by an offsite ref' league table in jeopardy.

And Kepa needs to improve his distribution.

2 hours ago, AlexTommo said:

Worth a watch. A lot of praise for Chelsea. (From a United fan)

I like this guy, especially when he says Pulisic is twice the player that Saha is....lol

But I do agree with him, if Chelsea goes for Sancho this Jan/Summer; the Chelsea attack is going to be terrifying for the next 5-10 years. I personally don't think Chelsea's board is going to spend their entire transfer budget on 1 single player, because Dortmund is going to ask for A LOT for Sancho.