coco

Chelsea v Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 9th Nov 12:30 GMT

26 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

I like this guy, especially when he says Pulisic is twice the player that Zaha is....lol

But I do agree with him, if Chelsea goes for Sancho this Jan/Summer; the Chelsea attack is going to be terrifying for the next 5-10 years. I personally don't think Chelsea's board is going to spend their entire transfer budget on 1 single player, because Dortmund is going to ask for A LOT for Sancho.

I liked him as well seemed fair, note my correction above.

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Not gonna lie, I didn’t expect Pulisic to have scored as many headers as he has since he joined 😂

Yeah, neither one of his headers involved elevation, but he won one inthe box today and I've seen him win a couple others which woud seem unlikely as short as he is.

My wife saw the replay on the one in the box he floated toward goal, and said he can really jump.  I watched and it looks like he can elevate enough to mix in a header or two.

Man he's been fun to watch.  Elecitric with the ball at is feet.

8 minutes ago, mojo said:

Frank said in his post match conf that he's a little worried about Pulisic hip injury

Don't like the sound of that! 

He's rapidly become an important player, so fingers and toes crossed it's nothing too bad.

1 hour ago, mojo said:

Frank said in his post match conf that he's a little worried about Pulisic hip injury

Frank wants Pulisic to say in London instead of flying across the ocean to participate in a pair of meaningless games.

And I think Pulisic should take up the opportunity to stay put and rest. I think he needs some rest before the City game.

53 minutes ago, robdog said:

giphy.gif

SFL is playing mind games - it's so that the USMNT won't call Puli up during the International Break

USMNT did called him up.

But he now has a very solid excuse to reject, and I wish he will.

7 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I don’t say so, it’s factual information, here is images to simplify it for you:

72F194DA-C109-4971-B3D5-44A2FEF850F5.jpeg.021ea9cf953c50ef496710e7fbdf0f77.jpeg

56FF79AB-BDEE-46E6-B3B6-1B90AE9168F8.jpeg.3591b7b5be257d941ff1e8883af5d3c7.jpeg

I thought both were better off passing. Pulisic did it a couple of times as well. Head is down and there is no thought of anything other than shooting. As a fan it's almost my pet hate.

Make no mistake though, Michy was turning from back to goal onto his weaker foot. His was much worse. Another reason why he will always be a bench player, very selfish, not really capable, or at times it seems, interested in playing a role beyond him scoring. 

Notwithstanding Ajax result it’s encouraging that the defensive stats are trending up. 3 league clean sheets in a row without rudigier. Zouma and tomori improving as a partnership. Even before RLC returns one of Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic/mount is going to miss out now. 

Impressive performance, bold chance to start with James and totally paid it off. I remember Zaha had a few dribbles outside the box, can't remember he did anything else offensively. The team is showing maturity of seasoned professionals. it was going to be difficult crack them, but we just kept going at them, never got frustrated. I expected 4-5 goals Pullisic by the season end, and that's probably a decent return, and he's already there 1/3 season it. Considering a month ago how many people already written him off as another big failure, it's an amazing turn around. How many league goals has Pepe got so far? We are having a laugh now. Pullisic is not a lethal finisher, but he's having a good go at moment, today was an easy goal again but he had the vision and energy to be at the right place for the finish. Finally got a deserved clean sheet, to be fair the last 2 games we defended well, just got at the wrong end of deflection, penalty and a hot shot.

5 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Impressive performance, bold chance to start with James and totally paid it off. I remember Zaha had a few dribbles outside the box, can't remember he did anything else offensively. The team is showing maturity of seasoned professionals. it was going to be difficult crack them, but we just kept going at them, never got frustrated. I expected 4-5 goals Pullisic by the season end, and that's probably a decent return, and he's already there 1/3 season it. Considering a month ago how many people already written him off as another big failure, it's an amazing turn around. How many league goals has Pepe got so far? We are having a laugh now. Pullisic is not a lethal finisher, but he's having a good go at moment, today was an easy goal again but he had the vision and energy to be at the right place for the finish. Finally got a deserved clean sheet, to be fair the last 2 games we defended well, just got at the wrong end of deflection, penalty and a hot shot.

James indeed did very well against Zaha.

Zaha also appears to be not the player he was, not sure if he needs another trick or has plateaued, don't see him currently as a £70m player.  

Have a word to yourselves, all those having regular pops at Tammy. Do it constructively sure, his first touch still needs work, his link up play and headers are not where they should be.

This is his first full season in the PL with a team that believes in him for crying out loud of course he is raw. He has 10 goals on 11 league starts though, that is brilliant, WTF more does he have to do, support our players! The youngsters need it more than others. 

On the game we dominated, complete control. Beautiful first goal, love Pulisic's determination to get the second. James had Zaha in his pocket.

We are a better team with Jorginho playing imo.

Good job lads.