coco

Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sat 23rd Nov 17:30 GMT

I'd be inclined to go with a midfield three, dropping Mount for Jorginho for this one. I'd also play James and Emerson, but would understand playing Azpi for his experience and leadership. Willian, Pulisic and Tammy pick themselves. As do Zouma, Tomori and Kepa.

29 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

If John Stones is playing we might not need three in midfield and can stick to the formation that has delivered six straight wins.

It’s tricky. From SFL’s POV, it’s really risky to tinker with the formation. If we lose, it’ll be coz he tinkered, not coz we’re playing the best team in the land, and we won’t know the counterfactual. If we’re sticking with the same formation, then on current form those two midfield slots have to be occupied by jorginho and Kovacic. I emphasise *on current form* as that trumps all else, reputations etc... Now I’m not among those that criticised Kante on Saturday. He did really well considering how many games he’s been out for. It’s just that the other two are in the form of their careers. 

Just to clarify, just coz it’s risky for SFL to tinker, doesn’t mean he shouldn’t. Playing City probably warrants a slightly more defensive set-up, but I defer to SFL and trust him to get it right.

Depending on the score today against the scumsters, man city could be under huge pressure in front of their home fans by the time we turn up in town.

On the contrary weve built a very comfortable 9 point gap between us and fifth place, we can afford to go for the win and not worry about any consequences, our away record proves we don't feel the pressure.

Start xi

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Azpilcueta

Jorginho  Kovacic 

Willian            Mount           Pulisic

Abraham

90mins

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Azpilcueta

Jorginho  Kovacic 

Kante

Pulisic          Abraham       CHO

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Just to clarify, just coz it’s risky for SFL to tinker, doesn’t mean he shouldn’t. Playing City probably warrants a slightly more defensive set-up, but I defer to SFL and trust him to get it right.

Slightly more defensive, but  Frank's philosophy is to go out and try to win, rather than go out trying not to lose these types of games. 

15 hours ago, Argo said:

Harsh on Emerson but I'll go James RB and Azpi LB for this one.

Up against Mahrez a right footed LB could be a masterstroke.

I agree. I think it would be very naive to approach the game with an attacking line up. 

2 hours ago, Dixons said:

Slightly more defensive, but  Frank's philosophy is to go out and try to win, rather than go out trying not to lose these types of games. 

Yeah I don’t disagree with this

46 minutes ago, Dixons said:

With City very rarely losing two consecutive games i'm hoping they get a point today.

On the flip side, if this stays at is it the atmosphere will be very tense which could suit us, especially if we take the lead.

27 minutes ago, Argo said:

On the flip side, if this stays at is it the atmosphere will be very tense which could suit us, especially if we take the lead.

Or think their title race is over now and just  go out and play with no presssure, which could be dangerous.

Well, I might be very wrong but they should feel more pressured than we. Another loss would frustrate them a lot and as the back to back champions they simply can't lose against two rivals in a row.

We are a bit carefree this season anyway. 

The pressure is on City. We can afford to lose this match given our lead on arsenal and united atm. 

But I'd like to see us beat a top 6 side and keep the pace up

We are nowhere near as clinical or lucky as Liverpool are, but I think we do play better football. Only issue I have is that City can play it better than us, so we'll have to cope with not having the most possession and we have to be defensively solid. 

Their backline right now is atrocious and if we're lucky Ederson might still be out, Bravo is absolutely dreadful. We'll give them a good game, fingers crossed we win this and grab the 3 points. The pressure is on them, they folded against Liverpool and we seem to play better away from home. 

Kepa
James - Zouma - Tomori - Emerson
          Jorginho - Kovacic
                     Kante
              Willian - Pulisic
                     Tammy

12 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We are nowhere near as clinical or lucky as Liverpool are, but I think we do play better football. Only issue I have is that City can play it better than us, so we'll have to cope with not having the most possession and we have to be defensively solid. 

Their backline right now is atrocious and if we're lucky Ederson might still be out, Bravo is absolutely dreadful. We'll give them a good game, fingers crossed we win this and grab the 3 points. The pressure is on them, they folded against Liverpool and we seem to play better away from home. 

Kepa
James - Zouma - Tomori - Emerson
          Jorginho - Kovacic
                     Kante
              Willian - Pulisic
                     Tammy

Are any of their injured players or defenders set to return in the next couple of weeks when we face them? If not then I'll be more confident for this game.

I know that i have a deep seated hatred of the Scouse but this surely this has a solid foundation. How typically scouse that they end up playing Man City when Pep has put out a comedy defence and then they have a two week break to get all of their proper defenders and keeper fit for when we play them.

Still, let's not let a rancid Man City defensive performance prevent the usual punditry w@nkfest over "everybody's second fking team".

I would have loved to have seen our kids running at their back line today.