coco

Valencia v Chelsea (CL) Wed 27th Nov 17:55 GMT

Great penalty save but yet another dodgy performance by our keeper. The keeper that i wanted us to sign, however, despite being beaten quite softly by Kova still pulled off some great saves. Just wonder how much change we'd have got from our £70m if we'd got Cillesen instead

Unlucky really to concede the second but jeez they missed some sitters. In a match like that you have to be able to shut down and scrap to hold on. We were far too open in the last 15. For me that's not an issue of the young players as it is with Frank. You've got to be able to adjust and tell the players to put their foot on the ball and sit a bit deeper. There was literally a counter a minute in the last 10. If Rodrygo scores we go out of the group. Simple as. Fact we were still throwing ourselves forward and leaving huge gaps was madness.

Wow, these CL games are no good for the old ticker!!

Great result and we should now qualify but we're seeing the inexperience nearly costing us. Lamps has spoken about our game management but when we should be seeing games out, it's just not there. Could have been a brilliant win but so nearly ended in defeat so more than happy to share the spoils.

Well Done The Chels!!!

I don’t think this 4-3-3 works for us with Jorginho at the base.. we need a double pivot.. we conceded against city and the first goal due to that

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I'm more devastated about the Abraham situation than anything, that's put a damper on the season if he is out for a long time. We'll have to play with Giroud and Bats... Think how many points that's going to lose us? 

Blackouts in Australia. I missed the Abraham thing. How badly is he injured. James looked shaky in what I saw. Willian must have been tired some terrible passes at the end. Batman not much good for anything but we still did ok. 

Unlucky really to concede the second but jeez they missed some sitters. In a match like that you have to be able to shut down and scrap to hold on. We were far too open in the last 15. For me that's not an issue of the young players as it is with Frank. You've got to be able to adjust and tell the players to put their foot on the ball and sit a bit deeper. There was literally a counter a minute in the last 10. If Rodrygo scores we go out of the group. Simple as. Fact we were still throwing ourselves forward and leaving huge gaps was madness.
I kind of like that because we are learning. We can't go back to Jose Mourinho. We should be Frank's Chelsea and win like Frank's Chelsea.

Just now, WhiteWall said:

Great penalty save but yet another dodgy performance by our keeper. The keeper that i wanted us to sign, however, despite being beaten quite softly by Kova still pulled off some great saves. Just wonder how much change we'd have got from our £70m if we'd got Cillesen instead

But his passing WhiteWall, have you seen his passing? He's not been good value at all. Too short to dominate the area and that is so much more of an issue than people are willing to admit.

Just now, WhiteWall said:

Well if not for that penalty save, we would have lost the game. Also Kovacic shot was really clinical, it's not on Cillessen...But yea he had amazing saves this game while Kepa got beaten by a crazy fluke cross that has to suck and it's not the first time it happen to Kepa this season.

3 minutes ago, coco said:

Unless Frank was concerned Jorginho would pick up a 2nd yellow, it was a mistake to take him off.

I agree when Kova, who don't get me wrong had another good game tonight, was hanging out of his ar$ehole from about 80 mins on.

2 minutes ago, AlexTommo said:

If we beat Lille, does that guarantee us through? What happens if Ajax win tonight then their match against Valencia ends in a draw?

We'd all be on 11pts.

We beat Lille, we are on 11pts. 

Ajax win tonights game and draw against Valencia, they are on 11pts. Valencia would finish with 9pts.

So we would go through.

We should have won that game. They were extremley open at the back at 1-2, we should have capitalized and killed the game. However, all things considered the draw is fine.

Now we just have to beat Lille and we don't have to play on Thursdays. I'll take that.

That was unbearable. Bats cannot lead the line. He’s ok for coming off the bench and pushing for a winner but overall his football is awful.

Valencia were the better side tonight and deserved to win but we were the better side at home and lost to them so honours sort of even. Wish we’d have won though.

Just now, Gol15 said:

Well if not for that penalty save, we would have lost the game. Also Kovacic shot was really clinical, it's not on Cillessen...But yea he had amazing saves this game while Kepa got beaten by a crazy fluke cross that has to suck and it's not the first time it happen to Kepa this season.

Yes crazy fluke cross...that he pulled his arms away from. Anyway, my post was meant to be more in admiration of Cillesen to be honest

Valencia players kept going into the ref's face about everything. I don't watch la liga often but is that how it is there? Referee also seemed to cave into all their calls apparently

Either way I thought this was an okay match and probably a better result for us than Valencia, however, I cant help but feel we were defensively poor yet again and Valencia could have easily stolen the game if they put some of their chances away. If Tammy's injury is serious its going to be a cold and hard december for us.

2-2 isn’t the worst result for us.. but I think frank got this one wrong against Valencia.. 4-3-3 doesn’t make u a more solid because invariably we lose 2 of the mid in a single pass much higher up the field.. and 5 at the back gave them control of the match