coco

Chelsea v West Ham Utd (PL) Sat 30th Nov 15:00 GMT

15 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Let's not show them too much respect by playing 3 midfielders, they got an ordinary defence and an awful keeper, need to pick them off early. When Mount is playing, he's usually drifting into space for the deep midfielders to pass into, he turns and runs and all the sudden we kick start an attack in the opposition half. In the last 2 games, we just haven't seen much for that with the players we picked. Giroud needs to start, and he deserves to

Good post, agree with a lot of that. I think if we show West Ham too much respect it'll go against us. The hardest decision Frank has right now is who to play in the midfield, I'm not going to completely write off the midfield trio of Kante, Kova and Jorgi due to it being a really small sample size of big games but it certainly looks a lot more defensive than having Mount there as the shadow striker and pressing man. 

Most people would say bench Kovacic but he is has been in amazing form lately, it's hard to bench him when he's playing like that. However, I think I disagree on the Michy and Giroud situation, as poor as Michy was last game, I would play him this one, he'll have a lot to run onto this game against West Ham, which is what he excels at. 

23 minutes ago, ChitownBlue said:

I start the Valencia line up with Mount over Kante. Really need Mount’s creative ability 

I think this game will be the ultimate test on how well the Kante-Kova-Jorginho midfield will work, because I think those 3 are bound to start. I think we've been missing Mount badly in certain areas in the last two games. 

Not sI’d play azpi at leftback. Tempted to play alonso and bring back tomori. 
Not sure which midfielder to leave out. Think it’s worth giving the Valencia 3 another run but bring mount on earlier. 
frank will play Batman and I might give Willian a rest as he is getting on and use cho instead. 

Edited by ozboy

Expect them to park the bus and waiting for a break after we over commit. James must play, probably Emerson on the other flank. We should play as many attacking minded players as possible, this game could be over before half time if we start well and convert a few chances.

6 hours ago, ChitownBlue said:

I start the Valencia line up with Mount over Kante. Really need Mount’s creative ability 

IMO if Kante is fit he starts, no brainer. He is our only world class player and with 3 league goals in his last 4 pl games, it will be a bold call to drop him.

Highlighted a big problem of what 3 to play when everyone is fit in another thread, the issue is you can’t play Kante & Mount in the same team. Unless you make  Kante sit in a deeper more disciplined role, the 3 midfielder; a Jorginho/Kovacic would struggle as Kante & Mount will leave him exposed.

For this game, he either plays the trio of Jorginho, Kovacic & Kante, shifts Pulisic to the right with Mount on the left, or drop Jorginho, sit Kante deeper in a disciplined role with Kovacic next to him. Whatever happens Kante start by default if he is fit, Kovacic on form deserves to play and we need him to provide some balance in the centre of the park. 

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

Not sI’d play azpi at leftback. Tempted to play alonso and bring back tomori. 

Thank god you’re not the manager then :laugh2:

Mount back, give either Kovacic or Kante a rest. Bring off Jorginho for one of them when we’re 6-0 up (I reckon around 5 minutes in). 

It’ll be Batshuayi up too but I’d still rather it was Giroud. Batshuayi is better coming off the bench against tired legs. 

13 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Thank god you’re not the manager then :laugh2:

Mount back, give either Kovacic or Kante a rest. Bring off Jorginho for one of them when we’re 6-0 up (I reckon around 5 minutes in). 

It’ll be Batshuayi up too but I’d still rather it was Giroud. Batshuayi is better coming off the bench against tired legs. 

Don't think he will yet think Pulisic can play as the front man.

Whenever Batshuayi scores, it seems accidental to me. When Giroud scores, I feel it's due to talent, hard work, creating space not only for himself, but also for others to score. So hoping for Giroud today, to give someone like Pulisic the freedom to attack the goal.

4-2-3-1 > 4-1-4-1

Kepa
James - Zouma - Tomori - Alonso
          Kovacic - Jorginho
        CHO - Mount - Pedro
                   Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Kante, Willian, Batshuayi, Azpi, Pulisic

Edited by the special one

I'd play:

Kepa

James - Zouma - Tomori - Azpiliceuta

Jorginho - Kovacic

Willian - Mount - Pulisic

Giroud

Bench:  Caballero ; Christensen ; Alonso ; Kante ; Gilmour ; Hudson-Odoi ; Batshuayi

Quite fancy the idea of Willian, Mount and Pulisic all playing off Giroud today, all buzzing in and around the box like a swarm of goal scoring flies ...  🙂

Edited by Sexyfootball