Jack Grealish

forbzy

Sometimes I think PL clubs are too rich for their own good. That City squad is a billion dollar investment and they still buy the wrong signings at 100m.

They don't need Grealish at all. They needed a good DM ever since Fernandinho lost his pace

I think Grealish brings them goal contributions and a ton of freekicks. If he manages to bring that number up for them they are a much better side. Maybe they also need a proper DM and maybe a new striker. 

If you left out the price from this equation Grealish is a good coup. They have the money as we all know. 

Well like most if not all of you my immediate reaction to this inevitable transfer was incredulousness at the fee.

I then considered that this supplements their reserve of wingers/wide forwards which already includes Sterling, Mahrez, Foden and Torres.

Grealish will win a league title in the next three years (probably in the next one). Man City understand how to strengthen an already good thing. We, the Champions League winners who will likely struggle to qualify for Europe next season, quite obviously don't.

For what it's worth, if we fail to win the league this season it will be our longest dry spell since Abramovich took over.

It’s seems overkill given their squad sure, but no matter what you think of the signing - this is truly backing your manager and keeping a top squad at the top.

There is no FFP this year due to covid, and City have shown it to be a joke anyway, so clubs can simply spend what they want!

Roman has a choice to spend what he wants. Haaland would join us otherwise we’d have heard different by now from him or his agent. You simply need to pay what they want. Up to Roman - it’s his money and club.

Make no mistake, we are being run more as a business now than before. Net spend over last few years is less than Arsenal and Everton apparently. Sadly, we will not win the league this way for a long time. You have to pay 100+ for the players at the very top of the game unless you can find the gems yourself.

So for all that Roman, a legend, has done for us, it does feel like he’s not willing to play with the big boys any longer.

Champions league is my favourite competition and winning it again means the world to me. But the league shows your true level and we are miles off I think.

It’s not me trying to sound greedy, I just think it is a fact that we don’t seem willing to pay what it takes to get the Kane’s and mbappe’s and haalands. Meaning we won’t consistently - and that word is the key - be favourites for major titles! The danger of the business model is we just become arsenal in 5 years.

Edited by Adamrb

47 minutes ago, coco said:

Some dry spell though.

Well indeed.

As someone who grew up expecting not to see Chelsea win the league in his lifetime I will be eternally grateful for what we have achieved over the past 20 years. However, our recent big wins were the result of good coaching rather than having the best squad in the competition. Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso won the Premier League. Jorginho and Timo Werner won the Champions League.

We haven't had the best team in the league since 2015. Since then, following every success, we have failed spectacularly to build upon them. Our management appear to have taken the view of 'how can we trim and still win?' as opposed to the more realistic view of 'what do we need to add to this to keep it successful?' It has happened repeatedly; we keep making the same mistakes and don't learn from them. 

Dominance is essentially well thought-out greed. Signing Grealish is greedy; it's exactly what 90s Man Utd would have done. Why aren't we, as European champions (which, lest we forget, Man City have never been), doing the same thing?

Edited by PloKoon13

28 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Well indeed.

As someone who grew up expecting not to see Chelsea win the league in his lifetime I will be eternally grateful for what we have achieved over the past 20 years. However, our recent big wins were the result of good coaching rather than having the best squad in the competition. Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso won the Premier League. Jorginho and Timo Werner won the Champions League.

We haven't had the best team in the league since 2015. Since then, following every success, we have failed spectacularly to build upon them. Our management appear to have taken the view of 'how can we trim and still win?' as opposed to the more realistic view of 'what do we need to add to this to keep it successful?' It has happened repeatedly; we keep making the same mistakes and don't learn from them. 

Dominance is essentially well thought-out greed. Signing Grealish is greedy; it's exactly what 90s Man Utd would have done. Why aren't we, as European champions (which, lest we forget, Man City have never been), doing the same thing?

City operate on a different level, they're cooking the books. Everyone knows it, they were just able to get away with it.  Spending close to a billion in just last five years.

Great player not sure he’s worth 100mil though. If we can’t get a striker then grealish Mount havertz and Werner all moving about would be good to watch not sure if there would be enough goals and how defensively secure we’d be though. if city are spending 100 mil on him then good luck to them.

4 hours ago, evissy said:

I think Grealish brings them goal contributions and a ton of freekicks. If he manages to bring that number up for them they are a much better side. Maybe they also need a proper DM and maybe a new striker. 

If you left out the price from this equation Grealish is a good coup. They have the money as we all know. 

Imagine going into negotiations and saying my man is very good at flopping and generating free kicks. Lol. 

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

City operate on a different level, they're cooking the books. Everyone knows it, they were just able to get away with it.  Spending close to a billion in just last five years.

Self sponsorship. Their owners own a lot of companies and some are used to fund City.

Is like back in the day we jokes Roman could use his company as a shirt sponsor at a huge amount so we could buy whomever we wanted.

City just decided to follow through on it.

Rashford, Grealish and Rice, the media darlings and the three most overrated players in English football. City have Bernardo Silva who is ten times the player Grealish will ever be, but for some reason Guardiola does not fancy him anymore. City crave for attention and need some sympathy from the media, pretty sure that as soon as they wrap Grealish up they will make a bid for Kane, too. And then probably announce yet another mammoth, but dodgy as f**k, sponsorship deal, to balance the books.

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

I'm sure at least £600m of that was on full-backs.

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

Like I said; the game has gone and will not return. 

We’ve had some incredible moments as Chelsea fans though; something City will never, ever get to experience. They will never experience becoming European Champions as underdogs having been written off by everyone. They will never experience beating Bayern at their best on their own turf in front of their own country with a team well past it’s day; or beating a team worth a £1billion with a squad full of academy graduates, misfiring forwards, unknown goalkeepers and a manager that took over in January. They can go f**k themselves; what an embarrassment of a team; ran by the biggest chequebook fraud in world football. To think Robbie Savage put him up there with Fergie; what an absolute joker.

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm not convinced by Grealish, he has skill yet little pace.

Will be interesting to see how Pep uses him.

Agree.. it will be tricky fitting him in a front 3 since they break with pace. Maybe next to KDB in the middle of the park with Rodri behind them.

8 hours ago, Deino said:

Sometimes I think PL clubs are too rich for their own good. That City squad is a billion dollar investment and they still buy the wrong signings at 100m.

They don't need Grealish at all. They needed a good DM ever since Fernandinho lost his pace

They have one in Rodri, but Pep decided not to play him in City's most important game in their history. 

Jeez I thought we’d bought Grealish or something by the amount of posts here.  Probably sums up our transfer window so far that the most active posts are on Jack Grealish to City.  I couldn’t care less to be honest.