Everton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 7th Dec 12:30 GMT

25 minutes ago, Deino said:

Walcott and Iwobi? Great players??

This Everton team is trying to get out of a relegation scrap. These are the sort of teams we need to put to bed and outfight them. Look at the number of players they used to trouble our front 4. 

Pick on what I said all you want but even our best players were not allowed to play so well today, it shows they were playing against a very good team. 

13 minutes ago, Deino said:

Pulisic needs to develop his lower body strength and learn how to draw fouls when he can't breakthrough. That was the key to Hazard's phenomenal balance and maturity as he was very similar to Pulisic when he first joined.

Hazard came here with remarkable strength, it's not something he learned.

6 minutes ago, cRyptic said:

Frank's pissed and rightfully so, although he has to admit that part of the fault is his as well. He's one of the smartest men in football and I'm truly hopeful that he will be able to resolve this sooner rather than later.

Up the Chels!

He was right, too much "dribbling in the box". You can score goals if you don't shoot. It's almost like the players are AFRAID to shoot.

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

We need to win both of those home games so we can go into the holiday fixtures with our heads up

We do forbzy. But we're doing ok and the fans like you know the score.

I would go down with Frank ahead of some artificial manager in the club.

I'm still happy with what we're doing now.

I'd prefer to lose in a club I'm proud of.

Edited by DP2
spelling of name
1 hour ago, Deino said:

Walcott and Iwobi? Great players??

This Everton team is trying to get out of a relegation scrap. These are the sort of teams we need to put to bed and outfight them. Look at the number of players they used to trouble our front 4. You are lowering our squad's standards and raising Everton's. We should have beat them and would've beat them had our backline concentrated.

did you listen to Lampard's post match conference? He said Everton has good players. That's what it is and nothing you can do to that. 

Playing away to a side near the bottom who have just sacked their manager is always ominous... 

This kind of result is par for the course this season with an inexperienced team and manager. We didn't play well. They got an early goal to defend and we spent the next 85 minutes trying to break them down. They also benefited from an inept ref (and still hopeless VAR), who missed the Sidibe elbow and a blatant foul on Christiansen just before their second goal. Defence is still poor and Kante aside I think we lack battlers, players who put in tackles and will give as good as they get when the opposition start using thug tactics.

Bar Kante and Kovacic, this team is too nice. It’s not nasty enough. Today we were out battled. Their quality was terrible but they wanted it more. 

Frank really needs to sort the defence out. We need Rudiger urgently back in the defence. Christensen is too soft and Zouma and Tamori are too error prone. We need some more maturity in there. 

1 hour ago, hephzibah said:

Pick on what I said all you want but even our best players were not allowed to play so well today, it shows they were playing against a very good team. 

Sorry, normally i woud listen to anyones point of view on here, but i cannot agree to this. Everton have been a serial cr@p team for years. Its cost managers jobs for years. Even when Moyes was in charge they would have one good season followed by one bad. They have continuously flirted with relegation for donkeys years and are doing the same again now. If they were that good a team they wouldn't have been in the relegation zone sacking their manager..again.

We are a better team all over the pitch. Digne and Richarlison are about their only consistent players. Today we were sh!t. All over the pitch. Yes we were cr@p and deserved to lose. We have a defence set up incorrectly and a forward line that currently looks gassed and weak.

But please, let's not start thinking that Walcott is a better player than Willian, Iwobi or Calvert-Lewin are better that Abraham or indeed that Sigurdson, for the 4 games a year that he turns up is any better than Kovacic.

Everton has always been a bit of a bogey team and with Silva going and a club folk-hero coming in, the signs were ominous, even more so when our defence and keeper decided to have an absolute mare.

We all knew this season was going to be a work in progress with ups & downs. This joins the West Ham game as another of the downs. At times our play is great and when our attackers and midfielders are on form we are brilliant to watch. But in tight games and when we aren't putting away the chances, we need to be able to rely on our defence and keeper and one thing is very clear -our defence and keeper are not good enough and the January window can't come soon enough for me.

Sorry Frank but the honeymoon period might be over. Still love you but we were poor in a number of areas today including game plan. On account of the sacking we new exactly what Everton's game plan would be. Zonal defending can be effective but now has to be questioned with our current crop of centre backs. 

We’ve been sussed out exactly like we were last season (and at roughly the same time -Wolves away 05/12). We’ve got skill, energy, speed and youth in abundance but physicality to compete against fighting teams I don’t see. December could be a long hard month. At 2-1 down I didn’t see any answers on the bench to change the outcome today. 

On account of the West Ham performance last weekend this cant be put down to just a bad day. 

10 minutes ago, The Chelsea Way said:

Sorry Frank but the honeymoon period might be over. Still love you but we were poor in a number of areas today including game plan. On account of the sacking we new exactly what Everton's game plan would be. Zonal defending can be effective but now has to be questioned with our current crop of centre backs. 

We’ve been sussed out exactly like we were last season (and at roughly the same time -Wolves away 05/12). We’ve got skill, energy, speed and youth in abundance but physicality to compete against fighting teams I don’t see. December could be a long hard month. At 2-1 down I didn’t see any answers on the bench to change the outcome today. 

On account of the West Ham performance last weekend this cant be put down to just a bad day. 

So lets sack him because we finally start having a rough period? Jesus... 

Are you mental? What are you the owner of Watford??

He needs a reliable CB and we're in the position to sort that now. In 88-89 Fergie finishe 11th with United. I bet they are glad you weren't in charge of hiring and firing. [emoji849]