So we can open our wallet again...

It’s quite a tough balance for the club. It’s knowing whether to stick with a player in the hope that they develop or go out and buy a top class player. 

For example at CB, do we stick with Tamori / Zouma or go out and and buy a first team player ?

10 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Given time, anything can happen at Chelsea.

We got rid of the original Zappacosta and Drinkwater to give room to these young players.

Anyone who thinks we'll now suddenly get rid of Mount etc to find replicas are just finding an excuse to moan for the sake of it.

I don't expect anything big in the January window, to be honest. If we do sign someone, say Sancho, I feel it would be a similar situation to Pulisic last season; a purchase and an immediate loan back to the club until the summer. Could see that happening with Sancho, Chillwell, or any of signing really. I can't really see any clubs let go of their top players in January unless they push for that move.

Whatever the club do, I just hope that they are smart and aggressive and go after their targets and not try and penny-pinch the other club. 

3 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

tbf I would take Wilson as a back-up striker but i don't think he would come here for that role. I don't think Grealish is any better than what we have. 

Awww  sh*t, I thought I'd mastered that sarcasm thing, but obviously not.  Back to college for me then.

And isn't Wilson some sort of fragile sick-note?

7 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

No i got the sarcasm was just pointing out that Wilson wouldn't necessarily be a bad signing

Was trying to clarify for the others, who are a bit more hard of understanding than you are.

But I disagree about Wilson. journeyman mid-table level player in my view

1 hour ago, andy said:

Cascarino on talksport just now made a good point, if we were to be a striker it is a huge decision, if he is better than Tammy then you are likely to upset Tammy and if you are going to find someone to be second to Tammy but better than Giroud and Batshuyi ?? Thats a tough buy.  (Sorry to state the bleedin' obvious)

If it is an older striker then Tammy should not be to upset though if an up and coming one then it might well upset him. 

Great news. I'm sure Frank will be happy, as gives the opportunity to plug a couple of gaps, left back being the obvious weakness, whilst also keeping the rest on their toes. 

Chilwell would be amazing, but blowing half the budget (if £150m is to be believed) on a left back may be better spent elsewhere.

I think he'll also recommend we get really strong competition for Tammy as will want to let Giroud leave. 

Sign Willian up for another year whilst we're at it!

Edited by Elliott

Good time to move on the likes of Giroud and maybe Pedro, who won't be getting many games this season.

Ideally, I'd like us to sign a quality LB and maybe a quality CB. None of the 4 CBs we have really inspire huge amounts of confidence in me.

I think we're okay over the rest of the field for now. Maybe ship barkley out if RLC is close to a come back.

Or perhaps a back-up striker who won't be offside or fall over everytime the ball goes near him.

I don't believe that we will be able to sign a great player in January but if there is one that could be signed maybe it's Moussa Dembele! Lyon is not doing well and maybe there is an opportunity there.

He looks like a good player and we do need a striker that can really impact the team, without Tammy the team looks a bit clueless.

It also depends if someone leaves in January...For the summer it's clear that we need a winger, a left back and centre-back, maybe even a midfielder.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Good shout re Cavani, he is the type of clever older player that might just work. 

I also agree with comments that acquisitions at this point might just be as much a poisoned chalice as a boost in terms of team unity.

Isn’t Cavani on some ridiculous wages at PSG? I think he is on £175k+ bonuses per week. He is ideally what we need, and wouldn’t mind testing the waters with a loan move initially to see if he adapts. 
Our ideal forward might actually be in the Championship. Mitrovic has been banging it in for fun and got 12 premier league goals last season so he is no slouch. Wouldn’t cost more than £30m, decent wages and still on 25.

30 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Isn’t Cavani on some ridiculous wages at PSG? I think he is on £175k+ bonuses per week. He is ideally what we need, and wouldn’t mind testing the waters with a loan move initially to see if he adapts. 
Our ideal forward might actually be in the Championship. Mitrovic has been banging it in for fun and got 12 premier league goals last season so he is no slouch. Wouldn’t cost more than £30m, decent wages and still on 25.

I also thought about Mitrovic though wouldn't he expect to start, last season he was playing in the EPL.

36 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Isn’t Cavani on some ridiculous wages at PSG? I think he is on £175k+ bonuses per week. 

Is that really that much in the modern day? If anything that's probably underpaying for a player of that quality.

Edited by Argo