Kai Havertz

mwblue10
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Gol15 said:

I don't recall Mount being criticized so much last season.

Why would he be?

Even when he has bad games he still does SOMETHING and he didn't cost a small fortune or be billed as a generational talent. Gave us more in 10 minutes last night than Havertz in 90. 

10 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Why would he be?

Even when he has bad games he still does SOMETHING and he didn't cost a small fortune or be billed as a generational talent. Gave us more in 10 minutes last night than Havertz in 90. 

If you think that Mount did something in all 50+ games last season you're delusional :laugh2:

I thought Havertz looked better - but he still floated in and out of the game. His languid style will annoy people. I liked a few things he did but when you compare it to Mount’s contribution, you can see the vast difference. 

I really hope that Havertz isn’t going to turn into a Shevchenko/Torres issue again. Bringing in mangers where we’re hoping to get the “best out of him”

Just now, goose said:

I think he done ok last night. I see glimpses of a very good player. Would love to see him live as on tv he seems to make some fantastic runs into dangerous spaces but generally gets ignored. I think he could be judged better in real life.

I know of a forum member who can post you countless stats and YouTube clips that will show just how good he can be.

Edited by Nibs

12 hours ago, mm24 said:

Well mate you didn't buy Messi, or some proven player. At that age and in these times he was always going to be a risk. I dont understand what do people get out of constant bashing. You lot managed to completely f up Kepa. Don't do it to others as well. 

I think the biggest issue with havertz is that for the money he cost, most everyone was expecting a player that was almost the finished article, but he isn’t and in truth he’s far from it.

Most of us have watched football for many years and we probably all think we know a ‘player’ when we see one, so when this guy plays and can’t make a simple pass without over or under hitting it, when a player of his stature at 6’3” can’t dominate the opposition player and bully them into conceding the ball or make a mistake, when he looks like he’ll hurt himself more than his opposite number in a one on one tackle, when you can’t, after half a season, see what all the fuss was about in the lead up to his signing, most of us are thinking we’ve bought yet another pup?

As for comments on here f**king up kepa, I can assure you he’s managed that all by his lonesome.

Not a lot of improvement on previous as far as I am concerned.  One run through the middle chasing the ball like a Jack Russell and never actually being on control at all, three separate passes straight out of play, and a lot of hiding from the ball.

If I truly had been offered the manager's job as @Slojo so desperately wants, he wouldn't have come out for the second half.

Currently one thing about him that annoys me is when he is on the ball looking for a forward pass yet is closed down so shields the ball and turns in a half circle to pass the ball sideways. All ok so far, yet he doesn't look and our wide player has moved forward and so possession gets turned over.

He was better yesterday yet needs to improve much more to convince me he deserves a starting place. 

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Havertz backed by his former boss. This is the consensus pretty much from anyone that knows him. 

You won't find a coach saying anything bad about him. Sadly some of our proper fans are not convinced since he didn't score 30 goals by now.

10 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You won't find a coach saying anything bad about him. Sadly some of our proper fans are not convinced since he didn't score 30 goals by now.

I'm not convinced because he seems unable to trap or control a football or pass to a team mate.  Or not lose the ball 2 yards outside our own penalty area costing us goals against.

Just now, yorkleyblue said:

I'm not convinced because he seems unable to trap or control a football or pass to a team mate.  Or not lose the ball 2 yards outside our own penalty area costing us goals against.

He can't pass or control the ball at all? That's crazy! Let me call Tuchel right away!

I doubt many on this forum would disagree that Havertz has been a massive disappointment so far at Chelsea. Of course there are some factors to acknowledge including adapting to a new country/league. Not to mention getting a serious case of Covid.  But so far he hasn't justified a regular starting position in our team let alone the massive transfer fee. That being said I fully expect him to get a lot of minutes under Tuchel as I suspect he has been tasked with getting the expensive signing to deliver. If Tuchel is successful at Chelsea I suspect Havertz will be too. On the other hand if Tuchel cannot get him playing well then we've got an outfield Kepa on our hands and that is on the board, specifically the scouting team and Marina.