Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

15 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't even think composure is an issue, he's just trying to be too clever with every shot. Like he feels that every goal has to be a thing of beauty. I like that he has the confidence for it, but when it's 0-0 in a big game, just hit it low and hard past the keeper.

Doesn't even score enough to warrant how he scores a goal. Just a bad finisher with no confidence in front of goal.

6 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Don't give up on him yet lads he still has a part to play in the final run in.

I want him to prove me wrong but without any influence, I noticed how he didn't look any special and checked out on him ages ago.

I always look for key unique traits in a player and there is nothing that he does exceptionally well that Mount cannot do however Mount can do many things or has at least shown it multiple times that Havertz can't.

5 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I want him to prove me wrong but without any influence, I noticed how he didn't look any special and checked out on him ages ago.

I always look for key unique traits in a player and there is nothing that he does exceptionally well that Mount cannot do however Mount can do many things or has at least shown it multiple times that Havertz can't.

I think he does do something better, it is attacking in that space between defenders and Keeper, I think he is exceptional there.

The chance the other day was running head on at the Keeper, many strikers fail in that situation as they get caught in two minds yet lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Mount has different strengths such as running at players rather than finding the space between Keeper and last defender.  Mount might even provide the vital ball for Kai.

24 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I think he does do something better, it is attacking in that space between defenders and Keeper, I think he is exceptional there.

The chance the other day was running head on at the Keeper, many strikers fail in that situation as they get caught in two minds yet lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Mount has different strengths such as running at players rather than finding the space between Keeper and last defender.  Mount might even provide the vital ball for Kai.

I disagree I dont think he is exceptional in that space as his influence in that area leads to nothing with him delivering for himself or others on a semi regular basis.

2 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I disagree I dont think he is exceptional in that space as his influence in that area leads to nothing with him delivering for himself or others on a semi regular basis.

Assist and fantastic performance against Madrid at home to progress to the final. Two goals against Fulham shortly after that.

He's still inconsistent (not surprise at 21) but he's been very good on the whole since Tuchel arrived.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Assist and fantastic performance against Madrid at home to progress to the final. Two goals against Fulham shortly after that.

He's still inconsistent (not surprise at 21) but he's been very good on the whole since Tuchel arrived.

Very good? I don't think so. He has shown plenty of potential and gave us an idea why he was signed but that's about it IMO.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

Very good? I don't think so. He has shown plenty of potential and gave us an idea why he was signed but that's about it IMO.

I think so.
He was given an extended break and if you count Everton on the 8th of March as his first game under Tuchel I think he's been excellent (with a few exceptions).

Top performances v Everton, Atletico, Real Madrid, Palace, Fulham to name a few.

Edited by Sindre

Didn't have much to work with. Should have ask for the ball more and try to be dangerous with it.

His demeanour will not win him much fans unless backed up with end product

I think Kai should start through the middle for the last few games. Yes he does miss a couple but I've noticed that when he plays and is actually up for it that's the best we look from an attacking perspective alongside Pulisic, Mount and Timo to an extent. 

The false 9 means the opponent cbs can't just mark our number 9 out of the game. Tammy and Oli sadly just don't fit with the style TT wants to play and Timo through the middle more often than not proves to be fruitless since his running from a deeper position is what hurts defences more.

He only played as a striker for half a season in Bundesliga and our unbalanced squad doesn't give him the space to play behind the striker like an AM so if he's going to play as a striker for us his end product must improve.

16 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Then he gets a start and plays like he did VS Arsenal and then you realise why he's on the bench. Players always get made to look better when they aren't playing every game.

He has not played well against any good team this year except Real Madrid. But how good was that Madrid team that night?  That's my problem with starting him. 

18 hours ago, 2211 said:

I like him, a clever player for finding spaces.

He’s not a number 9 or a false 9 imo.

He’s a number 10 or an attacking midfielder.

Offers more than Pulisic atm, has to play in next week’s final.

In Bundesliga he was a number 10 the ideal AM. But then he played as a striker and scored some goals and even was an inside forward so now managers use him everywhere and he can't settle in his best role. He's young and he needs to find some stability, I was really hoping that we would build our team around Mount and him, Mount had a full season to build upon so I hope Kai gets the same as he really is a superb talent.

17 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Then he gets a start and plays like he did VS Arsenal and then you realise why he's on the bench. Players always get made to look better when they aren't playing every game.

To be fair, this is kind of expected of any player that isn't given a proper run in the team. He's in one game and out the next, it's hard to find any consistency when you're not getting games.

A lot of pressure on young shoulders.

I mean look who we face on Saturday. City surrounded their young 19 year hope in Foden with expierence. Mahrez, KDB, Gungadon, Aguero etc etc.

These are seasoned, experience pros who have been there, seen it and done it on international and club stages.

Now we are demanding of Havertz and Mount, 1 and 2 full PL seasons respectively, to save us against them. You can throw CP in with them as well.

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

A lot of pressure on young shoulders.

I mean look who we face on Saturday. City surrounded their young 19 year hope in Foden with expierence. Mahrez, KDB, Gungadon, Aguero etc etc.

These are seasoned, experience pros who have been there, seen it and done it on international and club stages.

Now we are demanding of Havertz and Mount, 1 and 2 full PL seasons respectively, to save us against them. You can throw CP in with them as well.

Gundogan is the only City player to have played in a CL final though, if I’m not mistaken. Seasoned pros but a first for almost all of them too.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

Gundogan is the only City player to have played in a CL final though, if I’m not mistaken. Seasoned pros but a first for almost all of them too.

True however one of those not to play in one is the worlds best player in KDB. Kante has not played one either but he would walk in to any team just like KDB. Experience is not a factor to players like that.