Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

mwblue10

8 hours ago, Munkworth said:

We have very good songs it’s just most of our fans can’t be arsed unless it two words sung repetitively! You’ll only hear the Havertz one properly at away games. 

Same as the Timo Werner one.  I'm not saying much more because we also had a great one for Bakayoko 

20 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

Same as the Timo Werner one.  I'm not saying much more because we also had a great one for Bakayoko 

That got an outing in the Tottenham game before he gave away a goal and we all remembered he’s not very good :laugh2:

5 hours ago, Deino said:

I can't believe his great work was forgotten because of Taylor. It was an unbelievable looping header. 

On the tv where I watched the analyst compared that header to the legendary goal of Borgetti against Italy in 2002 which is by some considered as one of the best headers of all time.

The only thing equal to how absolutley brilliant that header was, was how unbelievably stupid he was to not play Lukaku in.

Brilliant player who will only get better and better and we will have to fight off the worlds elite to keep him.

He's already starting to remind me of a young Eden, not that I want to compare them because at the end of the day every player is unique. It's just the way he plays very silky. £70m+ well spent tbh.

To the commentators that thought it was a flick on or a mistake, I disagree that goal imo was fully intentional Kai knew what he was doing.

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

E-MbkiJWUAMnmjI?format=jpg&name=large

He's being coached by the very best, 22 years old only. So blessed that he's a Chels.

I'm hoping Flick can have a positive influence on all the Germans especially Timo, Kai looks every bit the player we spent £70m+ especially with goals like the one at the weekend.

On 29/08/2021 at 19:48, axman2526 said:

The only thing equal to how absolutley brilliant that header was, was how unbelievably stupid he was to not play Lukaku in.

Brilliant player who will only get better and better and we will have to fight off the worlds elite to keep him.

We are the world elite mate, name me 5 better teams?

Chelsea board, Frank Lampard and Tuchel did a fantastic job with this team. Especially Frank, who brought Mount and James through and now they’re crucial players for us.

2 hours ago, Phillip said:

I have always felt that Borgetti and Tim Cahill were the two best headers of the ball for goals that I have seen.

Dion Dublin was very good as well. 

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

We are the world elite mate, name me 5 better teams?

Chelsea board, Frank Lampard and Tuchel did a fantastic job with this team. Especially Frank, who brought Mount and James through and now they’re crucial players for us.

Not saying there are 5 better, all depends on the players ambitions if he is happy here long term or dreams of playing for another club, like Mbappe.

After Havertz's improved performance in the Crystal Palace home game last season, I said that we didn't buy Havertz to shine against mid-table EPL teams but because he was a generational talent. Havertz was bought to be a difference-maker in high-level games, within the next 2-3 years.

It took him just 4 months since that game to:

• Assist the opening goal in Champions League semi-final
  • Score the winner in a Champions League final
  • Score the opener away from home against a title rival

Sky's the limit with Havertz.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/9/2/22653729/hansi-flick-thomas-tuchel-kai-havertz-werner-chelsea-muller-sane-musiala-gnabry-reus-kimmich-sule

Interesting that both Flick and Tuchel always saw Kai much higher up the pitch compared to Frank who wanted him in deeper roles. Where I think Frank went went wrong with Kai is assuming  he had to play as a number 8 to get into these deeper positions, when in fact he could drop deep as a number 10 or false 9 anyway.

On 01/09/2021 at 23:50, Phillip said:

I have always felt that Borgetti and Tim Cahill were the two best headers of the ball for goals that I have seen.

I always liked Drogba's headers the most. His power, leap and accuracy was up there with the best. His headed goal against Bayern Munich in 2005 is one of my favourite goals of his because the header was perfect.

Skip to 26 seconds.

On 03/09/2021 at 18:56, LongtimerLurker said:

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/9/2/22653729/hansi-flick-thomas-tuchel-kai-havertz-werner-chelsea-muller-sane-musiala-gnabry-reus-kimmich-sule

Interesting that both Flick and Tuchel always saw Kai much higher up the pitch compared to Frank who wanted him in deeper roles. Where I think Frank went went wrong with Kai is assuming  he had to play as a number 8 to get into these deeper positions, when in fact he could drop deep as a number 10 or false 9 anyway.

Nope. That is not the problem. 

The problem was trying to fit Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic together.

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Nope. That is not the problem. 

The problem was trying to fit Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic together.

Thats not entirely correct, just because they were all brought in as first team quality doesn't mean they were all meant to start every single game. There would literally be no one to rotate in with them mid to late game. Barkley and CHO that's it. 

It's quite simple Frank saw Kai havertz as a number 8 there's plenty of articles out there confirming this. Frank wanted to play 433 and saw Mason and Kai as perfect dual 8s. The position he played himself where they would arrive late into the box.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/frank-lampard-names-position-that-chelsea-star-kai-havertz-suits/amp/

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2021/01/15/ask-frank---lampard-on-kai-havertz-s-best-position--scott-parker-1Rxan7aN

You seemed to have missed my point, it's not that Frank was trying to juggle all the attacking talent which he was and that's why his system was too top heavy. I was merely pointing out the difference in opinion between Frank, Thomas and Hansi. Clearly they see Kai's best position differently which I thought was interesting since he's such an adaptable player.