Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

mwblue10

i have faith in havertz 

he looks like a very elegant player some times, and very very composed and calm. 

he just needs some quality time with his donkeys so he can reset and find his form 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by azpi28

22 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

By that logic our club had failed the moment we bought anyone from Bundesliga including Pulisic and Werner. Can't just stop at Havertz there.

I do see your point and I accept that it’s a broad statement. I would say that Werner, due to his work rate, can keep his head high regardless of whether he’s been as successful; Pulisic? Meh on that one. He spends more time on an injury table than the pitch so it’s hard to see where his ceiling could have been.

On 08/10/2021 at 18:45, Nibs said:

Havertz seems to be another one of those players where he has it all but for some reason is only producing now & again.

Towards the end of last season we started seeing what he is capable of. The CL final, the way he bossed Ramos when we played Real Madrid. Everyone thought that yes, he's got over COVID and now we can expect to see him dominating. But so far this season he's gone back into his shell and on the whole has been disappointing. He is one of our marquee players and has to start dominating matches like Salah & Mane for the dippers and KDB for City. 

Hopefully Tuchel is on the case and we'll start seeing a game-changer sometime soon. 

The end of last season he was being played largely as a false 9 which got the best out of him. Now he's an afterthought as we're building the attack around Lukaku.

Not that he's totally blameless for his performances since the international break, but we're not playing to his strengths anymore.

On 09/10/2021 at 04:45, Nibs said:

Havertz seems to be another one of those players where he has it all but for some reason is only producing now & again.

Towards the end of last season we started seeing what he is capable of. The CL final, the way he bossed Ramos when we played Real Madrid. Everyone thought that yes, he's got over COVID and now we can expect to see him dominating. But so far this season he's gone back into his shell and on the whole has been disappointing. He is one of our marquee players and has to start dominating matches like Salah & Mane for the dippers and KDB for City. 

Hopefully Tuchel is on the case and we'll start seeing a game-changer sometime soon. 

I 100% agree, but remember what Salah was doing for Chelsea at the same age:

A look back at Salah's best moment in a Chelsea shirt.: chelseafc

Not every player makes the jump from promising star to actual champion, however. I think there are some glaring weaknesses in his ability - such as unwillingness/inability to beat a player - that need to be ironed out if he is to be a top player. Right now his skill set seems to be completely but only suited to a false-9, deep striker role but you can't wed yourself to a niche position/role at the age of 22 and hope to have a long and successful career.

On 11/10/2021 at 22:58, thebluekid said:

I do see your point and I accept that it’s a broad statement. I would say that Werner, due to his work rate, can keep his head high regardless of whether he’s been as successful; Pulisic? Meh on that one. He spends more time on an injury table than the pitch so it’s hard to see where his ceiling could have been.

Well I think that Havertz also has a good work rate, just that people don't see it because he doesn't have the pace like Werner. At 21 he won us the CL title and this season he isn't that much worse when you compare him to most of our other attackers and we're not putting him where he should be while everyone else is getting played at their main position most of the time.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

The end of last season he was being played largely as a false 9 which got the best out of him. Now he's an afterthought as we're building the attack around Lukaku.

Not that he's totally blameless for his performances since the international break, but we're not playing to his strengths anymore.

Bang on! Can’t see him and Lukaku together ever working out together, and personally seems we have pissed around £170m on both him and Lukaku to compete for one position in the long run. Tuchel should have worked on getting better service around him with Werner covering as the frontman when he is out. 

Still think he's work in progress, sure he's 21 and scored a CL final goal, but doesn't mean he's going to play 7/10 game every week. It's a combination yet to be worked out, who plays next to Lukaku? We already tried a few, Werner in good form so play him expect Mount to get a few games in, maybe a while before Havetz starts an important game.

34 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Bang on! Can’t see him and Lukaku together ever working out together, and personally seems we have pissed around £170m on both him and Lukaku to compete for one position in the long run. Tuchel should have worked on getting better service around him with Werner covering as the frontman when he is out. 

I think Havertz is the best suited player to complement Lukaku actually.

Lukaku says himself he dislikes playing as a central striker as his preferred move is to attack from the right-hand side.  Havertz is at his best when he has space to attack the centre. We saw glimpses of how this should work against Arsenal with Lukaku dragging the CBs out of position and allowing Havertz to attack the space or get in behind the CBs.

I think that ultimately we need to start looking away from the 3-atb system and start looking at moving to a 4-3-3 with Havertz as the central forward. Our defence is nothing to write home about this season despite the miserly goal count - we are overperforming our Expected Goals Against (xGA) which suggests we are conceding chances from 'good' shooting positions. That's due to some great individual performances from our defenders and keeper rather than the system.

Understat's xG model predicts that we should have conceded 8 goals from our 7 games this season - we have only conceded 3!

For comparison, our defence was so strong last season that the same xG model predicted we should have only conceded 11 goals from Tuchel's 18 games.

It's times like these that great coaches make winning changes, so over to Tuchel.

On 12/08/2020 at 20:10, Spiller86 said:

As for Ballack, I don't recall him much at Leverkusen, by the time we got him, he was at his peak. Havertz for me is a different sort of player. Its a bit of a lazy comparison. Perhaps the only things they have in common are being tall German and having that languid style (which you wait will be taken as not trying here same as it was for Ballack).

Sage words

8 hours ago, thebluekid said:

If there was ever a video that basically said 'f**k you' to me in a reply, it was this, hahaha. Brilliant, worst shot I have ever seen! 

My favourite part about it is that his shot didn't even make the goal line. I think that letting go of De Bruyne was a horrible mistake but Salah was genuinely rubbish for us. He also deserves a lot of credit for going to Serie A and working his arse off to be something other than Egypt's Gronkjaer, because he could have coasted there on promise alone.

Of course he absolutely nails one of those shots for Liverpool when he plays against us 

Salah Chelsea GIF - Salah Chelsea 2019 - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by SydneyChelsea

2 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

My favourite part about it is that his shot didn't even make the goal line. I think that letting go of De Bruyne was a horrible mistake but Salah was genuinely rubbish for us. He also deserves a lot of credit for going to Serie A and working his arse off to be something other than Egypt's Gronkjaer, because he could have coasted there on promise alone.

Of course he absolutely nails one of those shots for Liverpool when he plays against us 

With Mendy, there is no chance that shot went in. 

11 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

One of the best goals we have ever conceded in fairness this. Absolute humdinger. He worked his nut off on finishing and end product, his confidence then grew when it start to pay off. His physique and athletic performance are also to be admired. He is an out and out goalscorer now, he can go missing in games but he has that World Class ability to find the net which is why he's absolutely priceless for Liverpool and they should do everything to keep him there.

1 hour ago, thebluekid said:

One of the best goals we have ever conceded in fairness this. Absolute humdinger. He worked his nut off on finishing and end product, his confidence then grew when it start to pay off. His physique and athletic performance are also to be admired. He is an out and out goalscorer now, he can go missing in games but he has that World Class ability to find the net which is why he's absolutely priceless for Liverpool and they should do everything to keep him there.

They should but will he resist the Messi like money from PSG and Newcastle?

Let Salah's performance today again be a reminder of just how good a player can become once they hit their prime. Compared to what he was at 21, right now Salah is at least for me the best player in the world on current form. 

Kai Havertz is 22 we know how good he is right now and he's out of form, we don't know how good he could become once he hits his peak so once again we need to remind ourselves that we bought him for the future and to trust the process. I love Pulisic but, at least Kai has the added benefit of not being unavailable through regular injury with both these players I hope we retain them for a long time.