Kai Havertz

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, driller97 said:

I wouldnt say miles. Havertz wants to come here and the personal terms have basically been agreed, all thats left is the fee with leverkusen which we are also close to

I suppose I don't want to get excited to have it dashed.

34 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

I for one am very sceptical that this will happen,I just feel most of what has been written is just twitter rubbish, I would love it to be true but I just have a feeling in my water,and its still miles away from being done.

It’s fine to be skeptical but the same twitter folk who are reporting about Havertz are the ones who reported the Ziyech and Werner deals - Matt Law, Fabrizio Romano, etc. There’s a lot of rubbish out there but these guys are typically authentic and accurate in their reporting.

25 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

It’s fine to be skeptical but the same twitter folk who are reporting about Havertz are the ones who reported the Ziyech and Werner deals - Matt Law, Fabrizio Romano, etc. There’s a lot of rubbish out there but these guys are typically authentic and accurate in their reporting.

Precisely. Some of these sources are reputable and are worth listening to, but I can't blame people for still thinking its far off when there are so many crappy sources around that have been wrong countless times

Is he that good? 

This is another chance to bring a dynasty if these guys are even close to the level of Hazard, De Bruyne and Salah. Pulisic is 21, Havertz is 21, Timo Werner is 24, Hakim is 27(someone in his prime for the next let's say 4-5 seasons). 

If they live up to the expectations we might win 4-5 titles out of the next 7 years. 

We just have to stay away from Jose. 

3 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Is he that good? 

This is another chance to bring a dynasty if these guys are even close to the level of Hazard, De Bruyne and Salah. Pulisic is 21, Havertz is 21, Timo Werner is 24, Hakim is 27(someone in his prime for the next let's say 4-5 seasons). 

If they live up to the expectations we might win 4-5 titles out of the next 7 years. 

We just have to stay away from Jose. 

There is still a lot of questions to be answered before we start counting titles though. Will take a year or so for them to blend and learn to play together, no doubt injuries will occur in that span too. No doubt we will also address defense, but will that also take some time? 

also, odds would tell you at least one of these guys won’t pan out or live up to potential, if we landed 4 rock solid stars and all pan out that crazy. 

right now there are just too many unknowns, however one thing I think we can all say is, we are headed in the right direction.

11 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

All fair points.

The problem is this "we'll score one more than them approach" doesn't play out well over the long term.

Indeed, lots of 8-7‘a would put our entire fan base into heart failure. 

13 hours ago, dkw said:

I said this before but I dont understand when people write this kind of thing, just because we are looking to sign player A it doesnt mean we arent also trying to sign players B, C and D...

Naturally and we may well do that. It would be great if we did. But the pot isn't unlimited, particularly given our revenue will likely be shot to bits for at least another 12 months.

Havertz I assume will carry 150k/w wages as well as an 80m plus fee. At some point investment in one precludes investment in the other, even if we are for now seemingly playing in a different market to the rest of Europe.

Now I take the point others have made about him being a once in a decade player and you take the chance when you get it, but I for one would be happier to see us make the investment in the part of the squad that is really struggling, which is in defence. 

20 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

All fair points.

The problem is this "we'll score one more than them approach" doesn't play out well over the long term. Title wins with very few exceptions are built on defence. Part of that is personnel, part is tactical. We don't have either right at the moment.

We've bought two new attackers who will improve our finishing and creativity. For me 80m on an attacking midfielder with good potential is less of a need than a goalkeeper, centre back and left back. Now we might buy them too but the pot isn't unlimited and 80m is a lot.

It's not going to be a long term thing though, this isn't like Jose2.0/Conte times where the tunnel vision was an immediate title at all costs, we're looking to build a dynasty where our (hopefully) eventual dominantion is sustained over a period of time and ain't a deal with the devil which gives us a humiliating defense of it. 

Furthermore i don't think our defensive issues are as unfixable as the goals against collum suggests, our XGA is on par with Liverpool but Kepa's save% is thd lowest of any first choice PL keeper ever, that alone suggests even getting in a keeper who does average will improve us defensively.

15 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

I for one am very sceptical that this will happen,I just feel most of what has been written is just twitter rubbish, I would love it to be true but I just have a feeling in my water,and its still miles away from being done.

Completely understand how you feel and usually I’m a pessimistic person but this Havertz transfer in my opinion it’s almost good as done, unless something went extremely wrong. 

What can still fail this deal if and when these reliable sources are believed is a) Chelsea and Leverkusen are way off in valuating Havertz (b) Real Madrid decides they do have the money to buy Havertz and make a bid.

Neither seem plausible at the moment.

16 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Naturally and we may well do that. It would be great if we did. But the pot isn't unlimited, particularly given our revenue will likely be shot to bits for at least another 12 months.

Havertz I assume will carry 150k/w wages as well as an 80m plus fee. At some point investment in one precludes investment in the other, even if we are for now seemingly playing in a different market to the rest of Europe.

Now I take the point others have made about him being a once in a decade player and you take the chance when you get it, but I for one would be happier to see us make the investment in the part of the squad that is really struggling, which is in defence. 

Is their a once in a decade defender in a position we need thats not already at a big club and available? You could argue Davies or Lodi at Bayern and Atletico respectively but they’re not going anywhere. At CB? There’s no real top level talent on the market, you’d be gambling on potential. 

I think Havertz to us is a done deal. It’s just a matter of when as opposed to if. Once we agree a fee it’ll be done. CF Bayern on Twitter is extremely accurate with German news and he seems very confident it’s going to happen.

17 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

But there is no one at the top level that's a massive upgrade on our CBs that's available.

Bayern won't sell any of their first choice defenders since they just built the perfect backline this season. Any other top club would fleece us like it's shearing season. 

We have a possible 100m player that's unsettled and can be sold for 20-30% cheaper that could massively improve our attack. It's a no-brainer considering half the forum slags half if not all of our midfielders at different times of the season. 

If you truly believe Havertz is a once in a decade player, then you go for him every single time and figure out the rest later, especially given how relatively easy this is right now. We literally have no other clubs competing with us for his services. This is unheard of if he is as good as some are saying. 

in addition, they are still planning to address the defense with or without Havertz, these two items are not mutually exclusive. We have been rumored with every keeper that has ever played the game at this point, and have discussed several LB’s or CB’s that the club is looking into. Everyone wants a stud for the back line, unfortunately there aren’t a lot floating out here right now.

4 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

I think he is far more likely to want to play for us over Madrid, especially when we have Rudgier, Werner and Ballack hopefully bending his ear. We are a team building something special.

He will make the right decision, he will become a blue soon enough. 

Liam Twomey said it smart in this case. The talent is so apparent you buy and figure how to play all of them later. This is what we did when we bought Mata, Oscar and then later when opportunity arose Eden Hazard. It ended up nicely.

Havertz you can see as an investment. I bet he can strengthen us right away.

If we have a budget of 300 million then get Havertz and a goalie.

If not and it's a choice between a TOP goalie / Defender and no Havertz, or Havertz plus a bargain bin defensive signing then I'm sorry but it's the wrong priority. 

Depends how much we really have available. 

10 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

I think he is far more likely to want to play for us over Madrid, especially when we have Rudgier, Werner and Ballack hopefully bending his ear. We are a team building something special.

No player turns Real Madrid down, biggest most successful and historic club on the planet. Us fans wouldn't turn Chelsea down, but players aren't supporters, and even us supporters would turn our club down if Real Madrid were offering mega money and a great life style

35 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

If we have a budget of 300 million then get Havertz and a goalie.

If not and it's a choice between a TOP goalie / Defender and no Havertz, or Havertz plus a bargain bin defensive signing then I'm sorry but it's the wrong priority. 

Depends how much we really have available. 

We can increase our budget by offloading a load of dross.

Buy Havertz, Oblak, Tagliafico and 2 new CB's.

Sell Zouma, Christensen, Kepa, Emerson, Barkley, Bumshuayi, Willian, Bakayoko