Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

On 05/06/2020 at 13:04, BordeauxBlue said:

There honestly isn't that much between Havertz and Mount overall this season.

They've both been up and down, in form and out of it, which is to be expected from young players. 

Mount is so far off Havertz, there really isn’t no comparison. There is a reason why the latter has been linked to Madrid & Bayern with a £100m price tag. 

Think it’s all paper talk and can’t see it happening, but if there was any chance to get him here we should. Saying a player will potentially block Mount’s or Tammy’s development is very flawed, with them we are 34pts behind Liverpool. Our home grown player will all have to step up going forward.

Mount is so far off Havertz, there really isn’t no comparison. There is a reason why the latter has been linked to Madrid & Bayern with a £100m price tag. 

Think it’s all paper talk and can’t see it happening, but if there was any chance to get him here we should. Saying a player will potentially block Mount’s or Tammy’s development is very flawed, with them we are 34pts behind Liverpool. Our home grown player will all have to step up going forward.
I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Mason Mount is top rated youngster. Leverkusen had a chance to play Havertz for a longer period. Level at Bundesliga is not quite the level of Prem. Mount is almost a fixed starter for a top 4 side in the Prem.

Havertz has height on his side. His movement is different. Mount is more of an aggressive midfielder with a great shot. Those two can make a beautiful partnership and if Havertz would come Mount would be the one showing him how the Prem works and not Kai.

Anyway he is a super exciting player. Personally I don't see him being Frankie-type. Maybe it is the tall figure and the way he gracefully dances on the pitch. Fun to see how this saga ends.
On 05/06/2020 at 12:32, big blue said:

Dont really know if we need him now. 

I suppose it all depends on what system we play, and what roles Werner and Ziyech are used in. 

If werner is used primarily down the centre,  and Ziyech on the wing, you could argue Havertz could be required, but i think it would mean selling Barkley, Giroud and Batshuayi which could be difficult in the current climate. 

Great player though like Sancho, hope neither of them end up at a domestic rival if they do move. 

I'm all for selling those 3 if we want to move for Havertz. I don't see them all sticking around regardless but they'd be irrelevant if we sign this guy. 

8 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

Paper talk really. Can't see us spending that much again on another attacking player. This isn't 2004 after all!

For me we'd be crazy to buy a Havertz when our defence is such a basket case. That sort of money buys us a Kepa replacement and a left back or centre back which are much bigger priorities. 

Be terrible to watch us next year scoring goals and still losing because we are so leaky at the back, particularly on the counter.

Christian Falk confirmed our interest in Kai Havertz. German fans rate him as tier one source and the unique situation we’re in thanks to the transfer ban last year, we are in a really strong position. It could happen.

Havertz or Sancho? who do people prefer?
Two completely different players. Sancho would be a direct replacement for Pedro and Willian. Havertz would be a midfielder this squad should be build around. Havertz is also more versatile. If we just want to add goals it is Sancho.
All paper talk, because we got some money we will be linked to everyone, we haven't even signed Werner yet, better be careful we  don't end up with no one.
Werner is probably in the bag. It would mean someone pulled a Willian from Tottenham-doctor to prevent this.

Havertz is clearly much further and pretty much uncertain.
25 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Personally would prefer Sancho, I genuinely believe Mount will grow to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the world. (he’s criminally underrated by Chelsea fans in my opinion) & we have Tino who is a top talent who plays a similar position as well.

We haven’t had a truly top class RW since Robben but as bisright said, I think Lampard will prefer the versatility and the price leaves they money for Chilwell.

6 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Werner / Abraham 

Pulisic / Mount / RLC / Ziyech / CHO / Havertz

Jorginho / Kovacic / Kante / Gilmour 

Goodbye Barkley? Would be difficult keeping all those names happy with 50% game time. 

Barkley is almost definitely gone. Willian and Pedro seem very likely to leave as well. Even out of our deeper midfielders, I think one of Jorginho or Kante are going to leave as well.

49 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Barkley is almost definitely gone. Willian and Pedro seem very likely to leave as well. Even out of our deeper midfielders, I think one of Jorginho or Kante are going to leave as well.

I very much doubt that myself, especially if Barkley was to leave. Having four players for two positions, where each can offer something different (which they really do when you think about it) is excellent for us in a 65+ game season. 

I really really can't see this happening. Ziyech and Werner are simply two beautifully well weighted additions to address our current requirements. So unless Chelsea are literally trying to break football, spending at least 70m GBP on Havertz while there is serious need in other positions (LB / CB) would be almost criminal. I am already struggling to figure out our potential strongest attacking line-up for next season, even if we entirely ignore Barkley, Pedro and Willian:

The two system Lamps preferred last season were 4-3-3...

Werner (CHO)---------Tammy (Giroud)--------Ziyech (Puli)

RLC (Kova)--------------Kante (Gilmour)---------- Mount (Jorginho)

... or the 4-2-3-1

--------------------Werner (Tammy/Giroud)-----------------------

Puli (CHO) ----------------Mount (RLC)-----------------Ziyech (CHO)

---------------Jorginho (Gilmour)------Kante (Kova)----------

However, many (including me) have been intrigued by the idea of playing two up front, either in a 4-4-2 (as Werner does currently in Leipzig)...

------------------Werner--------------------Tammy-------------

Puli (Mount)--Kante (Kova)--Jorgi (RLC/Gilmour)--Ziyech (CHO)

... or potentially the slightly less common 4-1-2-1-2

--Werner----Tammy

-------Mount-----

--RLC-------Ziyech

-------Kante------

Looking at the speed and versatility available is already absolute bliss! And I'm sure it might cause Lampard one or the other headache, particularly a potentially arising duel (in Havertz' CAM position) between Mount and RLC (I know people have different views on his best position). In our position a transfer approaching nine figures should only be made to achieve an immense improvement, and to me the only positions where such improvement is possible for us atm are in defence.

2 hours ago, DannyLB said:

I very much doubt that myself, especially if Barkley was to leave. Having four players for two positions, where each can offer something different (which they really do when you think about it) is excellent for us in a 65+ game season. 

Don't get me wrong, would love for both of them to stay but they have been constantly linked with moves away in the past year. Especially Jorginho who just seems destined to reunite with Sarri at Juve. There have been quite a few rumours of Kante leaving as well, with PSG being the most likely destination

2 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Also do remember that we still have RLC coming back from injury and also Gilmour just stepping upto the plate. If Ampadu returns from loan he can also play there, and Gallagher is another good shout in that position.

We are definitely stacked in MF, even if Barkley and one of Jorginho/Kante were to leave

11 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Werner / Abraham 

Pulisic / Mount / RLC / Ziyech / CHO / Havertz

Jorginho / Kovacic / Kante / Gilmour 

Goodbye Barkley? Would be difficult keeping all those names happy with 50% game time. 

I actually rate RLC as near enough world class before he got injured he was u playable at times, very excited to see what frank can do with him and hopefully this hike off has let that injury get healed well and truly. 

I don’t think there is room for Barkley even without Havertz. We have Mount, RLC, Ziyech and Pulasic that can all play number 10 and are all better than Ross Barkley 

I can see us going for Werner & Havertz, instead of paying the sum Dortmund want for Sancho. It opens up alot of new options/formations for our attack atleast. 

AMR/FWR: Ziyech/CHO

AMC: Havertz/RLC/Mount/Pulisic

AML/FWL: Werner/Pulisic

FC/Striker: Werner/Abraham/Havertz

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Havertz for me. Just as talented and can play on the wing and deeper. Sancho more of a goal threat but I personally dislike players showing off over social media about getting a haircut from a fancy barber whilst also flouting lockdown rules. Doesn't sit right with me and I'd question his mentality/maturity. Sancho is a brilliant talent, no doubt, but I'd prefer Havertz if I had to choose between the 2. 

I also think Hudson Odoi can better Sancho, although I know he's now having his own off the field issues! He's our player though, so going to back him. 

Edited by DannyVblue

All a dream atm, but If we can get him, definitely yes, Havertz is one if the most promising players in Germany and Bundesliga. I reckon if we get Werner, Havertz would compliment him tremendously. Fingers crossed :) and i think Gilmore and Mount can learn  and develop at the same time. Its a win win.