Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

Dortmund won't...

But I still have this feeling Bayern will come in to snatch Havertz. It just fits their philosophy. Coutinho is leaving the club and if Bayern sells Thiago, Martinez and Tolisso I'm 100% sure they will make a late push for Havertz!  With Kimmich, Cuisance and Havertz they will have their midfield for years to come. Alaba and Boateng will probably leave as well which will give them even more room to go after Kai. 

We'll see what happens. Hoping he will be a Blue come next weekend.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Its all gone ominously quiet. Worrying.

To be fair, the club had to focus on forming a partnership with an official chocolate partner. Not a moment too soon, in the 21st century no club can be without an official chocolate partner in my view

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/08/04/new-global-partnership-with-cadbury-owner-mondelz-international-?cardIndex=0-1

1 hour ago, rtwelch said:

Leverkusen have a game tomorrow and Havertz is playing in it. It would be stupid for either club to allow anything to be leaked or announce anything.

I'm actually surprised both Parties would allow him to play, if god forbid he had a serious incident, thats the deal off....

9 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I'm actually surprised both Parties would allow him to play, if god forbid he had a serious incident, thats the deal off....

I don't think Chelsea hold much of the power in this situation. I reckon Leverkusen said you can have him before the Europa but for £90m and we chose to wait. Worst case is he gets injured and he stays there but it's still kind of good for Leverkusen who i'm sure want to keep him.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

To be fair, the club had to focus on forming a partnership with an official chocolate partner. Not a moment too soon, in the 21st century no club can be without an official chocolate partner in my view

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/08/04/new-global-partnership-with-cadbury-owner-mondelz-international-?cardIndex=0-1

I think we should all have official chocolate partners.

"WhiteWall, in association with Dime Bar"..Mmm

In my opinion, I think everything has gone quiet because the deal is done and all that’s left is Leverkusen’s Europa campaign to end.
This is what the reports say today. They will get past Rangers with the 2 goal advantage they have. The game is tomorrow. After that the following games come pretty fast.

1 minute ago, evissy said:
20 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:
In my opinion, I think everything has gone quiet because the deal is done and all that’s left is Leverkusen’s Europa campaign to end.

This is what the reports say today. They will get past Rangers with the 2 goal advantage they have. The game is tomorrow. After that the following games come pretty fast.

I just noticed that the QF onwards are not 2-leg matches. Are they all being played in a neutral location like with the Champions League?

9 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I just noticed that the QF onwards are not 2-leg matches. Are they all being played in a neutral location like with the Champions League?

The 2019/20 UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament across four cities in Germany in August: Cologne, Duisburg, Düsseldorf and Gelsenkirchen.

37 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Agreed, I made the mistake of watching his documentary and reading what opposition fans think of him and so I’m not desperate for him to come. 

I used to be one of those people who said ‘oh well I’ve not heard anything for 2 days it’s all gone quiet we’re not going to sign him we’re gonna get relegated football is dead’ etc... but what you’ve said is spot on - why would there even be consideration of official transfer talk whilst they’re still in a competition they can win? I’m sure both player and club want to focus on winning the EL. 

Plus I can’t find the post so apologies but someone said they wouldn’t play him so as not to risk an injury? I know it’s slightly different because we had no financial gain but we did it with Pedro. He’ll play and, for selfish reasons, whilst I’d rather he not you have to accept he’s still a BL player, they pay his salary and they have a trophy to go for.  

20 minutes ago, Gem said:

Agreed, I made the mistake of watching his documentary and reading what opposition fans think of him and so I’m not desperate for him to come. 

I used to be one of those people who said ‘oh well I’ve not heard anything for 2 days it’s all gone quiet we’re not going to sign him we’re gonna get relegated football is dead’ etc... but what you’ve said is spot on - why would there even be consideration of official transfer talk whilst they’re still in a competition they can win? I’m sure both player and club want to focus on winning the EL. 

Plus I can’t find the post so apologies but someone said they wouldn’t play him so as not to risk an injury? I know it’s slightly different because we had no financial gain but we did it with Pedro. He’ll play and, for selfish reasons, whilst I’d rather he not you have to accept he’s still a BL player, they pay his salary and they have a trophy to go for.  

Yeah agreed. Also, one thing we all should keep in mind: the club would be signing Kai with the intention of him being a Blue for half a decade, and hopefully more. If we have to wait for Europa to end and the only consequence is he misses the start of our season due to a shortened preseason, it’s a fair trade to make and Chelsea still will reap high rewards this season and beyond from the player.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

There would have to be some stipulation that if he were to get injured the deal is off then, no? I mean the idea of paying 80 million for a player and the allowing him to even train, let alone still play for the club selling him seems absurd. Doesn't seem, is. Is absurd. I don't see any possible way the deal is done if he is still playing for Leverkusen.