Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

There's a heck of a lot of hype around this guy. 
Is he all that?
Ziyech's Youtube showreel is better.
His versatility, numbers, age, accomplishments all point him to be the real deal. I have a feeling it might take some time for him to find his feet in the Prem but in the end it pays off. If it doesn't pay off we can always sell him on at the same price or even more. For me this is a no brainer investment. If he is like it seems us fans will love him.

He is not the explosive player or personality like Costa was so some fans will probably warm to him very slowly if at all. Personally I love to see him feature for us. He has something Frank has, something Eidur has and something Cesc has.
If we do end up signing Havertz, it is going to be very interesting to see what happens with Loftus-Cheek ... they would be competing for the same starting position for me ...
Havertz is good at AMF, RM, RW, CM or even at CF. However this puts a shadow to Ruben's future. He is 24 and in all honesty riddled with injuries through his all time in the first team. I want him to make it. Barkley should be the one taking the bullet IMO.

29 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

If we do end up signing Havertz, it is going to be very interesting to see what happens with Loftus-Cheek ... they would be competing for the same starting position for me ...

RLC only signed a new long term deal last summer, so i think he will be here for the forseeable future. RLC just needs to try remaining available for a good stretch of games, we saw what a weapon he could be in the period he broke through under Sarri, but he needs to be fit. 

I think theres plenty of options to have both in the side aswell, I also wouldnt be suprised if RLC adapted his game and started playing deeper, especially if that injury has left any permanent damage to his explosiveness.

4 hours ago, big blue said:

RLC only signed a new long term deal last summer, so i think he will be here for the forseeable future. RLC just needs to try remaining available for a good stretch of games, we saw what a weapon he could be in the period he broke through under Sarri, but he needs to be fit. 

I think theres plenty of options to have both in the side aswell, I also wouldnt be suprised if RLC adapted his game and started playing deeper, especially if that injury has left any permanent damage to his explosiveness.

Havertz at 189cm and RLC at 191cm could be two great physically-imposing goal-scoring number 8's with say Rice at DM behind them in a 4-3-3 ...

4 hours ago, big blue said:

I`m worried we wont ever get to see RLC get a good run of games, his injuries all seem to be muscular and have been linked back to his chronic back injury. But him and Havertz in an attacking midfield will ruin defences.

7 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Can see Barkely going to Newcastle or West Ham for a tidy profit...

It would be funny to see Barkley go back to merseyside for a tidy profit. Their Mayor or Town crier whos name escapes me would be whining just as much as he did when Barkley came this way ( albeit undervalued at the time so he reckoned ) 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5302704/mayor-of-liverpool-joe-anderson-ross-barkley-transfer-fraud/

Edited by One Tommy Langley
11 hours ago, Andy North said:

There's a heck of a lot of hype around this guy. 

Is he all that?

Ziyech's Youtube showreel is better.

Considering he's scored 38 goals in the last 2 seasons despite being only 21 I'd say he's pretty decent...

4 hours ago, dkw said:

I`m worried we wont ever get to see RLC get a good run of games, his injuries all seem to be muscular and have been linked back to his chronic back injury. But him and Havertz in an attacking midfield will ruin defences.

That back problem is probably a bigger worry than the achilles since it has been with him since the youth team. Maybe it was something they addressed during his lay off aswell. 

RLC labelled as the english ballack, and Havertz labelled as the german Lampard! ironic to say the least.

25 minutes ago, big blue said:

That back problem is probably a bigger worry than the achilles since it has been with him since the youth team. Maybe it was something they addressed during his lay off aswell. 

RLC labelled as the english ballack, and Havertz labelled as the german Lampard! ironic to say the least.

If it is a chronic injury then it can't be sorted, just managed unfortunately. 

Ha ha, that is a beautiful irony.