Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

25 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

I've seen that and it is so funny. They all assume we will never play Tammy, Mount, James etc yet for me they'll be even better playing with our new class signings, let alone Silva's natural leadership.

It's more amusing when it's United fans given they are looking to break their transfer record for a player who will slot in where their golden boy has been playing.

Seriously I want us to get over this last season please, we faced some circumstances, and we started using academy players in Chelsea. Please look at the kind of teams we are facing. In the Champions league and in the Premier league. If we want to compete with the likes of Liverpool in the Premier league, I don't think we can be using these kind of players.

Last season, against Liverpool, in the league, how did we do? Against United in the league, how did we do? Last season, against Bayern, how did we do?

I reckon we did well some times, but we should not be at that level where Man United is defeating us like.

Please any player that is not at the level of the players that we face should not be playing please.

We all have been waiting for this transfer to happen. It won't be an easy life for him in the first season and we all gonna be need to be patient. He's going to work harder than he has been working in the past years, he came to league where teams are going to do everything to survive. The speed of the game is crazy, the aggression, the motivation. 

If Lampard believes he's the type of the player we need right now, then I'm gonna trust him. Let's hope Havertz will bring some numbers this season.

Good luck Kai!

8 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Seriously I want us to get over this last season please, we faced some circumstances, and we started using academy players in Chelsea. Please look at the kind of teams we are facing. In the Champions league and in the Premier league. If we want to compete with the likes of Liverpool in the Premier league, I don't think we can be using these kind of players.

Last season, against Liverpool, in the league, how did we do? Against United in the league, how did we do? Last season, against Bayern, how did we do?

I reckon we did well some times, but we should not be at that level where Man United is defeating us like.

Please any player that is not at the level of the players that we face should not be playing please.

Liverpool fans widely regard our games as the toughest they had all season, we went toe to toe every time and not once looked out of place.

Regarding United, the way they sit and back and counter is perfect for facing even finished article possession based sides let alone one still in its early stages of forming. For reference they also beat City 3 times out of 4.

You fail to mention more of the really good promising games/results. We became the first ever team to do the double on Mourinho, we beat every single member of the top 8 atleast once, we outfootballed a previous season CL semi finalist in their own backyard etc.

58 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I would rather we go with the midfield two and push Kai more forward personally? I think most posters are right though, it will likely be Kai and Mount in the midfield with Kante behind. 

I think that is what will happen. A 433 with kante Mount and Havertz in midfield lacks balance because havertz really lacks in the defensive side of his game. Knowing Lamps i am sure he will give hazard the same treatment he gave Pulisic and ease him into the team. I see Mount starting over havertz in the first month of the season as he gets used to England and then from then on it will be a straight battle between Mount and Kai for that number 10 spot. Dont sleep on Mason though, i see a lot of steel in that kid and expect him to play a lot games this season...

1 minute ago, The Don Antonio said:

I think that is what will happen. A 433 with kante Mount and Havertz in midfield lacks balance because havertz really lacks in the defensive side of his game. Knowing Lamps i am sure he will give hazard the same treatment he gave Pulisic and ease him into the team. I see Mount starting over havertz in the first month of the season as he gets used to England and then from then on it will be a straight battle between Mount and Kai for that number 10 spot. Dont sleep on Mason though, i see a lot of steel in that kid and expect him to play a lot games this season...

Agree. Interesting that you said Hazard instead of Havertz 🙂

I think Mason Mount is also good but if you watch Havertz' videos on YouTube and you have an idea of the kind of player he is, you have to as yourself, Is Mason Mount world class good enough to be Chelsea's no 8, in the premier league against any opponent, in the Champions league? we saw him last season. I don't think so.

If you as yourself thesame question concerning Havertz, you will say yes. So I feel Havertz should be the one. I look at the Calibre of players in the midfield of teams like Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and other Champions league opponents, I feel Chelsea's midfield at the moment just need one new solid defensive midfielder to be up to the level of those teams.

7 hours ago, Argo said:

Liverpool fans widely regard our games as the toughest they had all season, we went toe to toe every time and not once looked out of place.

Regarding United, the way they sit and back and counter is perfect for facing even finished article possession based sides let alone one still in its early stages of forming. For reference they also beat City 3 times out of 4.

You fail to mention more of the really good promising games/results. We became the first ever team to do the double on Mourinho, we beat every single member of the top 8 atleast once, we outfootballed a previous season CL semi finalist in their own backyard etc.

But, you understand my point. I don't want us to remain at the level we were last season, I don't know if you want it, but I don't want it.

If Oxlade Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Minamino and Keita can be on the bench at Liverpool, it's not too much for Mount to be on the bench at Chelsea. 

However Mount can still be starting and Chelsea may not buy Rice. If Lampard can makes Kante Mount and Havertz partnership to work in the midfield.

35 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

I think Mason Mount is also good but if you watch Havertz' videos on YouTube and you have an idea of the kind of player he is, you have to as yourself, Is Mason Mount world class good enough to be Chelsea's no 8, in the premier league against any opponent, in the Champions league? we saw him last season. I don't think so.

If you as yourself thesame question concerning Havertz, you will say yes. So I feel Havertz should be the one. I look at the Calibre of players in the midfield of teams like Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and other Champions league opponents, I feel Chelsea's midfield at the moment just need one new solid defensive midfielder to be up to the level of those teams.

Well lets see who will that be then. Lampard will play Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho and Gilmour there. We'll see who will come as the best option, let the challenges begin!

On 15/06/2020 at 08:38, Belfast_blue5 said:

The boy looks a great talent but we our stacked in midfield. I just cant see us paying 90 million for another midfielder. I think Werner will play mostly wide left so we have spent around 150 million in the last few windows upgrading the wide positions. Personally i would prefer us buying a world class centre back a real leader who will help bring on the younger guys. 

Harry Maguire might be available.  Or Lindelof. Buy him and we'll throw in Lingard as a sweetener.

1 minute ago, Stretford Ender said:

Me too. Rumour was that Real and Barca were sniffing around but Van Der Sar steered him our way but I've no idea where we'll play him.

Well some sh*te united pundit claimed he has a better all round game than prime lampard. 

But seriously, he's the depth you guys are craving for. If you went and got Sancho and umpanecano (can't remember his name) from leipzig I think you'd be 100% title challengers. 

9 minutes ago, Stretford Ender said:

Me too. Rumour was that Real and Barca were sniffing around but Van Der Sar steered him our way but I've no idea where we'll play him.

If you fail to get Sancho I'd say 41212 (diamond) would be your best formation for attacking players as you'd be able to fit all of Fernandes, Pogba and VDB in but the problem is your fullbacks, to make that formation work you need attacking width and Shaw and especially AWB don't have that quality going forward.

Just now, bisright1 said:

Well some sh*te united pundit claimed he has a better all round game than prime lampard. 

But seriously, he's the depth you guys are craving for. If you went and got Sancho and umpanecano (can't remember his name) from leipzig I think you'd be 100% title challengers. 

Bit of a bold statement to make and, of course, over the top. I bet the pundit didn't even see Lampard at his best. I did and he was up there alongside Robson, Wilkins, Keane, and Viera in terms of his ability to both lead and dictate play. His dad wasn't a bad player either back in the day.

I can't see the Glazers paying Dortmund's price for Sancho, even though we are desperate for a player like him.  There was talk of us selling Pogba but his sleazy agent reckons he's staying. Most infuriating player I've seen play for us in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Argo said:

If you fail to get Sancho I'd say 41212 (diamond) would be your best formation for attacking players as you'd be able to fit all of Fernandes, Pogba and VDB in but the problem is your fullbacks, to make that formation work you need attacking width and Shaw and especially AWB don't have that quality going forward.

Agree 100%. Shaw is a liability, Dan James is not good enough, and may never be. AWB is a traditional full-back, not a wing back. We're all right up front with Greenwood, who is a bit special, Rashford, and Martial but way too narrow.