Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

52 minutes ago, Stretford Ender said:

Bit of a bold statement to make and, of course, over the top. I bet the pundit didn't even see Lampard at his best. I did and he was up there alongside Robson, Wilkins, Keane, and Viera in terms of his ability to both lead and dictate play. His dad wasn't a bad player either back in the day.

I can't see the Glazers paying Dortmund's price for Sancho, even though we are desperate for a player like him.  There was talk of us selling Pogba but his sleazy agent reckons he's staying. Most infuriating player I've seen play for us in a long time. 

I think Bruno did in 6 months what Pogba hasn't been able to do in 4 years. 

Pogba no doubt has talent, but how many consistent performances does he bring? Not a lot for me. 

24 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think Bruno did in 6 months what Pogba hasn't been able to do in 4 years. 

Pogba no doubt has talent, but how many consistent performances does he bring? Not a lot for me. 

One or two, and that was when Zlatan was in the team. What I will say is that no team has made an offer for him, even when he at odds with Jose and made it clear he wanted out. I think we're stuck with him until Raiola decides otherwise.

This is a fantastic signing for the club, not only in terms of Havertz ability but it's also a statement signing - something I don't think we've really had since we signed Hazard in 2012. This was one of the most coveted young players in Europe and we've managed to bring him in. Of course, he will need time to adapt to the PL but he seems the type who is likely to hit the ground running. This is the most excited I've been about a signing in a long time. Looking purely at his stats it demonstrates he really is an all round player that can operate to a really high level in multiple positions. The versatility we have in attacking positions is frightening and it gives us so many options for formations and in game adjustments without the need to change personnel.

The fee being reported around an initial outlay of £62m is crazy good business, I appreciate there will be add ons etc included and the fee will eventually rise but in the immediate outlay that is an exceptional deal for a player of Havertz ability and potential.

This is a really exciting team we're building - I can't wait for the season to get started now!

hello fellas,

in germany ze prezz writes  had in no way let him go 2 chelsea , "shame for german football , loss for the attractivity of the leugue, should have go 2 bayern or dortmund, :) 

this is just one of the  howling press releases, im entertained by these crying monkeys , nd be proud of him, so i take my chair and sit here (nd be quiet my english is scool english 20 years ago only). 

https://www.t-online.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/id_88524030/nach-chelsea-wechsel-kai-havertz-haette-niemals-nach-london-wechseln-duerfen.html  

Edited by hello123
13 hours ago, evissy said:

'Leverkusen' says we paid €100m and 'Chelsea' says it is 62m Sterling without add ons. Anyway if it doesn't bother Havertz I don't care which one it is.

My interpretation is Chelsea paid £62m, addons can take it up to a possible €100m, if every bonus payment is activated. 

My interpretation is Chelsea paid £62m, addons can take it up to a possible €100m, if every bonus payment is activated. 
Matt Law from the Telegraph says 62m Sterling and most other sources say €80m + €20m possible add ons. If it is 72m Sterling it would be €80m. Anyway... Who knows.

12 hours ago, hello123 said:

hello fellas,

in germany ze prezz writes  had in no way let him go 2 chelsea , "shame for german football , loss for the attractivity of the leugue, should have go 2 bayern or dortmund, 🙂

this is just one of the  howling press releases, im entertained by these crying monkeys , nd be proud of him, so i take my chair and sit here (nd be quiet my english is scool english 20 years ago only). 

https://www.t-online.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/id_88524030/nach-chelsea-wechsel-kai-havertz-haette-niemals-nach-london-wechseln-duerfen.html  

The media in Germany are forever in the service of Bayern. Long may they howl.

10 minutes ago, evissy said:
37 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Matt Law from the Telegraph says 62m Sterling and most other sources say €80m + €20m possible add ons. If it is 72m Sterling it would be €80m. Anyway... Who knows.

The only people claiming it was €100m were a bunch of social media "in-the-knows" who since lost a fair chunk of credibility, if they had any to begin with. All credible sources have reported the fees as £62m+ add-ons up to £72m, unfortunately making him still less expensive than Kepa.

The only people claiming it was €100m were a bunch of social media "in-the-knows" who since lost a fair chunk of credibility, if they had any to begin with. All credible sources have reported the fees as £62m+ add-ons up to £72m, unfortunately making him still less expensive than Kepa.
If you write Havertz transfer fee in Google only Matt Law reports it as 62m.
On 06/09/2020 at 23:06, Stretford Ender said:

One or two, and that was when Zlatan was in the team. What I will say is that no team has made an offer for him, even when he at odds with Jose and made it clear he wanted out. I think we're stuck with him until Raiola decides otherwise.

Pogba looks best when he has world class players around him. At Juve he had the likes of Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio in midfield

He's an incredibly talented player but he lacks that edge to truly implement that talent on the field, he doesn't dominate games much and doesn't elevate the team. Just look at Bruno, he came in and elevated the whole team and dominated 

Been seeing so much saltiness from Bayern fans online since this transfer happened.

They seem to believe that Havertz only joined us to spite Bayern as they told him they didn't want him right now and that he will run his contract down with us and make his dream move to them on a free 

I guess they are still bitter that we signed Ballack on a free from them and beat them on penalties in their own back yard to win the Champions League

Now we've taken the best young German talent who was supposed to be destined to join them away from them

Love to see it 

On 06/09/2020 at 21:50, Stretford Ender said:

Agree 100%. Shaw is a liability, Dan James is not good enough, and may never be. AWB is a traditional full-back, not a wing back. We're all right up front with Greenwood, who is a bit special, Rashford, and Martial but way too narrow.

I was surprised when JM was there the board didn't buy Perisic.

JM can sign a few that don't work yet he has also signed a few that work magic.

Yes, Havertz will be the new Ballack - only better

Is the change coming too early? How is a 21-year-old supposed to shoulder the burden of a € 100 million transfer fee? Why is he even going to Chelsea and not Real Madrid or Liverpool?

Yes, there are definitely concerns about Kai Havertz's move. However, they are all nonsense.

Kai Havertz is not only just as tall (1.89m) and dangerous as the former crowd favorite Michael Ballack - he will hit the ground just like his German predecessor in midfield at Chelsea. At least. Because while Ballack came to the Premier League at the age of 29 and brought Chelsea a championship title, Havertz is eight years younger and will one day lead the club to international success. There is no doubt about Havertz's qualities. And the transfer fee can even help him: you don't put such an expensive player on the bench at first.

Important: Havertz has the unreserved trust of coach Frank Lampard. Whether he uses him as a tenth in 4-2-3-1 or eight in 4-3-3: He will definitely tailor the game to him. With Werner, Ziyech and Thiago Silva, Havertz has gifted new players. With them he will dare to attack the top in Europe.

1 hour ago, Sparkz said:

I guess they are still bitter that we signed Ballack on a free from them and beat them on penalties in their own back yard to win the Champions League

Now we've taken the best young German talent who was supposed to be destined to join them away from them

Love to see it 

You forgot 2005 and laughing at them when they tried to poach Hudson Odoi.

2 hours ago, Sparkz said:

Pogba looks best when he has world class players around him. At Juve he had the likes of Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio in midfield

He's an incredibly talented player but he lacks that edge to truly implement that talent on the field, he doesn't dominate games much and doesn't elevate the team. Just look at Bruno, he came in and elevated the whole team and dominated 

i zink pogba is just another coutinho,mbape,neymar ugly gucci spilled less character disgusting person ,  in my opinion all of them destroy our sport, but it truly was already destroyed . . hmm ..  i hope that more feet on the ground players would be hyped like  the toys from above.   cant wait for the new chelsea and see how they perform. 

There is no way, the fee is just 72m €, we would´ve never sold him for that. German media outlets kicker and BILD who are the most reliable are reporting 80+20 in add-ons. In our club statement we stated that Chelsea "accepted the Leverkusen transfer conditions." Even on the Chelsea website Kai was labelled as the "record signing" so he at least has to be more expensive than Kepa.