Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

The combination of Ziyech and Havertz on set pieces is going to be a force for Chelsea this year. Also the ability of Havertz, Mount, Werner and Ziyech to play multiple positions will mAke Chelsea difficult to defend against. 

I would like to see Havertz and Pulisic add on about 10 pounds of muscle. Perhaps Chelsea should target Bayern Munich's trainer given how ripped so many of their players are. 

On 10/09/2020 at 13:23, Malcolm9 said:

This guy along with Ziyech and Werner will bring us much needed firepower and creativity. Now we have multiple threats across the team rather than one or two, meaning teams can't just double up on one player as such.

We actually had a wide set of players scoring last season, 3 rd highest goals only 1 guy in the top 20 scorers

"Oh, hey mate, hope you are having a wonderful evening. I know you are a future superstar and great talent but you will have to adjust his game tonight. I have so much talent in this squad - Loftus, Mount and on the bench CHO and Barkley. I can't let these generational talents rot. I'm sure you will understand. "

15 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Looked poor. Hope he’s not a busted flush

He hardly looked poor. Showed his quality on multiple occasions. I don’t think anyone assumed he would come in and immediately dominate. In fact, most posts I’ve seen have been tempering expectations for his first few matches.

8 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

He hardly looked poor. Showed his quality on multiple occasions. I don’t think anyone assumed he would come in and immediately dominate. In fact, most posts I’ve seen have been tempering expectations for his first few matches.

Of course we’re all willing to give him time. But let’s just hope we start making excuses for him. 

43 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Let’s be honest, he was pretty much anonymous last night other than an under hit through ball. What instances did he show his quality? Not having a pop, genuinely curious as I can’t remember anything standing out.

Obviously he needs time to adapt, the Prem ain’t the Bundesliga and he looked a bit like a deer in the headlights at times. I’m sure he’ll get used to it over time. It was a lot to take in, playing with new teammates, new tactics, in a different position, in a faster/more physical league after just a week of training with us - that’s a lot for a 21 year old. No matter how talented.

I’m looking forward to him kicking on and hopefully we bring him more centrally going forward. I thought we were far too narrow last night with no natural wingers on the park.

I thought his debut was average, but not really awful. He showed some good movement at times, but the 4-2-2-2 requires more defensive ability from the 2 AM's than he actually has. 

His work rate and defensive acumen are the weakest parts of his game, and it showed. He almost conceded a goal because he was watching the ball rather than Lewis Dunk.

Thought he was ok. He was quite isolated on the wing and we were not passing well, pressing well, and the system wasn’t right, Brighton looked better than us for long periods which isn’t down To Kai. 

What was noticeable is that he’s pretty calm on the ball, is quick for a big guy, and was willing to get stuck in to make up for errors. 

39 minutes ago, DaRick said:

I thought his debut was average, but not really awful. He showed some good movement at times, but the 4-2-2-2 requires more defensive ability from the 2 AM's than he actually has. 

His work rate and defensive acumen are the weakest parts of his game, and it showed. He almost conceded a goal because he was watching the ball rather than Lewis Dunk.

Did we play a 4-2-2-2?